Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in Nov?

Just had my first aftercare appointment and didn't need an adjustment, yet. She said that is normal with people who had a hiatal hernia repair. I'll probably need one by next month. Otherwise, I am down 21 pounds and doing well and can now transition to solid foods. Yay!

Congratulations!!! 21 pounds in less then a month, that's awesome!

Just had my first aftercare appointment and didn't need an adjustment, yet. She said that is normal with people who had a hiatal hernia repair. I'll probably need one by next month. Otherwise, I am down 21 pounds and doing well and can now transition to solid foods. Yay!

Congratulations!!! 21 pounds in less then a month, that's awesome!

Thank you. <3 I'm feeling pretty okay about it. :D And pretty excited for some "real food" for dinner, tonight. Oooh, yeah! B)

I recently got approved and surgery is scheduled on November 4th in Chicago! I'd love to talk to and meet others who are getting or have been recently banded. I'm 23 and living in the Chicagoland area. I'd really love to talk to all of you and track our progress together!

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=33.870848,-118.333397&zoom=14&markers=33.870848,-118.333397&size=400x300&sensor=true

Hello!! So how did the surgery go? Mine is scheduled tomorrow!!!

First "real" bandster din-din. Three ounces of diced tender chicken, 1/4 cup sweet potato and 1/3 cup cut green Beans. Didn't have enough room for the green Beans. And they were a bit too "fibery", too. The chicken was sooo yummy, tho. I am so happy to leave behind mushies, at last. :D

post-148231-0-50019600-1387508329_thumb.png

[ATTACH]38858[/ATTACH]

First "real" bandster din-din. Three ounces of diced tender chicken, 1/4 cup sweet potato and 1/3 cup cut green Beans. Didn't have enough room for the green Beans. And they were a bit too "fibery", too. The chicken was sooo yummy, tho. I am so happy to leave behind mushies, at last. :D

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]38858[/ATTACH]

You are doing so good. I came home a week ago was told I could go on mushies and had lost

28.4 pds, and blew it all to hell. Why I do that I do not know. I eat something way bad. I can't seem to stop at 1/2 cup a meal. I am working on it and I will win.

You are doing so good. I came home a week ago was told I could go on mushies and had lost

28.4 pds, and blew it all to hell. Why I do that I do not know. I eat something way bad. I can't seem to stop at 1/2 cup a meal. I am working on it and I will win.

I just remind myself of the rules and the consequences if I don't follow them. It is nice, after three weeks of mushies to finally be on real food, again. LOL

You can do this. Remember, you didn't get your band to continue in your old patterns. You got it to help you establish healthy new ones. Believe me, I grok that old, bad way of thinking and doing. That is why I am sitting here with a band on my gut. And why I am hide bound determined to be a highly compliant, successful bandster. I have to get this right.

Yes, here's to getting it right! I am feeling good at six weeks out. Have had two fills -- remaining very satisfied on small portion (seems to be about 3/4 cup of food) and not hungry again for 3-4 hours. Shooting for 4-5 hours. Surgeon seems pretty aggressive. I skipped this week because I don't think I need a fill but I am scheduled for Monday to assess again. They feel that very few people get into the green zone before 4-5 fills but we are all different and I was not hungry coming out of the gate. Icy One, thanks for info about hiatal hernia. I also had that repair and maybe that accounts for the lack of hunger initially. Hope it never wears off! I am doing pretty well with the ridiculous amount of socializing we are doing. A lot of dinner parties, holiday get-togethers, etc. Amazing cheese selection in fridge does not seem to be torturing me as it would have in previous years -- and I am fine with the sugary stuff. So far, so good -- cravings are for salmon, chicken, etc. Good luck every one.

I didn't know that about the hernia repair until it was explained to me but it makes sense... The additional inflammation and swelling kind of acts as a "fill" for a longer time, keeping some of us in "green" longer than some others. It's weird, but it is working for me, right now so I am sure as h*ll not going to argue with it! :D

I need to go hang out on the food and cooking (cooking... *shudder*) board and get ideas. I need simple, yummy, healthy options that work for someone who can't cook and are budget friendly, too. I think it is time to buy a new slow cooker... Even I can dump stuff into a slow cooker... Maybe I can make stuff I can eat and that hubs and the son unit will like, too. :rolleyes: Isn't there a Crock Pot thread over there?

