Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Have you tried Gatorade at all? Or maybe splash your Water with some Gatorade just to help with your electrolytes until you can take in more? I wouldn't even (personally) worry about getting the G2 Gatorade. I would get the regular. Sorry you are so nauseated. That is the worst feeling. I hope your meds come soon! Did you get any Isopure clear drinks? Maybe those would go down easier than the shakes? I have no clue, just don't want you to get dehydrated!

I had not thought of gatoraid I will have my hubby pick that up when my meds are ready. I do worry about the sugar content of them. I didn't get isopure. I am on something called beniprotin it comes in a can like baby formula. I mix it with 1/2 pack carnation instant breakfast(sugar fee) and skim milk. I backed myself back down to Clear Liquids. I have had two medicine (one ounce) cups of water and am nursing a Jello.

I am starting to wonder if I have an issue with milk because when I threw up the first time it was after the shake, then the next I tasted a cream Soup literally dipped my spoon in and licked it.

I am thinking of looking into those Protein Shots but I need to find a good easily absorbed and digestible one like the 100% whey isolate. Has anyone had any experience with those? I was thinking a could drink that since it is significantly less to consume then the 8 oz shake they want me to drink.

Do you have GNC near enough by you? I think they sell individual Isopure drinks, you could try one to see if you have a reaction. Some people talk about taking a Lactaid before their milk products? Or what about mixing your Protein with soy milk or almond milk (I think those don't have lactose).

This is from the Body Fortress (sold at Walmart) whey protein shots:

Ultimate Recovery Fuel (Fruit Punch)
26 grams of Protein
Supports Exercise Recovery
with BCAA's
Zero Sugar
*This product is made up of a protein blend that contains collagenic protein isolate, whey protein isolate and casein protein isolate.

I don't know anything about Protein Shots, just did a search and trying to help!

Also, maybe do a forum search for protein shots and see what others had to say or what others found. Good luck!

How in the heck did you get 85 grams of Protein? !?! At 2 days post op?!?!

I wanna know too! I thought I was doing decently getting in 40 oz of liquid and 15g protein!

I am staying another night too. I want to make sure my pain is manageable on po meds. My right side hurts the most too. Doc sats its where they pull the stomach out and there are some internal stitching. The nurse told me most people stay 2 nights its rare to go home after one day. On a funny note, anyone do anything crazy on versed before the surgery? i apparently held my hands up and screamed "wooo im on a rollercoaster!!" while being wheeled to or. I also told my sister i thought i was drunk. Lol! anyone else?

My surgery was Tuesday 12/3. I ended up staying a second night, which I'm glad I did. I was feeling very sore and I had a lot of gas pain /incision pain but that is getting better as I am now getting out of bed and walking. I slept a lot yesterday. I am now back at home still feeling sore but glad to be back home. Hope everyone is recovering well and good luck to all the up coming sleevers :)

Hi Tami, who was ur doctor? My diet sounds the same. Days 1-3 clear liquid days 3-21 full liquids then a week or 2 of soft then onto normal eating

Dr Kim in colleyville texas. I re-read the phases today, looks like week 4-5 start purée then week 6 starts the soft Protein phase 4

My surgery was Tuesday 12/3. I ended up staying a second night, which I'm glad I did. I was feeling very sore and I had a lot of gas pain /incision pain but that is getting better as I am now getting out of bed and walking. I slept a lot yesterday. I am now back at home still feeling sore but glad to be back home. Hope everyone is recovering well and good luck to all the up coming sleevers

Wishing everyone a good night, it's sleeting like crazy here in north texas! The pitter patter is keeping me awake!

I'm sorry I haven't been on here as much, but keeping up with the daily emails!

Glad to hear most are doing well, praying for those struggling with pain and or roller coaster stomachs. Everyday will get better!

Good luck to tomorrow's sleevers!

Oh and I too loved the TMI warning, greatness!

I wanna know too! I thought I was doing decently getting in 40 oz of liquid and 15g protein!

Posted above in the thread...

