Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Your NSVs Here Please!

it just occurred to me that while at the gym i put on socks on while standing on one leg and bringing my foot up to the Sock WTF when did that happen... Normally my gym work out was just putting on socks :D

I look down to make sure my shirt was buttoned and lo and behold - I see my boobs first (not my jiggly belly)!!!!

Am I the only one using this thread? Lol - I just jogged! I jogged for about 15 min - I haven't been able to jog in YEARS!

I have another NSV relating to clothes & sizes - yesterday I go (with my husband) to Dress Barn. I was looking for skinny jeans (my 1st pair-lol). They have a plus side & a "regular" side. So I go over to the plus side and grab a 16 and I told the little girl working in there - I swear if these fit me I'm going to be balled up crying on the floor. I told her that I had wls recently and I've been losing weight & I don't know my size. Well They fit! And I come out of the dressing room and the little girl was like I think you can fit in the size 16 on the other side. So she goes over to the other side & sure enough all of the ones she picked out fit!

My husband was saying "see you don't have to be on the "other side" anymore (meaning the PLUS size). So I got a pair of skinny jeans in a regular 16!!! I used to wear a 22W - 3 months ago! I got so emotional.

Recently the office manager was talking to me about my body changing. I told her that I was still overweight and that I needed to lose more weight. She said "you aren't seeing yourself like everyone else sees you, you honestly look like you've lost half of what you were." Well - right now I still see myself as being that overweight person because I was her for so long. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I'm happy and this is what I want more than anything, but I think that my mind is my old size and my body has changed but my mind doesn't know it yet? I can't be the only one that feels this way. Sorry - ranting...

Love, love , love the last paragraph. I've had people tell me Im "fading away" and dont need to lose anymore...ummmm I'm only half way to my goal with about 70 more to lose (not sure I will ever see 140 but I can reach for it). I dont see that when i look in the mirror....THAT'S FOR SURE!!!

I still havent gone shopping (which I hate to do)...although my 16 pants are hanging on me as are my shirts. I've been shopping in my closet but that is getting scarce now....I dont think i've worn jeans since high school...not sure I will even know how to shop for myself...lol...kind of sad but true!!! I will have to enlist my sister for help!!

Maybe I will have a new love for shopping and I can cross over to the "other side" too....thanks for sharing such a great and inspiring story!!!

Ok I had to catch up on these nsv's before I could post mine it's been a while but I thought I would take a pic of just my face to see if it was any smaller, ok get ready to laugh I did when I looked at it and my son said hey you don't have a double chin anymore I laughed and said what y ripple chins are gone , then I looked in the mirror and noticed there is a bit of a waddle happening like a turkey's waddle but no more double or triple chin and yes I am seeing the lines fro losing the weight on my neck , I didn't even relize it till my son brought it up , and my Mother , Brother and I we're talking and my brother blurts out what are we having for dinner since Debbie doesn't eat , and I had to say I eat I just don't eat a lot like I used to lol, so I guess these would be considered nsv's .

Chasing & Debbie - thanks for sharing! I miss Missy too - she is a great person & I hope she is well!!!! My head still hasn't caught up to my body and I still feel like "the fat girl". I have almost 50 more pounds to go - but I'm down 54 and the other day about 5 people at work told me how good I looked and to be honest - that day I didn't even try-lol. Sometimes I try and get no response - so less is better? Lol

Chasing - you and I seem to be living the same life sometimes - because when you post things it's the same exact way I feel also!! I've read your posts and they really are mine :) so my lapband sister - you are going to make your goal because I'm gonna be here trying to meet mine!!! Lol

Debbie : I know you look great! And little kids they tell it like it is - so if your little boy tells you something it's coming from his honest little heart!

It's been a while since I shared my nsvs (last year). Reading what many of you are now able to accomplish is amazing. I'm so happy for all of you. My latest nsv was shopping just before the new year to buy some tops for work. I was in a large which were gimungus on me. So naturally I went straight for a medium. My mind kept telling me ya better try it on before you buy it. I'm so glad I did because low and behold the medium was too big also. Guys, I purchased a small in tops. They were on sale half of what they actually cost so I bought several of them in different colors. I of course cried like a baby in the dressing room because I don't recall wearing a small um ever!!!! Well maybe when I was little but again, I don't remember.

Doing a sprint triathlon in September. That's 1/2 mile swim, 16 mile bike ride, and a 5k run (3.2 miles) . And I wore a triathalon suit- one piece tight and a regular size large!!!

OMG just changed from fat free milk to 2% actually looking to increase calories to stay at this weight.

1. post-139624-0-10988700-1390636013_thumb.jpg post-139624-0-10988700-1390636013_thumb.jpgok I had posted about my triple and double chins of what my kid said , so here goes a face shot.

post-139624-0-60387200-1390636428_thumb.jpgAlso here is me goi :) ng down in weight 17 months post op, the pic is crooked but you can see my saddlebags , not sure if you can see my bat wings, wich is good lol guess I can't hide everything .post-139624-0-60387200-1390636428_thumb.jpg

Ok here is another one MY son asked today lmao still , I had shorts on and was going for my walk , he asked hey Mom I said what, he said where did all the fat on your legs go they don't look fat or jiggle any more.

My old dress socks are too big now and I have to keep pulling them up. My co workers are just laughing at me. Looks like I have to get me so new dress socks. In other words I get to go shopping!!!! :D