Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Affordable Care Act

I find it incredibly sad that people feel the need to put "not racist" when speaking out about again Obamacare or Obama.

Race has NOTHING to do with it and anyone who assumes it does is a moron. It's completely ridiculous that people feel the need to say "not racist". Funny, I don't remember anyone saying "not racist" when speaking out against Bush or Clinton. Speaking out against Obama is no different.

Seriously, anyone who tries to play the race card for simply not agreeing with the president is a complete idiot.

<end rant>

Unfortunately, I've seen that card pulled on this site a few times. Not to mention, what I hear outside of LBT.

I honestly think that the race card is a last resort; something to throw out there when certain people can't handle the fact that many do not like ANYthing the man has done since in office. It's almost like a knee jerk reaction to the bombardment of hatred toward Obama. When I hear someone say that people who don't like Obama are racist, my very first thought is.....you are ignorant, and unable to keep up with the ongoing debate. But if you really think about it, didn't we know that this would happen, having the first black man in office? And oh....my.....God. If anything ever happens to this president, we'll have a countrywide riot. History has proven that to be a true statement. We've come so far with race relations over the years, but clearly, not far enough.

I did not vote for Obama. Not the first or second time, because I don't like his POLITICS. But when he did win, and I watched the inauguration, I felt such a sense of pride in how far we've come. I truly and honestly wanted this man to do great things. But clearly, all of my fears about him have come to fruition.

When we mandate that everyone has healthcare, how are we going to "mandate" enough health care providers to take care of them. It already takes months to get in to see your doctor. Doctors are not buying into this. I saw a poll yesterday that said 44 percent of doctors won't take this, 42 percent said they probably won't. They are shoving nurse practioners through the courses so fast it'll make your head spin, many will not be qualified or compitent. You will be putting your life in their hands. And, what about people who already had insurance that no longer will and will be on the market looking to see who is trying to rip them off. Theres not going to be much oversight as confusing as this thing is. I'm done with it. I'll just have to wait and see what happens and hope it caves in. I believe the 2014 elections are going to say alot more than we will on this forum. Even the dems are jumping ship like rats on the titanic right now.

Keep politics off this site!!!! Not everyone agrees with every person!

If you don't like the thread, there is no one holding a gun to your head making you read it. Move onto something more along the lines of what you're looking for. Most of us communicating on this subject, have cultivated e-relationships over the months and years. We are entitled to have conversations. And for the record, not everyone agrees with every person on matters of the lap band, either.

But from what I have seen, something had to change.....

How about get a job? That would have been a nice change. Then they would probably, but not assuredly, have some form of health insurance. Too many capable non workers doing nothing on the workers dime. We are now officially in a welfare state. Literally, it was just on the news two nights ago.

I checked out the web site and my insurance would go up 245 per month. The catch is I don't know what my coverage would be or what my deductible would be so i am really in the dark as to whether it is better or not. Regardless, I don't want the gov to run another program into the ground like they have everything else. I guarantee you IT WILL FAIL!

Sorry I am not trying to offend anyone but I gotta get this off of my chest! :(

For me...my policy is going up $8 per month, compared to 2013. Less than it has went up in any of the past 20 years percentage wise....and the deductibles are the same as they have been for the past 4 years. The coverage is the same, or actually a tad bit better, considering they are adding in "free" vision care. We are changing from Aetna to BCBS because the costs to my employer are CHEAPER.....I have had employer paid (at least a portion of it) insurance for the last 20 years.

I happen to like the idea that everyone will be mandated to have medical insurance....as WE, the taxpayers are already paying for it now, for those who don't choose to. I see people all the time who don't have medical insurance, yet they have smart phones, two or three vehicles in their driveway, cable tv, expensive clothes, the newest video gaming system, and on and on and on.

I don't pretend to know all the ACA benefits or downfalls...and I'm sure there are plenty of both. But from what I have seen, something had to change.....

And I don't want to pay for any of this either. Thats my beef. I don't want to be on the hook for everybody elses perks. Yes, I say perks because if they can afford all of this other stuff they should be able to pay for their own healthcare. But they also should be given the choice. I visit the slums often in my work and see people who live in houses with holes in the ceilings and floors with nice tvs and furniture cars and cellphones, many paid for by our tax dollars. I'll also be the one paying for their healthcare.

And I don't want to pay for any of this either. Thats my beef. I don't want to be on the hook for everybody elses perks. Yes, I say perks because if they can afford all of this other stuff they should be able to pay for their own healthcare. But they also should be given the choice. I visit the slums often in my work and see people who live in houses with holes in the ceilings and floors with nice tvs and furniture cars and cellphones, many paid for by our tax dollars. I'll also be the one paying for their healthcare.

I'm so with you on this. I think I may need to go back on my blood pressure meds!!!!

I don't know about all of you, but I am ready for some baseball!

Do you have a beard? :D

Hahaha...... As we say here in SoCal, don'tcha just love them Dodgers!

I find it incredibly sad that people feel the need to put "not racist" when speaking out about again Obamacare or Obama.

Race has NOTHING to do with it and anyone who assumes it does is a moron. It's completely ridiculous that people feel the need to say "not racist". Funny, I don't remember anyone saying "not racist" when speaking out against Bush or Clinton. Speaking out against Obama is no different.

Seriously, anyone who tries to play the race card for simply not agreeing with the president is a complete idiot.

<end rant>

Missy, on another thread race came into play I believe and the fact that I called it Obamacare instead of ACA.

Missy, on another thread race came into play I believe and the fact that I called it Obamacare instead of ACA.

Whoever made it a race issue because you called it Obamacare (what most of the mainstream media call it too, btw) is a complete moron.

And I've heard Obama embrace the term obamacare....guess that makes him a racist? This administration is notorious for putting attractive labels or changing the name so people will forget the dis function and ugliness. The plan is to make them palatable. But what it amounts to is you can change the name of #%^* to manure. But you can't change the fact that it stinks and it's still #%^*!!!

Holle,

Take it in stride, you don't have to like the politics but it's an open forum and it's good for people to speak their minds no matter what the topic is.

Hearing both sides of an issue is not a negative we learn things we didn't know before and that is in line with what these forums are for.

Speak your mind but with hold your judgement of others, and others should do the same. We are not here to be bullied or to bully anyone.

This topic will affect lapband patients and that is why we are all discussing it and sharing what we know and have experienced so we can support each other.

The topic of racism...should be a none issue. We are not discussing that and name calling should not to be tolerated.

We are a great group of people and we share and learn lots from each other, this should be no different.