Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayers up!And I'm in Marin county. Is there a support group up in S,R ?

Yes... There actually a few. I'm going to one at Wells Fargo center every second sat. Of the month.

Prayers up!And I'm in Marin county. Is there a support group up in S,R ?

Yes... There actually a few. I'm going to one at Wells Fargo center every second sat. Of the month.

Thank I will look it up !

Im from Rodeo, which is between Vallejo and Richmond. Anyone know of a support group for this location? Im hoping to get SLEEVED sometime in June or July. Just waiting for Insurance clearance, everything else is done. I would like to meet up with others that have or is having the Sleeve or any other similar precedure.

Hello all....... you can go to the Kaiser Richmond support group every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month from 6:00-7:30pm. Everyone is welcome, you do not have to be a Kaiser member. I don't recall the room number but I can get that if anyone is interested. There is a meeting this Week.

Jennifer

I had dr elsami in May 2013 and it was the best. By jan 2014 I made my goal weight. I love this man so much I am on his web site telling people about my journey. Go to slimline solution.com and click on pt testimonial I am the white girl the third one down. I was 310 to start.ni hit 175 on jan 4 this year. 2 weeks before my 50 th bday. We went to Vegas for it. And we had a good time! What happened there will have to stay there! But I love my surgeon and pass out his caro people who I may miss and are wondering how you start on this road. I am a cheer leader in his office and have had meeting with people in the waiting room and ones he has ask me to meet who are thinking of doing the surgery but need someone to talk to. I love doing it. I like being able to change peopled lives! I need to become a admin on this site to help me in this passion!

I'm in San Francisco, and my surgery date is this coming Tuesday, July 1! :rolleyes:

god luck Tuesday.

I am in Fremont and had my surgery 6/18 at South San Fran Kaiser.

I am in Roseville near Sacramento. Just starting my adventure. I think I am going through Kaiser South Sac. Anyone here who had surg there?

Hi Runnerkellie I am in Roseville too and going through Kaiser South Sac! How is your journey going? Did you have your surgery yet? If so how long did the whole process take? I've been to the info seminar and now I have my orientation tomorrow. So excited!!!!!!

I had my surgery at Methodist hospital in sac. It was great. It was in January. I can answer questions if you have any. Things have really settled with my sleeve. I remember when I had a lot of questions:)

I had my surgery at Methodist hospital in sac. It was great. It was in January. I can answer questions if you have any. Things have really settled with my sleeve. I remember when I had a lot of questions:)

Thank you abordenter! Yes I have so many questions. This site has helped so much! I have my consult with the surgeon on Tuesday. Any advice?

I'm in Modesto that's 1hr from sac

NurseNic4 I missed responding in time for your consult. I hope it went well. Looking back I remember he mostly wants to know which surgery you want. Then it's time to get all the tests done. Did he ask you whether you had an issue with sugar? He may recommend by pass for people who have problems with sugar addiction. Which is weird to me because in the orientation seminar it seemed like the sleeve was his favorite. Any how just checking in.

Awwww thank you @@abordenster for checking in on me! It went well. He didn't ask me about any sugar issues but I do have one! Lol I definitely want the sleeve though. He told me I need to lose 13 lbs and I am really struggling with it. I am eating better, trying to drink my Water, not snacking in between meals and I've only lost 2 lbs! I'm trying not to get discouraged but it's hard. I only have a certain amount of time to get my surgery done because I start back to school in November. He said it should be fine but if I can't lose the weight I can't move forward with any of the other appts. Sorry rant over, just feeling frustrated. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks again for thinking about me! ❤️

It's not ranting. Waiting is frustrating. The doctor was asking me to lose weight before surgery and it was hard. My food addiction and what seemed to be empty belly had more control than me. But I was 240 and lost five pounds before the preop diet visit. The preop diet I lost 15 pounds in almost two weeks. It seems like the high Protein and fluids but not much else diets seem to work. I drank four high Protein Shakes a day and had lean protein and veggies I could eat as much as I wanted. The nutritionist plan is too shrink the liver for safe surgery. It's not a fun one. I had a friend who used Bob Harpers skinny rules to maintain her weight loss. I wish I had good advise. I watched a lot of biggest loser to get in the zone. After the surgery it won't be such a struggle anymore. I've been a slow loser trying to get used to not needing as much food. But I'm slowly getting it. I loved nurse Rhondi at eslami's office but with him I just felt like I had to jump through his hoops. He is a tough surgeon and a good one but no nonsense. I had trouble with sugar too. Now watermelon is enough. When I eat sugar I feel like crap so it's a good deterrent. The sleeve is a great choice. Just be confident in his office and work hard to get there. It is worth it. Now I can apologize for babbling:)

Angelina