Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Your NSVs Here Please!

Went on a walk with my 9 year old for an hour/ had a great time - this was the sunset tonight

post-150182-0-31190900-1390874968_thumb.jpg

Wearing a pair of pants that I haven't worn in awhile, today will be the last day, they are practically falling off of me - the legs look like deflated balloons (lol). Also tried on two shirts this morning and they were just hanging off of me - so I changed again. I have bought a few new clothes, but not really enough to keep me going all week - going to have to get a few things this weekend :)

Please somebody else post on here - it looks like I'm the only one with some NSVs and it looks like I'm hogging up this thread!!! lol (jk)

Please somebody else post on here - it looks like I'm the only one with some NSVs and it looks like I'm hogging up this thread!!! lol (jk)

Hee hee...hog it up all you want! Everybody deserves bragging rights!

OK here's my most recent: Earlier this week I went to a restaurant I hadn't been to since my surgery, and I noticed how absolutely comfortable I was not only squeezing between all the tightly-pushed together tables to get to our seats, but just in general during the entire (long) meal. I remember the last time I was there (I was at my highest weight), and how I was just too big to sit comfortably...shifting on the small hard chair during the whole meal...couldn't wait to get up and out of there. And of course, when I was that large, making my way between the tables meant fellow dinners had to hang on to their wine glasses so my big old coat didn't knock them over!

I never take this for granted--this getting-smaller-body--and hope I never will. I remember how dreadful I felt moving through the world at 260+ pounds, and how much space I took up.

Congrats on all the great NSV's. Nothing new for this lady. Just freezing everyday as its cold here in Florida! 45 degrees F. Guess we all feel colder now than when we weighed 100 or more lbs higher! best wishe, Karen..aka..kll724

Edited by kll724

It's a small one but I will take it , let me start by saying I am afraid of heights , k here it goes I was at work and had to put the deli load away , well I used to always ask some one for help because I couldn't reach for one and at work they have these flimsy little steppers , well when I was heavier , there was no way I was stepping on it just to have it break on me, last night tho I stepped on the highest step and there's only 2 and held on for my dear life , well I accomplished it and now I am no longer afraid to get on the flimsy plastic stepper as I know it will hold my weight and as long as I don't look down then I will be fine.

It's a small one but I will take it , let me start by saying I am afraid of heights , k here it goes I was at work and had to put the deli load away , well I used to always ask some one for help because I couldn't reach for one and at work they have these flimsy little steppers , well when I was heavier , there was no way I was stepping on it just to have it break on me, last night tho I stepped on the highest step and there's only 2 and held on for my dear life , well I accomplished it and now I am no longer afraid to get on the flimsy plastic stepper as I know it will hold my weight and as long as I don't look down then I will be fine.

cloud 14 GF........love ya/mean it

Here is my most recent NSV. This was a ROUGH week, extreme stress and I can't even begin to type out the story. If this week had happened 9 months ago, I think I would have been in the hospital with heart failure!

So hooray for no heart attacks and being able to run around and keep up with it all!!!

Hubby and I kick ass as the dynamic duo, and I tell you no lie 9 months earlier we would probably have to peel each other off the pavement, but today we are both at work doing our thing and breathing in and out!

Maybe next week things will be a bit more "normal" dare I even say boring?!!

My NSV today: I have to wear hospital scrubs at work. The trim is colored by size. How embarrassing. Well, they go up to a 2X which is pink. And then, because apparently fat people don't want clothes that fit, they skip to brown, which is a 5x. I managed to still squeeze into a pink top, but I was wearing brown pants. Which were way too big. Today I fit into the pink 2X pants! Yay!!!

Side note: If it's ok to only provide two sizes for fat people (2x and 5x), then why don't they throw away the smalls and meduims and make them all wear larges? I have always thought this is fat discrimination!

Tried on a short black faux leather jacket yesterday. Sleeves were too long but otherwise, it fit great. Decided not to buy it, but I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror....

Great inspiring post. Been Mia for a while just living life. My NSV is my overall change in my thinking. Had a bump in the road of dating found out me wonderful well was not so much and the old me would of harped to figure out why and after a month or so gotten over it . The new me within two days is moving forward slightly bruised but not looking back. I got banded to be healthier which resulted in me being happier which resulted in me truly not settling less than I deserve . I know people say it hell I said it but settled this time no settling. Which I'm over the moon about to be living what I have been preaching lol...

On a gym note I'm doing burpees wth can't do a lot but I'm doing them and each time I do it I'm in awe that I'm doing it. Sept 2013 couldn't do it and know I'm doing several during my classes. I beam in Btwn gasping for air as I'm working out not cause I can't do the workout but because I keep pushing my limits to be a healthier person. My trainer doesn't know about the lap band but his encouragement n motivation has transformed my body as well he pushed and believed in me when I sure I couldn't do the workouts. Now I'm a gym rat lol

I was on a flight this past week, and for a decade or more I have carried a seat belt extender with me, I got one of my own since I was tired of (and embarrassed by) needing to ask for one. I tried the seat belt on this flight and it worked without an extender! It was a little snug, and I know some seat belts are shorter than others, so I am not ready to throw away my extender just yet. I am sure the lady next to me wondered why I had such a big grin as they were boarding the plane!

Being told I look 15 years younger!

Wearing a size 12 in Jeans!

Overall having a better outlook on life and being happier

Chasing & Debbie - thanks for sharing! I miss Missy too - she is a great person & I hope she is well!!!! My head still hasn't caught up to my body and I still feel like "the fat girl". I have almost 50 more pounds to go - but I'm down 54 and the other day about 5 people at work told me how good I looked and to be honest - that day I didn't even try-lol. Sometimes I try and get no response - so less is better? Lol

Chasing - you and I seem to be living the same life sometimes - because when you post things it's the same exact way I feel also!! I've read your posts and they really are mine :) so my lapband sister - you are going to make your goal because I'm gonna be here trying to meet mine!!! Lol

Debbie : I know you look great! And little kids they tell it like it is - so if your little boy tells you something it's coming from his honest little heart!

Well Jamilyne....we will have to keep up with each other and keep each other on track and motivated. I often thought the same about your posts as well when I read them...lol....Just seeing this post...I feel like I still can't find things on this new site and bump into old posts like this one....so its a week or so old but I'll respond just the same!

Yes, I AM going to make my goal as are YOU....Lol...i like that lapband sister! :D

My NSV: last week my 22yo son said to me that he can't remember what I looked like when I was heavy. :)

5 years + banded, I've been heavy longer than I have not, but he can't remember anymore. He was 17 when I got banded.

Just for fun I decided to drag out my old pants. I can fit myself and my kid in them! I've gone from a 24/26 to an 11/12. This was a fun little reminder of how far I've come.

post-144783-0-11840000-1391550991_thumb.jpg