Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smooth Recovery? Anyone?

Problem free recovery! I'm 21day's post op.And doing really good down about 20pluse lbs eating good drinking a lot taking Vitamins. Just follow doctors orders.First 2 day's you maybe tired I was up the 2nd day walking after my swallow test.

Problem free recovery! I'm 21day's post op.And doing really good down about 20pluse lbs eating good drinking a lot taking Vitamins. Just follow doctors orders.First 2 day's you maybe tired I was up the 2nd day walking after my swallow test.

That' s great

My surgery and recovery were great. Little pain and quickly felt like myself again. I scootered over to a friends house about one week after surgery. She would not believe that I had had the procedure done (cause I was moving around so well) until I showed her my incisions.

You will do great. Keep your thoughts positive.

My surgery and recovery were great. Little pain and quickly felt like myself again. I scootered over to a friends house about one week after surgery. She would not believe that I had had the procedure done (cause I was moving around so well) until I showed her my incisions.

You will do great. Keep your thoughts positive.

I will. Thank you.

20 days out and no problems at all. I don't have my energy back, but it will come. Recovery has been slowed by a very bad gout attack in my foot, but it's getting better. I worried so much about having the surgery and now feel kind of silly. So much easier than I ever hoped. If you follow your doctor 's orders to the letter, you probably won't have any problems. If you don't plan on being compliant, you might want to rethink. Good luck to you.

I only had any pain once, 30 hours after surgery. The nurse gave me some pain killer in my IV and that was it. I was walking a couple hours after surgery. After a week or two I had one little bout of Constipation that Milk of Magnesia solved in an hour. Usually I am a slow healer but my incisions healed quickly- I was showing them off to lots of people because they were so small and healthy.

The only really hard things were getting sick of Protein drinks and yogurt and a one month stall I just got over about 10 days ago. As long as I keep healthy foods available things go really smoothly.

Thank you so much. Do you mind sharing some stats? Height? Starting Weight? How much you've lost so far?

Sure! I am 5ft 11in, started at 292.5, I'm down 51 lbs & 6 wks out.

Another easy ride here. My date was Oct 15, so i will be three weeks out in three days. I get in all of my meds and Vitamins, exceed my Protein using only one 10 oz p drink per day, and have three square pureed meals of 4 oz per day and a snack or two. Im slightly under fluids each day (drink 40-50 oz of Lifewater), but am not dehydrated. Walking 3-5 miles per day, and doing normal chores. Today, I'm painting outside window frames!!!

Fyi, my go-to meals are soft boiled eggs or egg salad, pureed chicken and hummus, pureed tuna and mayo, thick Soups with added chicken, homemade chili, greek yogurt, baby oatmeal, cups of skim milk....

Great tip- when you are thirsty after you eat, but its too soon to drink, eat a sugar free popcicle!

I am set to be sleeved on 11/25 so I have been on this site non-stop. Lately' date=' many of the posts I have been reading have been about complications from surgery. I understand that those are a very real possibility, but it's starting to make me really anxious. I need some good news to keep me balanced and put my fear in check. I have an excellent surgeon and am in fairly good health (no comorbidities except joint pain). I plan on following all preop instructions to the letter. With all that, did You have a good recovery? Somebody please tell me that this process CAN (not wii) go smoothly for me, too.[/quote']

No worries just had the sleeve procedure on Monday free of pain as of Wednesday Do not feel hungry at all. Doctor check up this Tuesday. You will do just fine

As my sleeve date looms (11/25), I'd really like. To hear some more encouraging words. Thanks!

I'm having a textbook recovery and great results. I was sleeved 10/24, one night in the hospital. Stopped taking painkillers the day I got home, and very minimal pain afterwards. I made a typical progression (tough to drink the first day, got increasingly easier the first week.) I'm almost 3 weeks out, down 26 pounds from my pre-op appointment weight (30 overall) and am about to start week two of full liquids, after which I progress into mushies.

I'm not cleared for exercise other than walking until next week (possibly 2 weeks after that, just depends) and while I worked already the first week after surgery, I'm back full time now. I've attended two benefits (both with several hours on my feet, etc) and have a big work week next week that I'm not worried about at all.

This has by far been the easiest recovery from surgery I have ever had. My heart breaks at the stories of people who have had trouble, but I think my story might be more typical. We tend to say more when things go wrong than when they go right.

Best of luck to you!

This thread is so encouraging! Sometimes I think it is easy to focus on the negative. I also noticed that when I went to support group in person the people there were very positive as well.

<p>I'm having a textbook recovery and great results. I was sleeved 10/24, one night in the hospital. Stopped taking painkillers the day I got home, and very minimal pain afterwards. I made a typical progression (tough to drink the first day, got increasingly easier the first week.) I'm almost 3 weeks out, down 26 pounds from my pre-op appointment weight (30 overall) and am about to start week two of full liquids, after which I progress into mushies.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'm not cleared for exercise other than walking until next week (possibly 2 weeks after that, just depends) and while I worked already the first week after surgery, I'm back full time now. I've attended two benefits (both with several hours on my feet, etc) and have a big work week next week that I'm not worried about at all.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>This has by far been the easiest recovery from surgery I have ever had. My heart breaks at the stories of people who have had trouble, but I think my story might be more typical. We tend to say more when things go wrong than when they go right.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Best of luck to you!</p>

Thank you for the encouraging words. Sometimes is good to get some perspective. And I will probably need more and more of that as my date approaches. 12 days and counting!

I have had a great recovery. I was sleeved on 10/11/13. I went in at 238 and as of today 11/12/13 I weigh 213.

I had bad N&V for the 24 hours, but I always react like that to general anesthesia. The gas in the shoulders hurt for the first 24 hours and so did my belly, but that's to be expected with 5 holes in my belly.

As soon as I got home I started walking, and I just started exercising at the gym again. One of my incision sights is very sore, but it's the "big hole", and I think it's probably normal. I just take a Tylenol and it eases off.

I'm hungry all the time, which is disappointing. My nutritionist suggested I up the Protein and thinks it should ease off with the workouts.

Okay was sleeved 11/11 and I am happy!! Out today I walk the gas out and use gas ex strips. Walking makes me feel good. I was sleeved by Alvarez in Mexico and they were the bomb!! Great experience I plan to follow the plan with the foods!