Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smooth Recovery? Anyone?

I am set to be sleeved on 11/25 so I have been on this site non-stop. Lately, many of the posts I have been reading have been about complications from surgery. I understand that those are a very real possibility, but it's starting to make me really anxious. I need some good news to keep me balanced and put my fear in check. I have an excellent surgeon and am in fairly good health (no comorbidities except joint pain). I plan on following all preop instructions to the letter. With all that, did You have a good recovery? Somebody please tell me that this process CAN (not wii) go smoothly for me, too.

My recovery was easy. I walked a bunch after surgery everyday. Now I'm 7 months out and 20 lbs from goal.

I'm almost 6 wks post op & I had minimal pain when I woke up in recovery. Minimal pain at home, to this day have never vomited, had nausea, diarrhea or Constipation. No food I've introduced has disagreed with me. I couldn't have asked for a better recovery! I went back to work after 2 weeks off. I was tired at first but that went away as I was able to take in more Protein. My only complaint was I got a UTI from the catheter in the hospital but that really wasn't anything antibiotics couldn't handle. good luck to you I hope your experience is just as great!

I'm almost 6 wks post op & I had minimal pain when I woke up in recovery. Minimal pain at home' date=' to this day have never vomited, had nausea, diarrhea or Constipation. No food I've introduced has disagreed with me. I couldn't have asked for a better recovery! I went back to work after 2 weeks off. I was tired at first but that went away as I was able to take in more Protein. My only complaint was I got a UTI from the catheter in the hospital but that really wasn't anything antibiotics couldn't handle. good luck to you I hope your experience is just as great![/quote']

Thank you so much. Do you mind sharing some stats? Height? Starting Weight? How much you've lost so far?

I had a great recovery. No nausea, no vomiting, no Constipation, no diarrhea. I was up and walking within an hour after surgery and didn't even get into the hospital bed in my room until 10 PM that night when I decided to try to sleep.< /p>

No food has disagreed with me. I've hit my Protein and fluid goals every single day since the day after surgery.

I'm not surprised that you are seeing a lot of posts from people with issues and complications. That's how people tend to use a forum like this -- for help if something goes wrong. But meanwhile I am pretty sure there are tons of us out there who have had nothing go wrong.

Best wishes to you!

So far, my recovery had been smooth (2 weeks since surgery). Still on liquids, but I'm getting enough Protein to stay energized. Would do it over again in a heartbeat! It's so good not to feel hungry all the time.

I had a great recovery. No nausea' date=' no vomiting, no Constipation, no diarrhea. I was up and walking within an hour after surgery and didn't even get into the hospital bed in my room until 10 PM that night when I decided to try to sleep.

No food has disagreed with me. I've hit my Protein and Fluid goals every single day since the day after surgery.

I'm not surprised that you are seeing a lot of posts from people with issues and complications. That's how people tend to use a forum like this -- for help if something goes wrong. But meanwhile I am pretty sure there are tons of us out there who have had nothing go wrong.

Best wishes to you![/quote']

Thank you.

My recovery was textbook. No problems whatsoever. I was uncomfortable getting into and out of bed each day, definitely uncomfortable not in pain. I was tired and it took a couple of weeks to get my energy back. That's it. Good luck. it really is amazing how easy it can all be when things go well.

I am set to be sleeved on 11/25 so I have been on this site non-stop. Lately' date=' many of the posts I have been reading have been about complications from surgery. I understand that those are a very real possibility, but it's starting to make me really anxious. I need some good news to keep me balanced and put my fear in check. I have an excellent surgeon and am in fairly good health (no comorbidities except joint pain). I plan on following all preop instructions to the letter. With all that, did You have a good recovery? Somebody please tell me that this process CAN (not wii) go smoothly for me, too.[/quote']

No problems here. The first week or so sleeping in my bed was a little uncomfortable. It was more of an annoyance than anything else. Once I started walking the pain in my side went away. Like the others who have posted, I have had zero nausea and no diarrhea. I had some Constipation but once I was able to include more in my diet that went away. I do have chewable Fiber everyday to keep me regular. I am very happy that my doctor was very conservative in his post op instructions. All liquids for 1 month, and then 1 month each for purée food, mushy food, and soft food. Oh yeah, no acid reflux and no medicine. My doctor fixed my hiatal hernia. Good luck to you. Best thing I have done for myself.

No problems here. The first week or so sleeping in my bed was a little uncomfortable. It was more of an annoyance than anything else. Once I started walking the pain in my side went away. Like the others who have posted' date=' I have had zero nausea and no diarrhea. I had some Constipation but once I was able to include more in my diet that went away. I do have chewable Fiber everyday to keep me regular. I am very happy that my doctor was very conservative in his post op instructions. All liquids for 1 month, and then 1 month each for purée food, mushy food, and soft food. Oh yeah, no acid reflux and no medicine. My doctor fixed my hiatal hernia. Good luck to you. Best thing I have done for myself.[/quote']

My recovery was identical to this. The only difference was that my phases were two weeks each.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I am over 3 months post-op and I wouldn't change a thing. This surgery is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I no longer take blood pressure meds, my heart rate use to stay in the 90's, now in the low 70's. I feel better, look better and my husband is enjoying my new slimmer body. For me I definitely give this a thumbs up. That being said, the first 2 weeks were tough, but like others on this site I just kept my eyes on the prize and now I have a tough time remembering those first 2 weeks. Hope this helps.

I am set to be sleeved on 11/25 so I have been on this site non-stop. Lately' date=' many of the posts I have been reading have been about complications from surgery. I understand that those are a very real possibility, but it's starting to make me really anxious. I need some good news to keep me balanced and put my fear in check. I have an excellent surgeon and am in fairly good health (no comorbidities except joint pain). I plan on following all preop instructions to the letter. With all that, did You have a good recovery? Somebody please tell me that this process CAN (not wii) go smoothly for me, too.[/quote']

I'm 2 weeks postop and have had no problems! It IS possible! I've had some recent low energy days but hello- I'll take it. I think your recovery has a lot to do with the type of person you are. Some people on here have some major emotional issues outside of their weight problems- I steer clear of that and choose to remain the positive person that I am. I avoided negative/complication threads like the plague preop- I didn't want any negative thoughts preop. Also some people are whiners while others are truly having problems postop and I really feel for them. The most important thing you can do is ride the positive train here- also cruise the before and after threads (these have gotten me through these low energy days). Don't fall into negativity- it's poison.

{)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

Absolutely NO complications!!! The first couple of days were slow going but since then it's been amazing!! Best thing I've ever done for myself!! Starting weight was 344. Today I'm 263. Sleeved on 6/3/13. Yesterday I did a 5k walked/jogged and today I walked 5.21 miles!! I think working out is the key! There are very few foods that cause me problems and I've only thrown up once and it was because I ate too much too fast!! Good luck with your surgery!!! It's awesome!!!!

I had a great recovery. Not a single problem. Woke up, walked for 40 minutes, and did again and again. I would do it again in a heartbeat! You'll do great.

3 months out from being sleeved & have had no complications. I was sore in my stomach after surgery due to anesthesia, but it got better once I got up & walked around. I have not gotten sick or had any problems with any foods. Just follow the doctors orders and do this procedure for you and you will be very successful! Good luck!