Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

boycotting CVS....

Can you please point me to legitimate studies that support your claim?

Here's the numbers: http://www.forbes.com/2008/05/25/health-hospitals-care-forbeslife-cx_avd_outsourcing08_0529healthoutsourcing.html

"a new report points out that the largest segment of medical travelers are headed stateside. And, experts say, they’re also growing in numbers.

An estimated 40% of all medical travelers are looking for the world’s most advanced technologies, worrying little about the proximity of the destination or cost, according to consulting firm McKinsey & Co. It narrowly defined medical travelers as only those whose primary and explicit purpose in traveling was to obtain in-patient medical treatment in a foreign country, putting the total number of travelers at 60,000 to 85,000 per year.

Most of those patients in search of the best care, including 38% from Latin America, 35% from the Middle East, 16% from Europe and 7% from Canada, are heading to the United States. Additionally, it’s estimated that 32% of all medical travelers simply want better care than is available in their home countries, mostly those in the developing world, and 15% want quicker access to medically necessary procedures. That’s compared to only 9% of medical travelers seeking medically necessary procedures at lower prices and 4% seeking low-cost discretionary procedures."

The US is not trying to have universal care because it does not work. They are providing plans for people who do not have insurance based on their income. Yes people who have universal health care do come to the US for treatment because if you need a knee replacement in Canada it is not considered a necessity so they are put on a waiting list. Then they come here, get it done and go back home leaving the bills for tax payers and I don't need any statistics to prove that to me because I see it every day in all the hospitals I have worked in Florida. Many people from many countries that have so called universal healthcare do not get what they need and they do come here to get it then leave their big bills for us to pay Why? Because they are not insured here and go to the ER and get admitted. The affordable Care Act is for those who do not have insurance through work and need it.

The US is not trying to have universal care because it does not work. They are providing plans for people who do not have insurance based on their income. Yes people who have universal health care do come to the US for treatment because if you need a knee replacement in Canada it is not considered a necessity so they are put on a waiting list. Then they come here, get it done and go back home leaving the bills for tax payers and I don't need any statistics to prove that to me because I see it every day in all the hospitals I have worked in Florida. Many people from many countries that have so called universal healthcare do not get what they need and they do come here to get it then leave their big bills for us to pay Why? Because they are not insured here and go to the ER and get admitted. The affordable Care Act is for those who do not have insurance through work and need it.

And yet if you make under the poverty line and up to 138% of the poverty line but don't qualify for Medicaid, you can't get the tax credit towards insurance either. That means around 7 million Americans still won't be able to afford healthcare.

So much for Obamacare being there for those who need it most.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/health/obamacare-medicaid-gap-gupta/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

i have read this and most of it doesnt make sense to me

so i cant comment on one issue or the other

now talk unc basketball and its on..

but in my opinion, the people that need assistance, have to do without because of costs..

no matter whom the pres is or isnt.

There will always be some population of people who will not be able to afford health insurance. Does it make it right? No. I think the biggest issues they need to solve right now is paying fallen soldiers families money they deserve to get and get their asses back to work and find some way to clear up this mess. Not one of them Republican or Democrat deserve any of our votes again. That is the only way we will surely make sure that we are not happy with them loud and clear. There is always going to be some BS that any president does that most will not like but to keep families from having money who have lost their son in war is a disgrace if I ever saw one.

Here is just one sample of citizens being happier with their national health care:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/8056/healthcare-system-ratings-us-great-britain-canada.aspx

AARP is holding a webinar on how the ACA and Medicare will work on Oct. 16 that anyone can sit in on, I believe. All of you who have decided you hate the ACA might do well to sit in and see if what you have heard about it is really true. http://aarp.cvent.com/events/aarp-wa-webinar-the-health-care-law-what-it-means-for-people-with-medicare-wa-10-16-13/event-summary-290cbac9084742089395939ac3bb3777.aspx

Here is just one sample of citizens being happier with their national health care:

http://www.gallup.co...ain-canada.aspx

AARP is holding a webinar on how the ACA and Medicare will work on Oct. 16 that anyone can sit in on, I believe. All of you who have decided you hate the ACA might do well to sit in and see if what you have heard about it is really true. http://aarp.cvent.co...9ac3bb3777.aspx

With all due respect, the last thing I need is a biased webinar. I've read the actual bill. It took me a couple months but I read all 1000+ pages of it. I doubt the people holding the webinar can say the same.

I am completely aware what it's really about, what's true, and what's not true. Because I've read the actual bill, I'm pretty confident in my opinion that it's complete crap. It may have been started with the best of intentions but fails miserably in execution.

Well, blame the GOP for that. The progressives in this country wanted far more and far better.

Well' date=' blame the GOP for that. The progressives in this country wanted far more and far better.[/quote']

Again, not true. In fact Obama himself said as much on multiple interviews. The only parts he was against were the parts allowing for exclusions, including at the state Medicaid level. The treatment based on statistics, grandfather clauses, cuts to Medicare, and even the limited tax incentives were all his brainchild.

WellWellw :lol: Well let's just get it straight. Obamacare was Romneycare and passed by the congress with more republican votes when it was **** Mitt Romneys idea. For those who think that people should not have insurance then something is wrong. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people being able to purchase health insurance because frankly I am tired of my home taxes going to local hospitals to pay for these damn people who need their drugs and take up valuable beds in the ER and never pay their bill. Say what you want but if you didn't have health insurance you would be glad to have it. Most people do not research they only talk from blogs they have read. Go to the government website and see what it offers. I am sure if your children or parents had no insurance you would be glad they could get it.

Cheryl, I have never liked a post you have made more than this one. Thank you for speaking up, for the millions of people in this country who are dying for lack of health care.

I find it extremely sad that so many people have opted to hate something they have not really bothered to research simply because they hate the current president. (as evidenced by renaming the ACA "Obamacare" and throwing it around derisively, as though it were a plate of feces)

:D

Again, not true. In fact Obama himself said as much on multiple interviews. The only parts he was against were the parts allowing for exclusions, including at the state Medicaid level. The treatment based on statistics, grandfather clauses, cuts to Medicare, and even the limited tax incentives were all his brainchild.

I did say Progressives...Obama has never counted himself among the Progressives, he has always been a conservative Democrat and his voting history bore that out long before he was elected President.

Well it really does not matter who does not like it, the fact is the law was passed by the supreme court and congress and all the arguing in the world is not going to stop it. I have no issue with people needing insurance. I wont blame my premium increases on the affordable care act because they have gone up every year before this ever happened. As long as I/you have health insurance then I/you do not have anything to complain about. This argument can go on forever but the fact is the Affordable Healthcare Act is in full force so like it or not it is not stopping it.

everyone can buy their insurance now.. before Obama care... my insurance premium through my work is going up alot next year and so are my deductibles and Co pays.. basically we are all now going to pay for everyones insurance who can't afford it. they will get breaks on their premiums. maybe all of the people who think this is so great should actually sit down and figure out how much their rates and Co pays will go up. I figured my sons for 5 months.. and I will pay about 2000 more next year.

and... alot of us have researched it.. including myself and Missy said she read it. we are all not babbling out BS.. we have done the research. my premiums have not gone up each year.. this us the first time in 3 years, but the Co pays and deductibles are now sky high...