Posted above in the thread...

I saw that I just couldn't possibly drink all that! I did half a premiere Protein and like 3 oz of broth. Wonder if I need to worry that I couldn't get that in.

I saw that I just couldn't possibly drink all that! I did half a premiere Protein and like 3 oz of broth. Wonder if I need to worry that I couldn't get that in.

I think getting in less protein straight out of the gate is more common, so please don't worry. It took a long time for the thicker protein in Soup and Premier Protein to go down. The Unjury chicken protein in broth was super thin, as was the Click, so they went down fairly easily. I started early in the day, and as my NUT suggested, focused on those four opportunities for protein. I'm certain I will have a harder time in a few weeks when I'm eating solids, but for now, I'll take what I can get.

Hi all,

Had my sleeve done on Monday the 2nd. Pain isn't too bad just the right side of my abdomen where they had the drain in still hurts. My biggest problem was postoperative nausea and vomiting. The fluids weren't going through my sleeve fast enough so I kept vomiting them back up. I had to stay an extra day in the hospital and they added a scopolamine patch and some raglan which helped a lot. Home now and much more comfortable. My advice to you is get that scopolamine patch in pre op just to be on the safe side.

Hi everyone. I started my two week pre-op diet yesterday and I'm having trouble with gas, bloating, and diarrhea. My surgery is scheduled for 12-18 and I'm really trying to follow this diet, but this is very uncomfortable. Anyone else having issues?

This is said to say but it took me 9 days to realize the reason I was so sick was b/c I am allergic to whey. Now I drink egg white Protein Shakes and I feel human again!

Have you tried Gatorade at all? Or maybe splash your Water with some Gatorade just to help with your electrolytes until you can take in more? I wouldn't even (personally) worry about getting the G2 Gatorade. I would get the regular. Sorry you are so nauseated. That is the worst feeling. I hope your meds come soon! Did you get any Isopure clear drinks? Maybe those would go down easier than the shakes? I have no clue, just don't want you to get dehydrated!

I had not thought of gatoraid I will have my hubby pick that up when my meds are ready. I do worry about the sugar content of them. I didn't get isopure. I am on something called beniprotin it comes in a can like baby formula. I mix it with 1/2 pack carnation instant breakfast(sugar fee) and skim milk. I backed myself back down to clear liquids. I have had two medicine (one ounce) cups of water and am nursing a Jello.< /p>

I am starting to wonder if I have an issue with milk because when I threw up the first time it was after the shake, then the next I tasted a cream Soup literally dipped my spoon in and licked it.

I am thinking of looking into those Protein Shots but I need to find a good easily absorbed and digestible one like the 100% whey isolate. Has anyone had any experience with those? I was thinking a could drink that since it is significantly less to consume then the 8 oz shake they want me to drink.

I do read about some people being lactose intolerant at least for a time post op. Hopefully cutting the milk for a bit will help.

The Protein shots all seem to have collagen protein as the main ingredient. These shady companies know that the amino acids in collagen are not bio-available to us and therefor we can't use them for a protein. We get 0 grams of usable protein from collagen. That's probably why they through some amount (which they don't tell us the amount of) of whey protein in as a secondary ingredient.

I hope you feel better soon!

Hi everyone. I started my two week pre-op diet yesterday and I'm having trouble with gas, bloating, and diarrhea. My surgery is scheduled for 12-18 and I'm really trying to follow this diet, but this is very uncomfortable. Anyone else having issues?

This is said to say but it took me 9 days to realize the reason I was so sick was b/c I am allergic to whey. Now I drink egg white Protein Shakes and I feel human again!
I would hear that periodically, so I started my whey Protein for my Snacks and Breakfast, a few weeks before the liquid diet to make sure that didnt happen before I spent a bunch on stuff. Im glad you figured it out!

I had similar issues and was told is was normal due to the high Protein, low fat, low sugar pre-op diet. Believe me, once you have surgery, you'll wish you had those same issues! I was sleeved 12/2 and would slap a baby for a BM!!! LOL!!!