Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share Your NSVs Here Please!

Yes, you are right. There's a stigma with being overweight. One of the things that pushed me over the edge and made me decide to do this - was during the summer my husband worked out of state and me & the kids went to visit and he introduced me to a guy that he was working with - I was so embarrassed. I felt I looked terrible. My husband never said a word about me being overweight. So - this story does have an NSV - since I have lost almost 40 pounds he comments on me every single day about how good I look!

Hi Jamilyne I understand you, same is happening to me , my husband never said nothing to me but now he tell me every day how nice I look , merry christmas :)

When I started this journey in June at 297 I dreamt if getting into this gap jeans size 16 they are about 6 years old I had dropped a lot of weight a friend bought them for me I got to wear them 2x n they never fit again that was a life time ago. I vowed I would get back I to them. And tonight at Christmas Eve. dinner I'll be wearing them woot woot

well congrats to you! And Merry Christmas!

Getting giftcards to a running store as a Christmas present.....instead of Applebees, Red Lobster, Cookies, etc.

I went clothes shopping with my girlfriend yesterday and fit into size 12 slacks...and several small and medium tops. I haven't fit into sizes this small in like 20 years.

I went clothes shopping with my girlfriend yesterday and fit into size 12 slacks...and several small and medium tops. I haven't fit into sizes this small in like 20 years.

Way to go go walking !!!!!

Seeing my son in law for the first time in a year... He was onboard Ship for this past year in the Persian Gulf or somewhere over there... He was so surprised and told me several times how great I looked.. He is a triathlete, he runs all the time and for a 45 year old guy he's in great shape... He is also a Command Master Chief in the Navy.. We are very proud of him and him feeling proud of me is a big NSV.. He never said anything about my weight before but said he was worried about my health...

Hope everyone has a great New Year and I am looking forward to a year of health and happiness..

My mind has wondered to all my NSVs of 2013 all day!! I had surgery April 5th and my greatest NSV was finally making the decision to have the surgery!! Overcoming that fear, financial worry and other people's opinions was by far the greatest non scale victory! That NSV has led to countless NSVs over the following months. I spent the summer at the pool with my kids in a bathing suit, I went back and rode a roller coaster I was kicked off of because I didn't fit, I am able to wear my wedding ring again, a bath towel wraps around me, I can tie my shoes with no problem, I started my exercise regime with walking and now I can sprint at 11 mph on the treadmill, my daughter shows me her muscles and says "look I have muscles like you", I can dry my jeans in the dryer, I can shop in the regular section (down to a 13/14 from a 24/26), I look forward to getting up every day and I'm not ashamed to see myself in the mirror, I don't avoid going grocery shopping and wait until after midnight when the store is free of people, I am active with my children. I can keep going for days! My NSVs have changed my life in ways most people can't comprehend. I work very hard and use my band as a tool to keep me from binging. I have never had a fill. I workout 4-6 days a week now and I loosely follow Chris Powell's carb cycling plan. The band isn't losing the weight for me, it sure helps but I take credit for every drop of sweat I have left in my gym since I joined at the end of May! Lol 103 pounds gone and never going back! 19 pounds left to lose!

Edited by Bama53

Congrats!

I have another NSV relating to clothes & sizes - yesterday I go (with my husband) to Dress Barn. I was looking for skinny jeans (my 1st pair-lol). They have a plus side & a "regular" side. So I go over to the plus side and grab a 16 and I told the little girl working in there - I swear if these fit me I'm going to be balled up crying on the floor. I told her that I had wls recently and I've been losing weight & I don't know my size. Well They fit! And I come out of the dressing room and the little girl was like I think you can fit in the size 16 on the other side. So she goes over to the other side & sure enough all of the ones she picked out fit!

My husband was saying "see you don't have to be on the "other side" anymore (meaning the PLUS size). So I got a pair of skinny jeans in a regular 16!!! I used to wear a 22W - 3 months ago! I got so emotional.

Recently the office manager was talking to me about my body changing. I told her that I was still overweight and that I needed to lose more weight. She said "you aren't seeing yourself like everyone else sees you, you honestly look like you've lost half of what you were." Well - right now I still see myself as being that overweight person because I was her for so long. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I'm happy and this is what I want more than anything, but I think that my mind is my old size and my body has changed but my mind doesn't know it yet? I can't be the only one that feels this way. Sorry - ranting...

I have another NSV relating to clothes & sizes - yesterday I go (with my husband) to Dress Barn. I was looking for skinny jeans (my 1st pair-lol). They have a plus side & a "regular" side. So I go over to the plus side and grab a 16 and I told the little girl working in there - I swear if these fit me I'm going to be balled up crying on the floor. I told her that I had wls recently and I've been losing weight & I don't know my size. Well They fit! And I come out of the dressing room and the little girl was like I think you can fit in the size 16 on the other side. So she goes over to the other side & sure enough all of the ones she picked out fit! My husband was saying "see you don't have to be on the "other side" anymore (meaning the PLUS size). So I got a pair of skinny jeans in a regular 16!!! I used to wear a 22W - 3 months ago! I got so emotional. Recently the office manager was talking to me about my body changing. I told her that I was still overweight and that I needed to lose more weight. She said "you aren't seeing yourself like everyone else sees you, you honestly look like you've lost half of what you were." Well - right now I still see myself as being that overweight person because I was her for so long. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I'm happy and this is what I want more than anything, but I think that my mind is my old size and my body has changed but my mind doesn't know it yet? I can't be the only one that feels this way. Sorry - ranting...

Reading this brought tears to my eyes I feel ur emotions I feel exactly like u . I

To started at a 22/24 n nye wore reg size 16 skinny jeans I can't wrap my head around it. I don't kno what size I am xl shirts are getting to big yet when I go to buy clothes I aways grab bigger sizes.

The most amazing feeling was nye wearing 4 inch heels walking and dancing and my feet did not hurt. In the past 2 hrs in those shoes I round be Ib pain and suffer for days after. Nope wore them from 6pm until 230 am not a problem.

Don't know what was more exciting the size 16 jeans kickass shoes not hurting an amazing nye with a wonderful man. The new me inside and out meeting all of you ... I can go on and on I see them all interrelated and none can stand alone all thanks to my courage to get banded.

New year new us more new and exciting NSV woo hoo go us

That is so great!! I'm so very happy for you - I bet you rocked those skinny jeans & heels on nye!!!

Yesterday I was at the gym. I normally lift weights and do machine cardio, once a week I take a class called RIPPED. I like cardio machines because I can blend in with everyone else. I decided to needed to change things up. I grabbed a medicine ball, jump rope and a mat and went into the main gym and made up a circuit; 50 jump ropes, 25 crunches, 10 medicine ball squats and a 30 second plank hold. I didn't allow myself rest in between stations and completed the circuit 5 times. While I was proud of this step out of my comfort zone, I am most proud of my 11 year old son. He is overweight by about 10-15 pounds and he jumped right in a did the circuit with me, start to finish. Seeing his little sweaty face pushing along with me reminded me why I fight so hard and why I deserve the results I am achieving!