Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Squirrels bark. Although to me it sounds like they are just laughing at my dogs...

There are no native animals here, so pretty tame really. Goats and deer have been introduced in some parts, but I've never seen one that isn't behind a fence. Rabbits and possums were introduced years ago, and they are now a real pest. But where I am in the city, we see nothing...

Yep, he's eaten things that bark (deer, etc)- other than dogs. He draws the line at dogs, because they're mans best friend. Well, his best friends. He wouldn't eat cat I don't think either - because he can take or leave cats. Protected species are off the list, too.

He went without kisses for 24 hours, after he decided to chow down on sauteed scorpions... and crickets.. and grubs..

<gag>

Man of the land. Or should I say; Man of the swamp.....

Um....the deer over there must be alot different than our Texas deer.

Squirrels are rats with fluffy tails. True story.

Oh but they are so cute!!!

You know my favorite Thanksgiving stories are from some of my work colleagues from India that have been here a few years. The year of the "tackling of the turkey" the stories are hilarous. appartently those large birds are scary to cook if you didn't grow up with the custom. If I ever have a situation where I don't have a family Thanksgiving I will definately host a group of non American friends just for the entertainment value - as I try to convince them that pumpkin pie REALLY IS awesome...LOL

So what do you DO at Thanksgiving - you all get together and eat? Any special games? Gift giving? I once went to Disney Land (World?) in LA. It was Thanksgiving Day. The place was empty...

I'm an American in Australia and we don't have it either. But it's my favorite holiday so we host it every year here and it's a big hit. We had 30+ people over this past Saturday for the gathering and it was so much fun. I had no trouble eating. I measured my turkey and had a spoonful of all the other things I wanted. The leftovers are almost gone now. Almost everything I'm used to eating for thanksgiving is pretty sleeve-friendly.

You cooked a turkey in OZ? Wow, that's dedication! Weren't you sweltering? Although... all this talk of turkey has made me feel that it should be on our menu this Christmas. It is supposed to be raining on Christmas Day. Nah, it'll still be too bloodyED hot.

We socialize and play board games on thanksgiving! we eat too but in my family the holidays are about the family as we like each other!

We socialize and play board games on thanksgiving! we eat too but in my family the holidays are about the family as we like each other!

Seriously? I'm so jealous. My holidays are about biting my tongue so as to not call someone an assholed.

I just got the text from my cousin (who's getting married next week) begging me to take the crazy aunt at my family's table. I told her no to mess with her but then I totally caved. The bonus will be watching my father lose his mind over her.

We follow this with Thanksgiving for 60 at my uncle's house. My immediate family makes up 17 of that count…and 2 of the husbands are staying home. Good times. Guaranteed assholed behavior.

I can see were gonna have to start calling PdX butter, based on his cooking. Sorry butter, I guess we'll change your name to 6 pack after your successful surgery. Your pic looks great. And, I don't use butter in my green Beans because they are loaded with BACON!

Besides eating, we make Christmas crafts, play games, drink too much and watch Christmas movies.

Lynda

We have a small family. I've been divorced since the kiddo was born (err, 9 years) and my only sibling is on month 3 of a 12 month deployment to Afghanistan. His wife is working that day so it'll just be my folks, the boy, and I. And we like each other so, yay! No drama! It's when the relations from Jersey decide to join us that things get not so fun. Those people are just weird :/

The only family I have here is what I married, gave birth to, and adopted. And the four of us absolutely adore each other. Our idea of a good time is to hang out on our computers and play minecraft off the same server, watch movies, stay in our PJs all day, cook and feed the kids, and for T'giving, we out to a Brazilian restaurant. It's a family tradition.

So of course this year, I'm wondering if it's worth paying $40 a piece so that Roger and I can have half a sausage each :D. No more big huge plates of meat for him and no flan for me.

But I can't WAIT for this Saturday because we'll all be home together and a week of utter sloth will commence.