Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i do very good during the day with my diet but sometimes like last night i cannot control myself. i had celery and Peanut Butter and popcorn. it was this way before surgery too. my brain takes over and its like i am sleep walking. does anyone else have this problem and if so how do you deal with it? i even went out and bought kale chips and vegetable chips but abused them too!

I have a tough time at the end of the day too. I recently have tried having a greek yogurt with Fiber one Cereal as an evening snack rather than the 1/4c nuts I was having. Seems to help a bit. When worse comes to worse I just go to bed early. Even if I just watch TV in my room, it seems to help. Brushing my teeth is another little trick that sometimes works.

I have a hard time at night, too. I plan for one snack, and try & hold out as long as I can to have it. I have either an Atkins bar, Greek yogurt or popcorn. But there have been times when I eat two things instead of one. But I seem to do that on days where I know I have a lot of leftover calories. I guess, in my mind, I justify it. If I'm really feeling compulsive, I'll have my whatever snack, and head for the tub. A long soak in nice hot bath seems to take the charge out of it :unsure: Plus....it passes time & then I'm ready to climb into bed. Whatever diversions you can create for yourself, do it ;)

I was always a night snacker, but the band cured me of tha. Eating after dinner just doesn't agree with me anymore. If I feel hungry, I grab something to drink. It's usually that I'm thirsty and not hungry anyway. Just old habits die hard. My best advice is to keep the snacky foods out of the house. If it isn't there, you can't eat it. I know easier said than done, but the harder you try now, the easier it will get later on.

I'm not banded yet but I am no stranger to trying to control night time snacking. popcorn is one of my favorites and well and I find it satisfies that hand to mouth feeling. I can eat it one piece at a time and really stretch it out also. The trick is to make it delicious and still low calorie. The microwave popcorn is full of fat and oil. Even the 100 calorie bags just cut down the amount not really the fat. Did you know you can pop corn in your microwave using just a paper lunch bag? That's how I make it, then I spray it with 0 calorie butter spray and some butter flavored popcorn salt. I like it better than the packaged kind and less than half the calories. Hope this helps.

Thank you all i knew i wasn't alone in this dilemma,

Thank you all i knew i wasn't alone in this dilemma,

I've always said, if there wasn't life after dinner, I'd be thin! :P

Night snacking was my worst time also after working 12 hours I wanted to eat the whole house. Now when I am working I eat around six and make that my last meal of the day. By the time I get off work at 7, come home and shower its time for bed. I don't think about eating anymore after 6 p.m but if you have to snack I would say eat some lunch meat and cheese or a hard boiled egg. That way you wont be making bad choices. If you need crunchy then buy single servings of things and put the rest in the trunk of your car. You will be less likely to want to walk to your car to get them.