Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I'm 2 days post op (surgery on Tuesday at lunchtime), and I've had no problems getting in Fluid and Protein so far. I've had 85g Protein today, along with Water, broth, and a little bi of diet juice.

post-165959-0-20288400-1386296876_thumb.jpg

I'm 2 days post op (surgery on Tuesday at lunchtime), and I've had no problems getting in Fluid and Protein so far. I've had 85g protein today, along with Water, broth, and a little bi of diet juice.<br><br>

How in the heck did you get 85 grams of protein?!?! At 2 days post op?!?!

Hi All: I just joined tonight. My surgery is December 16th. I am 57, 5' 8.5" - down to 222 lbs from 230. I have been heavy for almost 20 years and wanted to make sure that I did not continue down the path I had been going. You know, high blood pressure, cholesterol and started to worry that diabetes would be next. I am within two weeks of surgery and it is just starting to hit me! I am drinking the shakes now. Did anyone develop headaches the first week of prep? I don't drink caffeine on a regular basis, so I don't think it is that. The nutritionist at my doctor's office said I might be allergic to whey. Just wonder what anyone experienced at this point? Looking at your list of surgery dates on page 101 - it looks like there are a lot of people having surgery on the same day as me. Is anyone else as nervous as I am right now?

Hi Cabstewart,

I'm also a 12/16 sleever! This is is the third day of my Preop and I had a hard time the first day. I felt a little dizzy and I did have something besides liquid. I too am very nervous. I was reading a post about two sisters that had surgery and one sister didn't make it a year, that is what I am truly afraid of. I've never been "under the knife" so my nerves are going haywire! I'm not having surgery to look good, I'm having it because of my co- morbidities and trying to have a better more energy filled life with my two young children. Every time we play I'm tired easily and out of breath and I feel like I'm cheating them of these moments with me because I'm overweight. I don't want to be that mom to them, and I Amos ready to live a healthier lifestyle. Looking good is just the plus of the surgery. But trust me I'm nervous, very nervous. I may need a Xanax before surgery, lol!

I'm 2 days post op (surgery on Tuesday at lunchtime), and I've had no problems getting in Fluid and Protein so far. I've had 85g Protein today, along with Water, broth, and a little bi of diet juice.

Frkn Awwwwesome!! What app are u tracking that with plz? Keep up the gr8 work, wow. I pray to b so blessed like that when its my turn:)

Me too

Me too

Hi everyone. I started my two week pre-op diet yesterday and I'm having trouble with gas, bloating, and diarrhea. My surgery is scheduled for 12-18 and I'm really trying to follow this diet, but this is very uncomfortable. Anyone else having issues?

I had the runs on day 2 (and peed every hour for the first 2 days) but I've been fine since. You could have a whey intolerance.

attachicon.gif:

That is awesome! Congrats! These premier Protein drinks have grown on me. With 30 grams of protein, I continue on them. So great that you have no problems getting in fluids at all! I hope that for the rest of us! Keep up the great work!

<p>I had the runs on day 2 (and peed every hour for the first 2 days) but I've been fine since. You could have a whey intolerance.</p>

Yes, the thought cross my mind but Ive never had a problem with milk or cheese. And I love them both. Today I added 2 oz of cheese and my stomach felt better. Hope I can get over this as I'm already so nervous about this surgery. I might try adding Fiber to one of my Protein drinks.

Positive thoughts for the Dec 6 sleevers tomorrow! Hope you all have an uneventful recovery and looking forward to hearing from you all!

• Dec 06 kyholder
  • Dec 06 harleychic
  • Dec 06 MythunderAz

Good luck to everyone who has surgery tomorrow and congrats to everyone who has been sleeved. Hope everyone recovers quickly and no complications.

How in the heck did you get 85 grams of Protein? !?! At 2 days post op?!?!

One Click coffee Protein Drink this morning (15g protein), Syntrax unflavored protein mixed into a cream Soup at lunchtime (17g protein), Unjury chicken protein mixed into chicken broth at dinnertime (23g protein), and one chocolate Premier Protein drink (30g protein). 548 calories and 85g protein in total.

Frkn Awwwwesome!! What app are u tracking that with plz? Keep up the gr8 work, wow. I pray to b so blessed like that when its my turn:)

In using My Fitness Pal. The calorie breakdown is found under the little pie-like circle on the bottom of the day's entries. From there, click on the list button in the top right corner and you'll see your nutritional breakdown for the day.

Hi All: I just joined tonight. My surgery is December 16th. I am 57, 5' 8.5" - down to 222 lbs from 230. I have been heavy for almost 20 years and wanted to make sure that I did not continue down the path I had been going. You know, high blood pressure, cholesterol and started to worry that diabetes would be next. I am within two weeks of surgery and it is just starting to hit me! I am drinking the shakes now. Did anyone develop headaches the first week of prep? I don't drink caffeine on a regular basis, so I don't think it is that. The nutritionist at my doctor's office said I might be allergic to whey. Just wonder what anyone experienced at this point? Looking at your list of surgery dates on page 101 - it looks like there are a lot of people having surgery on the same day as me. Is anyone else as nervous as I am right now?

Welcome!! I was so nervous, burst into tears twice in the holding area. This is such a big decision, we all should feel a touch nervous so don't worry!! I felt better upon waking and getting moving, I know I did the right thing! Rely on others here, you will be at your surgery date in no time :)