Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Angry, Anxious, and Relieved

You are going to be fine. Just breathe and don't forget to ask for painkillers and anti-nausea meds if, and maybe even before you need them. :D

Head down, grit your teeth and take this monster on!

Enjoy the meds, walk a lot, sip Water a lot, take a lip-balm, take comfortable PJ's with you, slippers, deodorant/perfume (that made me feel like a human being) breathe and relax.

You got this, Sista :)

See you on the losers bench! x

Thanks much! I'm heading to the hospital in an hour and a half. I really needed a pep talk and well.. there's no one awake at 2:30am here. lol. I'm spending my last bit of time reviewing "things you need to take" and "things you need to remember" posts. heh

Thanks everyone! Here I go!

I will be in your shoes this time next week. You have went through a lot to get to this point. This means so much more to you than just losing weight.

You are about to change your life ten fold. You have this. In fact reading what you have been though so many times before, you got this without a doubt.

Praying for a speedy recovery.

I'm day three post op and doing okay. It's been a real blessing having a bunch of the people on this site to commune with on a regular basis throughout this process. It was comforting to know that what I was going through was normal. Things like kissing my pets and loved ones goodbye possibly forever the night before surgery. And now reacting to every little change in my body as if it's a medical emergency. It's been really helpful to know I'm not a neurotic hypochondriac... that these are normal responses by a lot of people.

I've actually gotten in a full shake and a bottle of Water before noon today. I'm currently munching on a SF pudding into which I've poured my shake powder. My incisions look well, if a bit bruised. I haven't taken any pain killers since I left the hospital on the evening of the 7th... just liquid tylenol. I remember reading other people's posts how they didn't like the pain killers and I was thinking, "yeah, right... I'm going to milk those for all they're worth!" but no... they were right. It makes it so much harder to keep moving and walking and drinking and spirometering and all the recovery stuff you need to do.

I haven't been able to get on these forums until now because I'm not allowed to lift/push/pull anything over 10 lbs. My laptop is 17 lbs. (it's a gaming laptop). So my hubby offered to put it in my lap this morning. :)

Anyhoo, I seem to be doing pretty well physically and mentally. Thanks for all the support from BariatricPal and the January 2014 sleevers group on FB! You guys are amazing!

Today is my two weekiversary. I had my post op appointment with my surgeon last Tuesday and he said I couldn't be progressing any better. I've been off the Tylenol for about three days now. I'm good for about 30-45 minutes of activity before I need a rest. Still having problems with exhaustion but it's getting better. I'm hitting my Water and Protein goals with no problems. I've started purées with no issues and I've never been so happy to have refried Beans. It has been hard, I won't lie. But it's already been worth it. I'm down 20lbs since pre-op and 14lbs since surgery. Huzzah!

I'm so happy to hear your great news!!! I'm also 2 weeks post op and I'm down 21 pounds since 1 day preop when I started Clear Liquids. Like you I'm extremely happy and am having no complications. Yippie for us!!!!