Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in Nov?

YAY! Finally able to log in and post! Had some issues logging in after the forum change. I am home! My surgery was scheduled for 9:30 am but due to a hospital emergency (not mine), I didn't go in until 1:30 pm! UGH Guess I could have went home and came back but I didn't want to do that, I was already changed and hooked up to iv's etc. The surgery took about an hour. I did not stay overnight. Once out of surgery I ate about 1/2 cup of italian ice (which tasted DELICIOUS!). Once I was in recovery 2 hours and went to the bathroom I was free to go! Stopped on the way home and dropped off prescriptions, pain medicine, an antibiotic, something for nausea and something for heartburn. Got home, went to bed and hubby went back and picked up meds for me. I am on a clear diet for 2 weeks. I go back to surgeon on Tuesday for a check. I feel better than I thought I would. I get spurts of energy, then get tired. I have not been hungry but very thirsty, so drinking Water and apple juice. I may try some chicken broth later today. Tummy is sore, as to be expected. I have been sleeping on and off. Irish, how are you doing!? So glad the surgery is over, now onto healing and getting healthy!

Congratulations on your surgery!! Mine is on the 18th, I can't wait!!

Wish you a speedy recovery!!

Felt pretty good most of the day today. Just got out of the shower, that felt good! Am really feeling bloated today so took another gas-x strip. All in all I feel much better than I expected, but still taking it easy! Going to the couch again and have some lap cat time while I watch more shows I DVRed.

So my new birthday was yesterday! November 7 2013 I started my new life! I arrived at the surgery center at 0630 they took me back about 7(time I was suppose to be there) got all hooked up to an IV got a bag of antibiotic and a shot of heparin. Was wheeled back about 830ish and I woke about 945 was home by 11! Felt pretty good some mild stomach pains. Took my pain med and one dose of the anti nausea med and the gas ex strips just in case! Was able to sleep off and on. Woke this morning at 230 with the infamous gas pressure and a sore neck and jaw. Took a gas ex strip and layed back down. I was going to let my kids stay home today, but they both wanted to go to school! Crazy kids :) so I drove them to the sitters this am it wasn't to horrible! Came home took the pain med and drank some chicken broth. I have been wanting to burp and sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. So far so good! I can't wait for the healing to be done so I can start exercising! Oh the doctor does put saline in the band at time of surgery so I feel a little a head of the game!

So today one day post op I went to the bank and payer my mortgage, did some laundry, picked up kids and went to SAMs club (I used an electric scooter)

How is everyone else doing that was banded!

Ps thankful I can FINALLY post and see others post!

Hey Irishflower, I'm glad that your surgery went well and you are rocking your recovery. :D

Wow! The site looks different! Great.But different. :)

Good morning! Feeling pretty good stil, but I do feel really bloated. Still not hungry, but getting in my fluids and popsicles. Probably heat up some more broth today. I got some vegetable broth, thought I might mix it up with some chicken broth. Stocked up on more Jello. Going to try and be more active today, get some dishes done, etc. Haven't been sleeping for very long, a couple of hours at a time. Haven't had to use nausea meds. LOL I sorta feel like I'm rambling here (must be the drugs)...hope everyone is doing great!

YAY! Finally able to log in and post! Had some issues logging in after the forum change. I am home! My surgery was scheduled for 9:30 am but due to a hospital emergency (not mine), I didn't go in until 1:30 pm! UGH Guess I could have went home and came back but I didn't want to do that, I was already changed and hooked up to iv's etc. The surgery took about an hour. I did not stay overnight. Once out of surgery I ate about 1/2 cup of italian ice (which tasted DELICIOUS!). Once I was in recovery 2 hours and went to the bathroom I was free to go! Stopped on the way home and dropped off prescriptions, pain medicine, an antibiotic, something for nausea and something for heartburn. Got home, went to bed and hubby went back and picked up meds for me. I am on a clear diet for 2 weeks. I go back to surgeon on Tuesday for a check. I feel better than I thought I would. I get spurts of energy, then get tired. I have not been hungry but very thirsty, so drinking Water and apple juice. I may try some chicken broth later today. Tummy is sore, as to be expected. I have been sleeping on and off. Irish, how are you doing!? So glad the surgery is over, now onto healing and getting healthy!

Congratulations! So happy for you. I am day four post-op and feeling really good. A return of energy but taking it easy. Except for walking, lol. I am doing a lot of that and it feels really good. Pretty sure that is why I'm healing so quickly -- that and not taking narcotics. Still doing a little Tylenol and ibuprofen here and there but not much. Slept through the night two in a row, hallelujah. Have the left shoulder pain but I know it will go away and the incisions aren't bad -- like a cut healing. Whole stomach feels better today - less distended and more normal. Not hungry yet but will have some broth and Soup, etc. I'm on full liquids. Good luck -- wishing you a weekend of relaxation!

Day 2 post op can move to full liquids today! Not really hungry but have major head hunger. My worst pain is my neck, throat, and I have a headache and as long as I sit still my stomach doesn't hurt (as long as dogs don't come bounding up!) I get to take a shower today!!!

I am going to try and relax more today than I did yesterday :)

I'm on day 2 post op and can move on to full liquids today as well! I'm doing much better than yesterday, the bloating has gone down and I'm able to burp and pass gas. The walking helps tremendously! I'm still not feeling hungry either.

For "some" reason I can't see or reply to private messages on here yet! Hopefully it will get corrected soon :)

And I also had a hiatal hernia repair :)

• I'm being banded on Nov. 14 at 7:30. Excited and nervous all at the same time! I know we all will do great though.

I am so excited to hear the great stories of successful bandings thus far! Fingers crossed I will get my approval this week from Aetna. If you all don't mind when sharing your progress I always love to hear how much weight people have lost because it is inspirational to me. I know it is too soon for those who were just banded this week but as the pounds melt off progress reports would be appreciated and I promise to report frequently as well LOL

Hi there, so happy to see these posts! I've had a hard time with the site, too. Hope you new Bandits are having a relaxing weekend. I am feeling really good here on day five, lots of walking but also lots of resting. On full liquids and surgeon added a handwritten note, "egg drop soup." So I learned how to make that and it is delicious. Technically can't have eggs until Thursday as they are on the Smooth Foods list. I only had a little and I am trying the techniques of letting the "food" pass through and waiting before having the next bite. Cold Soup but so thrilled over strands of egg that I didn't care. My weight was down this morning so I must be shedding some of that Fluid from surgery, etc. Determined not to get obsessed by the scale as I know it may take me a while to find the green zone, etc. But so far so good. No fluid in my band. Feeling very positive and grateful for our little community.

Still on Clear Liquids here. Had a bad bout of diarrhea earlier, lots of trips to the bathroom. Did get out to the store before it hit, and got some walking in. Restless night last night with sleeping. Would sleep for an hour or two, then back up. Just feel asleep sitting up on the couch with the heating pad watching tv. LOL Pain level is pretty good, mostly only feel sore when bending over. Bandista, did you get any Fluid in your band? Mine is not filled at all yet, so the clear liquid diet is good for letting things heal and not having to worry about solid food just yet. The scale was down one whole pound this morning LOL I know I still have some bloating. Irish, how are you feeling?