Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG October 2013 Post-ops

I'm 2 months post-op and I'm not hungry either. I asked about it at my 6 week checkup and I was told it may take 6 months or so before hunger returns and that when it returns it will be different than hunger was pre-op. My hardest days are the weekend when I don't work. I forget to eat. I've noticed recently that I get a bit crabby and then I realize that I need to eat or drink a Protein drink. Then I feel better. During the week when I work, I pack my lunch and Snacks (protein drinks) slim a bit better about eating them.

Molly

Finally found premier Protein in canada. I have heard it is really good. I hope so!! I am so sick of unjury protein!

Had my meeting with my nut today, went well, but I am not wait enough carbs or Protein. I cannot have less than 50 carbs in a day, and no less than 100 when I am nursing. This is going to be so difficult to do! Apparently that is the reason I have been fainting.

Down 26lbs in one month, and overall 76lbs since the beginning of my serious weight loss!! Yay, still have 116lbs to go.

I'm 2 months post-op and I'm not hungry either. I asked about it at my 6 week checkup and I was told it may take 6 months or so before hunger returns and that when it returns it will be different than hunger was pre-op. My hardest days are the weekend when I don't work. I forget to eat. I've noticed recently that I get a bit crabby and then I realize that I need to eat or drink a Protein Drink. Then I feel better. During the week when I work, I pack my lunch and Snacks (protein drinks) slim a bit better about eating them. Molly

I find I get crabby too, then once I eat, it is like I just had a Prozac hahaha!!!

Finally found Premier Protein in canada. I have heard it is really good. I hope so!! I am so sick of Unjury protein!

Had my meeting with my nut today, went well, but I am not wait enough carbs or Protein. I cannot have less than 50 carbs in a day, and no less than 100 when I am nursing. This is going to be so difficult to do! Apparently that is the reason I have been fainting.

Down 26lbs in one month, and overall 76lbs since the beginning of my serious weight loss!! Yay, still have 116lbs to go.

You've been fainting because you were eating less than 50 grams of carbohydrates a day? I didn't know that could happen. Interesting..

Is anyone here that had surgery near Oct 7th? Just looking for someone to share experiences, trials, progress etc with.

HW 234

SW 221 10/7/13

CW 198

GW 130

Is anyone here that had surgery near Oct 7th? Just looking for someone to share experiences, trials, progress etc with.

HW 234

SW 221 10/7/13

CW 198

GW 130

I had surgery (revision from the band) on Oct 10th.

HW (pre-band) 278 Lost 90 lbs with the band.

SW (Revision) 243

CW 220

GW 150

In my opinion I'm losing slow. The nurse practitioner said that was expected with a revision. As long as the numbers keep going down, I'm fine. The goal for this month is 10 pounds; however I would love to lose more..just need to stay on top of my Protein & Water intake.

Sometimes I think I'm losing slow as well. But I keep reminding myself that a loss is a loss, regardless. I'm averaging about 3lbs/wk. So def no complaints. How are you doing with regular foods? are you getting all Water and Protein in? I'm not, some days are better than others.....I'm still a little dependent on shakes to get my protein in.

SW (Revision) 243

CW 220

GW 150

In my opinion I'm losing slow. The nurse practitioner said that was expected with a revision. As long as the numbers keep going down, I'm fine. The goal for this month is 10 pounds; however I would love to lose more..just need to stay on top of my Protein & Water intake.

My average has been 2-3 pound per week. In the beginning it seemed slow to me but now, six months out, I'm down 93lbs. That's no small feat! The trend has been ever downward. Looking at the overall picture I'm very happy with my results.

I think in the beginning we worry it's not going to work because nothing else has worked for us. It's hard to be patient. Focusing on the other changes that we are experiencing, not just numbers on the scale, will help. Changes like lowering or eliminating medications, aches and pains easing up or going away completely, having more energy to do things we never could before, noticing the fit of our clothes or needing smaller sizes, traveling in comfort (seats and seatbelts fit better), and oh so many other little changes that only someone who has been heavy can appreciate. Keep up the good work and Celebrate ALL YOUR successes! :-)

SW (Revision) 243

CW 220

GW 150

I'm a band revision too and have been averaging 8 lbs a month since june. Remember slow isn't necessarily a bad thing and ultimately is you follow the rules you'll end up in the same place as non revision counterparts. I was 220 my day of revision and am 169 now. Im going to be 130 by may or june. That's my plan. :)

HW 234

SW 221 10/7/13

CW 198

GW 130

I had surgery Oct 9

Had my surgery Oct. 1st. SW 300, CW 248. Went fast at the beginning, has slowed down some now. Gonna start Cross Fit in a week to see if I can't speed it back up.

We're the opposite! I'm hungry all the time…. I can only eat a little bit and I get full really fast, but I definitely have hunger.. I also have trouble drinking enough and getting enough protein.. I'm up to 5 cups of Fluid a day and I can get anywhere from 55-75 grams of Protein a day.. Its hard...

I'm with you in this!! I am almost 2 months post-op and I am ALWAYS hungry!!! My stomach is always growling. I'm so frustrated and wondering what the hell I have done to myself. I went back to work last Monday full time and by yesterday I was so drained I could barely function. I've been walking every day and doin arm exercises and sit ups at home. I'm just so tired and sluggish. I'm so tired of starving all the time and am very jealous of all of you that have to force yourself to eat!!!!!

Started back at work on Monday, and boy was it a long week!!! I work construction, so I felt completely drained the whole week, and I did eat more, but I moved a lot more, so I think its ok.. By the end of the week, I tried making my meals smaller, but more frequent.. I lost some upper body muscle, I'm going to have to work on that!!

Wow, spent the last four weeks doing 12 hour shifts in nursing. I am beat. I am so ready for a break to come. Tomorrow is my last day. I even asked my instructor to not allow me to do meds today because ketosis is really affecting my brain. I don't believe I am safe to administer medications. Does anyone else find it so hard to get food in? I am getting 5-7 glasses of Water a day, but only about 40g of Protein and less than 50 carbs. I know I need to drink more Protein shakes, I am being a bad patient. Maybe I need to just plug my nice and sip the drinks. How I miss guzzling yucky stuff. I seem to be so much pickier with food now that I am post op. I find if the food is not great tasting I am not willing to chew on it forever, so I do not let it touch my tongue....... Wow I am a baby lol!!

I hope to not get slammed, I am just struggling. Mentally I know what to do, easy. But doing it and having to feel yucky in the stomach after each bite is not something I look forward to, I admit.

I miss all the action these boards used to get :(

I hope everyone is well. Hugs

I am very picky with food now.. I don't do Protein Shakes, they make me gag.. I spent 100's of dollars on different brands, can't find one that I like, so I try to make all my meals Protein centric.. its definitely hard though.. I've been trying to add lots of veggies too, so I can get some good carbs in.. Today was 10 weeks for me, down 40 lbs.. Hope everyone is doing well..