Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Your NSVs Here Please!

Just gave away some clothes! So nice to get rid of clothes that are too big ... Instead of small!!!! I feel it's a big accomplishment and I'm getting into an 18! Gave away sizes 22 & 20s - I was that size for YEARS!!! Yay !!!!

OK here we go! I've been dying to lay these all out *deep breath*

-BOOTS - I bought my first pair of boots (followed by 4 more) that zipped all the way up and had extra room

-AIRPLANE RIDES - Flew to Cali in August and was so nervous about getting in my seat and the seat belt needing an extender because I always have. I sat down..I had SPACE and I buckled and had to TIGHTEN the seat belt...I sat there and just cried..It was a HUGE moment!

-Concert Seats - Ive been to many concerts and in the past the day after I have bruises and indentions on my legs from the handles and I was literally stuck in them,.Well Ive been to several concerts this year..but the last one I went to I sat down and had PLENTY of room..Again..Cried

-WALKING - December 2012 I couldnt walk 30 ft without being out of breath and or my knee being in so much pain I couldnt stand it. November 1-3 I participated in the Susan G Komen 3 Day walk in Dallas..In this walk we walked 20 miles a day for 3 days (60 miles). I walked 45 of those miles and my knee never once bothered me. I pulled my calve muscles..but my knee was fine and I finished with my team which was my goal all long..but from not even 30 ft to 45 miles - Amazing

-Getting a new office chair that didnt have to be oversized and I didnt have to worry about the 350 lb weight limit because I am under that

- wearing "cute" clothes and feeling cute in them

Ps. Someone commented it is thanksgiving DAY. Not week. Haha. All the cooking and shopping. We are all thankful. It will come and go and we will still be on our journey❤

Did not eat like a pig this Thanksgiving! First one in my entire life! Yesterday ate a total of 988 calories on Thanksgiving!

NSV looking at pictures taken at thanksgiving 2013 and can't believe that's me I look so not huge !!! I keep staring at the pic looking for the rest of me it's crazy. I didn't notice "all" that I was once and yet I notice it gone. Another huge bag of clothes to give away :) heading Into 12/14 shirts and 16 pants although my pant size is all over I guess depending on cut I

Currently wearing 16-20's in pants I don't get it he range but of they fit nice I don't care about the size.

Enjoying the compliments yet the baffle me at times. Emotions all over but eye in the prize a skinnier healthier me :)

I had a funny NSV over the holiday.

I was with my brother and nephew when my nephew's mom (my brother's ex) came to pick my nephew up. She was totally skunk eyeing me something wicked. She wouldn't even respond to my attempts at small talk. I was thinking "wow, she hates me!". Still, I just tried to ignore her and loved on my nephew.

When it was time for them to leave, my brother walked them out. When he came back, he was laughing. Apparently, she had no idea who I was and assumed I was my brother's new girlfriend! LMAO! She asked him who I was (curse words included) and he laughed "ummm, you mean my sister?" He said her jaw literally dropped and she goes "no way! but she's so little now! It doesn't look like her at all!" My brother told her I'd lost over 200 pounds so it's no wonder she didn't recognize me. I guess she then felt bad for being such a b#tch to me.

I laughed so hard!!

Candace83" data-cid="3257674" data-time="1385493734">

OK here we go! I've been dying to lay these all out *deep breath*

-BOOTS - I bought my first pair of boots (followed by 4 more) that zipped all the way up and had extra room

-AIRPLANE RIDES - Flew to Cali in August and was so nervous about getting in my seat and the seat belt needing an extender because I always have. I sat down..I had SPACE and I buckled and had to TIGHTEN the seat belt...I sat there and just cried..It was a HUGE moment!

-Concert Seats - Ive been to many concerts and in the past the day after I have bruises and indentions on my legs from the handles and I was literally stuck in them,.Well Ive been to several concerts this year..but the last one I went to I sat down and had PLENTY of room..Again..Cried

-WALKING - December 2012 I couldnt walk 30 ft without being out of breath and or my knee being in so much pain I couldnt stand it. November 1-3 I participated in the Susan G Komen 3 Day walk in Dallas..In this walk we walked 20 miles a day for 3 days (60 miles). I walked 45 of those miles and my knee never once bothered me. I pulled my calve muscles..but my knee was fine and I finished with my team which was my goal all long..but from not even 30 ft to 45 miles - Amazing

-Getting a new office chair that didnt have to be oversized and I didnt have to worry about the 350 lb weight limit because I am under that

- wearing "cute" clothes and feeling cute in them

Candace, what a great post -- the thought of being able to do 45 miles! We are more amazing than we know. You are very inspiring! Enjoy your new boots, new chair, new life!

Don't quite know how to explain this is as a NSV but I hug people. A lot and often and even ones that I'm merely an acquaintance with.

That's a great NSV Tara! It means you are engaging with people instead of retreating and that's a wonderful thing.

@Missy would have loved to see her face! #priceless ok my Thanksgiving NSV was being able to complete my first 5K turkey trot!! I may not have had the best time but I jogged it and I finished it!! Go Me!!

post-142306-0-22727300-1385944630_thumb.jpg

I had a funny NSV over the holiday.

I was with my brother and nephew when my nephew's mom (my brother's ex) came to pick my nephew up. She was totally skunk eyeing me something wicked. She wouldn't even respond to my attempts at small talk. I was thinking "wow, she hates me!". Still, I just tried to ignore her and loved on my nephew.

When it was time for them to leave, my brother walked them out. When he came back, he was laughing. Apparently, she had no idea who I was and assumed I was my brother's new girlfriend! LMAO! She asked him who I was (curse words included) and he laughed "ummm, you mean my sister?" He said her jaw literally dropped and she goes "no way! but she's so little now! It doesn't look like her at all!" My brother told her I'd lost over 200 pounds so it's no wonder she didn't recognize me. I guess she then felt bad for being such a b#tch to me.

I laughed so hard!!

Lol too funny. I love it!!!! Congrats to you and keep up the great work.