Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a huge fan of the show! However, I do wonder how many people keep the weight off. What they do is so incredibly intense. I mean, 9 hours of working out a day. Who can keep up anything close to that when they home to family and jobs???? I know they showed one man who gained the weight back, can't remember his name. I do find the show totally engrossing thought. Watching their struggles and triumphs is motivating.

I took a hiatus the past few seasons but am watching this one because I love Reuben Studdard!! I actually went to high school with a past winner (Mike Ventrella) and haven't watched since then. It makes me sad when they "only" loose like 13 lbs a week and everyone is disappointed in them. Not realistic and very unhealthy both physically and emotionally!!

That's crazy he teaches a spin class at my gym... You went to my hometown hs then prob know my neighbors. Small world

I am a huge fan of the show! However' date=' I do wonder how many people keep the weight off. What they do is so incredibly intense. I mean, 9 hours of working out a day. Who can keep up anything close to that when they home to family and jobs???? I know they showed one man who gained the weight back, can't remember his name. I do find the show totally engrossing thought. Watching their struggles and triumphs is motivating.[/quote']

Not many, mike ventrella a past winner put most of it back on... Recently saw him at costco

Sorry, but I'm not a fan...I think it's sets up a very unrealistic expectation for the "real" world of weight loss. How many people can put their entire life on hold while they go to a camp and workout nine hours a day?

Also, someone mentioned that they don't show the long term success of their visitors. Hmmm, wonder why? I'd rather lose slowly and in a way that I can sustain the weight loss than lose 38 pounds in a week.

Just my ever so humble personal opinion...

I like watching this show but I constantly remind myself that these people are only eat, sleeping and working out. No jobs, family or problems. Just focusing on the weight. I often times wonder how many actually keep it off and are they doing anything to actually address the reason they put on all that weight to begin with.

I do tend to get a little tired of "I am fat because my parents didn't want me" or "I am fat because of this or fat because of that" I really hate it when people can't OWN their ****.

My preference is to watch Chris Powell's Extreme Makeover Weight loss edition over the Biggest Loser but I do watch both. At least Chris seems to focus purely on the individual and not so much the numbers. Chris is also very active with his fans and reaches out on Twitter and Facebook. He actually comes off as caring for the person he is working with as oppose to being a slave driver who just screams and yells.

I've been watching faithfully the last 3 seasons and I watched a few here and there years ago.

There are two celebrities the weight lifter girl and Ruben. So I'm not sure' date=' lol.

As far as their weight loss I'm sure that they are being monitored like crazy with the on site doctor and all 3 of the trainers are highly talented and know what they're doing.

I saw an interview with a past contestant that said they worked out for like 9 hours a day. That's insane and explains the 38lbs.... And the first week is a lot of Water weight too I'm sure, Lol.[/quote']

I read too that it is often 10+ days inbetween weigh ins. But Still! Between Water and 8 hr work outs and no salt. Those are great numbers. I enjoy the show and how people's head change when they get in the groove. It looks hard ????

I am a huge fan of the show! However' date=' I do wonder how many people keep the weight off. What they do is so incredibly intense. I mean, 9 hours of working out a day. Who can keep up anything close to that when they home to family and jobs???? I know they showed one man who gained the weight back, can't remember his name. I do find the show totally engrossing thought. Watching their struggles and triumphs is motivating.[/quote']

Why don't they do follow ups? I think they would do a lot if people were successful years later. Personally. We all know how hard it is to KEEP weight off. I'm sure they have difficulties also

Did I hear right that one of the contestants had lapband surgery , wonder what happen if I heard that right I hope this doesn't happen to me if so , I do like watching though and of course I a going to say I USED to EAT while watching it , now I can only drink if I am watching it cause I and my tool have curbed the eating part for the better and healthier way instead of other sugary filled or startched foods, I am happy with my tool and have lost also walking so it was for the better all the way (around) lol