Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Your NSVs Here Please!

I bought size 16 pants!! I thought I was pushing it - they fit perfectly. Went from a 22 to a 16 in 3 months (almost 40 pounds)! I could have never done this on my own.

I've got two NSV. I could zip up my winter coat this year, last it didn't fit and my stomach doesn't touch the steering wheel in the car anymore more! Down 21 lbs

Just a quick NSV from a few years ago, before lapband, I sat in the same position as my hubby, way back with tummy rubbed by steering wheel. Now, I sit almost as close as possible where my skinny d-i-l sits or my short daughter sits. It is great!!

attachicon.gifgrammy _oe and richards 022.JPG attachicon.gifgrammy _oe and richards 022.JPGMy kids wanted pictures of us this Christmas.. probably been at least 25 years since I had any pictures done of me.. but we did it and I am so pleased that I look "normal"... gotta go today and get frames for them... Another NSV cause without my band I would not have had pictures taken...

sharpie, nice pictures, congrats and Merry Christmas!

attachicon.gifgrammy _oe and richards 022.JPG attachicon.gifgrammy _oe and richards 022.JPGMy kids wanted pictures of us this Christmas.. probably been at least 25 years since I had any pictures done of me.. but we did it and I am so pleased that I look "normal"... gotta go today and get frames for them... Another NSV cause without my band I would not have had pictures taken...

sharpie, nice pictures, congrats and Merry Christmas!

Thanks Hope you have a wonderful Christmas..Had to go to 3 places to print photo's.. finally went to Walmart and got them done.. they are framed and wrapped.. those kids should be happy...lol

Several recent NSV's popped into my mind!

1. My Mom witnessing and commenting on younger men checking me out!

2. There is now room in my chair for the little doggie to lay next me!! She loves that and so do I!!

3. But mostly, just being able to do anything I want now! Including keeping up with my 4 year old nephew.

4. Lastly, but certainly not least. I love working out because of the workout clothes! LOL!!

These are so inspiring -- I just called a friend to go for a walk as apparently I wasn't going to get it done on my own. Plows have come through and it's a sunny day so the world is sparkling. Initiating exercise can be hard for me to do -- I have a mental battle. But reading these NSVs, I'm doing it! Seize the day. And I think new workout clothes are a fabulous idea. Maybe when I hit my 33 pounds off mark. That's the weight of a cinder block I won't be carrying around anymore.

You know, sometimes you don't realize you've experienced a NSV right away but then it dawns on you....

Just a few minutes ago, I was on my work laptop just to check my messages because I took yesterday off as a personal day. So, I'm sitting on the couch and reading/writing emails when it occurs to me that my laptop actually fits on my lap. It's sitting perfectly level on my lap...and not up on my belly as it used to. Hallelujah....another drop in the 'I'm normal' bucket. :D

I'm amazed at the number of us who use the word "normal" In this journey . Says a lot about not wanting a lot. Just to fit in (sometimes literally) when we want to Not feel judged about size issues❤

Yes, you are right. There's a stigma with being overweight. One of the things that pushed me over the edge and made me decide to do this - was during the summer my husband worked out of state and me & the kids went to visit and he introduced me to a guy that he was working with - I was so embarrassed. I felt I looked terrible. My husband never said a word about me being overweight. So - this story does have an NSV - since I have lost almost 40 pounds he comments on me every single day about how good I look!

Size 18 old navy jeans getting big :) fitting Into size 16 Calvin Klein jeans I vowed to get back in :) n they are comfortable !!!! Breaking my ties with lane Bryant woo hoo ..... Regular size clothing stores here I come how nice to shop in the same store as my bestie it's the little things that aren't so little.... Now if I can see what the pictures tell me in my mind ... See it in the mirror but still grabbing bigger sizes ... I know each day It will become more natural I have been overweight since 5 years old .... So I have 33 years of this image ... Merry Christmas

Awe you look so pretty (before & after). You can tell that you've lost weight!

When I started this journey in June at 297 I dreamt if getting into this gap jeans size 16 they are about 6 years old I had dropped a lot of weight a friend bought them for me I got to wear them 2x n they never fit again that was a life time ago. I vowed I would get back I to them. And tonight at Christmas Eve. dinner I'll be wearing them woot woot