Hello November Bandsters I need a little guidance. I am scheduled for surgery Jan 6 woo hoo! And am getting a little nervous. Yesterday I went to GNC and bought the Isopure zero carb that has 40 grams of Protein, Would this suffice for the clear liquid diet for days 1-7 post op? Can you all tell me specifically what you drank that week during the course of the day so I am not confused. This may sound like a silly question but this is what worries me more than having the surgery! I can sip on crystal light, Water, and this Protein Drink correct? Will that carry me through for the week or should I be sipping on something hot too? Also week 2 when I am to switch to full liquid I understand I can have adtkins shakes or slim fast, muscle milk, etc but what else did you have? Any and all advice and as much detail would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello November Bandsters I need a little guidance. I am scheduled for surgery Jan 6 woo hoo! And am getting a little nervous. Yesterday I went to GNC and bought the Isopure zero carb that has 40 grams of Protein, Would this suffice for the clear liquid diet for days 1-7 post op? Can you all tell me specifically what you drank that week during the course of the day so I am not confused. This may sound like a silly question but this is what worries me more than having the surgery! I can sip on crystal light, Water, and this Protein drink correct? Will that carry me through for the week or should I be sipping on something hot too? Also week 2 when I am to switch to full liquid I understand I can have adtkins shakes or slim fast, muscle milk, etc but what else did you have? Any and all advice and as much detail would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi lasal

Sorry but I was on clear just 2 days and after on full liquids, , I was allowed jelly sugar free the same day of surgery and Soups , the first days I did a lot of popsicle sugar free and Water also just a few oz of Protein shake unjury I like that brand I did not got hungry after a week or two, if you can order Unjury online is better than slim fast or other shakes fat free and taste good , vanilla is my favorite I mixed with fruit and taste great, keep you satisfied longer, walking and sip, sip are the key good luck on your journey happy new year!!

Hello November 2013 Bandsters!!! I can't believe it's almost a year since I made the decision to get banded. My exact bandanniversary will be the 18th of this month. I'm so happy of the decision I made a year ago, I feel much better and I look much better too!!

I had my ups and downs, stalls in between but a lot was self induced, I enjoyed my summer and then it was hard to get back on track, specially when you and others can see the changes, therefore you can start thinking that you look good enough. But I know I have a way to go, 35 pounds to be exact. I don't know when I will get there but I know it will take place. In the mean time I want to commit to small goals, which includes to stay consistent when it comes to excercise and I would love to be at least 179.9 on the 18th . So let's see what happen!

I would love to hear from the rest of you, how are you guys doing after the surgery.

I am getting banded on Monday 11/10. Right now I am surviving on Atkins Protein shakes, strawberry is my favorite. I am little nervous but still excited. I also live in Illinois the Chicagoland area.

Hello November 2013 Bandsters!!! I can't believe it's almost a year since I made the decision to get banded. My exact bandanniversary will be the 18th of this month. I'm so happy of the decision I made a year ago, I feel much better and I look much better too!!

I had my ups and downs, stalls in between but a lot was self induced, I enjoyed my summer and then it was hard to get back on track, specially when you and others can see the changes, therefore you can start thinking that you look good enough. But I know I have a way to go, 35 pounds to be exact. I don't know when I will get there but I know it will take place. In the mean time I want to commit to small goals, which includes to stay consistent when it comes to excercise and I would love to be at least 179.9 on the 18th . So let's see what happen!

I would love to hear from the rest of you, how are you guys doing after the surgery.

Hi Yaya

Glad to hear you doing great, a lot of up amd downs for me too, today I cancel a fill because at this point I am not sure if I needed or not it is been difficult for me due to a knee surgery and I still not working or doing exercise just the bike in the PT place, but loosing 65 pounds in a yeat I take that even if I was expecting more but I feel great and not fat ☺️, my anniversary is the 6, I went from a size 22 to a 14 my goal is to be a 10 or 12 by march I am going in vacation that month, happy anniversary to all november 2013 banders!!!!

I'm 28, and I'm hopping to get banded at the end of November. I'm just waiting on my insurance. Speaking of insurance, how long did it take for you guys to hear back/ get approved. It will be two weeks on Thursday for me. My doctor said that's typical but I figured I would ask.

Good luck to everyone who's getting banded today/ this week... I can't with to hear how it went!