Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Affordable Care Act

Well let me say this.... Beginning 1/1/14, I will have better coverage, at half the premium (with NO SUBSIDY) and similar deductibles as I have now. The coverage on my daughter will be even better because hers includes dental and eye care.

I completely agree that this will be a wait and see, but what it looks like now, for me at least, this will be a huge benefit. I'm sure it's different in different area's and how many carriers are offering coverage, obviously, the more carriers, the more competitive the pricing will be.

Wait for it. This is imploding quickly.

Hey guys remember the koolaide that Jim Jones fed his followers of the Peoples Temple in Guyana in the 70s. So goes the Obama Koolaide. Sorry, not racist, just not gullible either.

By the way, the prediction is now that more like 80% will lose their insurance. Its the middleclass, the very people that are scoped out to pay for this stuff that are losing their insurance. Kind of ironic isn't it?

I find it incredibly sad that people feel the need to put "not racist" when speaking out about again Obamacare or Obama.

Race has NOTHING to do with it and anyone who assumes it does is a moron. It's completely ridiculous that people feel the need to say "not racist". Funny, I don't remember anyone saying "not racist" when speaking out against Bush or Clinton. Speaking out against Obama is no different.

Seriously, anyone who tries to play the race card for simply not agreeing with the president is a complete idiot.

<end rant>

Unfortunately politics made my fills go from 35 dollars deductable to 70 as of Jan 1st. I think it has everything to do with this site. Also, lots of folks are losing their fills totally and alot of insurances are taking WLS totally out of coverage because they can't afford to keep it in there and meet the demands of the "politics".

We all won't agree, but seriously, ranting doesn't hurt anyone and if reading it offends, don't read.

First of all this is a LAP BAND forum to help people with lap band success stories or issues or ask questions that they have! Not to discuss politics! I can give you a forum to spew all the BS you want on that forum! So there, "problem solved".

Again, no one made you open or read this thread. It's obvious from the title it was political.

And btw, the forum owner doesn't have a problem with it so long as it's respectful.

Don't like it, don't read it. End of story.

Get over it.

Truely, I work in the medical field as does Missy, I believe. I see the suffering thats going on by people losing their insurance or their premiums and deductable shooting up, Doctors taking early retirement or opting to go into total private practice so they don't have to deal with obamacare. I see people on Medicare getting their benefits stripped and I see that the hospitals are going to pay for it in the end up having to see more people without insurance cuz they can't turn them away. This is going to be a domino affect that will destroy our health care system. I'm actually one of the lucky ones, I don't have children at home. I make ok money and am relatively healthy for now but I have coworkers that are not so fortunate and are trying to figure out how to pay those deductables and copays if their child has strep throat or some common illness that kids just get. Seriously? I personally don't care if you agree with my vp or not. The proof is in th puddin.

Truely' date=' I work in the medical field as does Missy, I believe. I see the suffering thats going on by people losing their insurance or their premiums and deductable shooting up, Doctors taking early retirement or opting to go into total private practice so they don't have to deal with obamacare. I see people on Medicare getting their benefits stripped and I see that the hospitals are going to pay for it in the end up having to see more people without insurance cuz they can't turn them away. This is going to be a domino affect that will destroy our health care system. I'm actually one of the lucky ones, I don't have children at home. I make ok money and am relatively healthy for now but I have coworkers that are not so fortunate and are trying to figure out how to pay those deductables and copays if their child has strep throat or some common illness that kids just get. Seriously? I personally don't care if you agree with my vp or not. The proof is in th puddin.[/quote']

No, I don't work in healthcare. But I did read the entire 1000+ page Obamacare bill so I'm acutely and painfully aware of the facts. I've known for a couple years this fiasco would happen and I know it will only get worse. Not everyone has been affected by the new healthcare laws yet, but because of the way the bill is written and the stipulations against private health insurance written into it, sooner or later everyone will feel the adverse effects.

The man got on TV numerous times and lied to all of us about Obumacare. I for one never believed the scumbag but so many did.

Plus this:

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/08/01/obama-dozen-scandals-counting/

And he left out the CIA hookers..... Why he hasn't been impeached I will never understand.

Have I made it clear how I feel about him? :angry:

Sorry Mis73, my mistake. But you are right about the diabolical mess this has turned out to be and it hasnt even gotten out of the shute yet. I can't image the confusion that it'll be Jan 1st.

For me...my policy is going up $8 per month, compared to 2013. Less than it has went up in any of the past 20 years percentage wise....and the deductibles are the same as they have been for the past 4 years. The coverage is the same, or actually a tad bit better, considering they are adding in "free" vision care. We are changing from Aetna to BCBS because the costs to my employer are CHEAPER.....I have had employer paid (at least a portion of it) insurance for the last 20 years.

I happen to like the idea that everyone will be mandated to have medical insurance....as WE, the taxpayers are already paying for it now, for those who don't choose to. I see people all the time who don't have medical insurance, yet they have smart phones, two or three vehicles in their driveway, cable tv, expensive clothes, the newest video gaming system, and on and on and on.

I don't pretend to know all the ACA benefits or downfalls...and I'm sure there are plenty of both. But from what I have seen, something had to change.....