Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been losing hair for about 2 wks. Ugh! I already had fine/thin hair so was really dreading this phase. On a positive note, I am 30# from goal weight. SD: 8/6/13.

Hello everyone hope everyone is doing good :) here's my stats

HW: 332lbs SW August 6 2013: 302lbs CW: 256lbs

Feeling a lil discouraged tho because it's coming off so slow! Plus I compare myself to everyone else lol I know an older woman who had her surgery 2 weeks before me and she's dwn 110lbs since surgery I'm like OMG I wish I was down that much already lol but I know I'm not supposed to compare myself to anyone cause everyone is different.. But still can't help it... Were all human lol I'm still happy with my progress. Went from a very right 24/loose 26 to now an 18/20 and they're a little lose so I am happy for this . How's everyone doing?

Your stats look great! Be proud of where you are. I would say a loose 18/20 is awesome! Congrats!

Another update.

Yesterday I had xrays with dye to make sure everything is going where it should be through my pouch & intestine. My dr wasn't at the appointment' date=' unfortunately. I hope to have results by middle of next week.

Its been more than 3 wks that I've been heaving up to 6x per day. I'm barely eating or drinking. I'm taking antacid & anti nausea pills but half the time they come back up.

I had to cut back my work hrs and I've now been fired.

I'm not sure that the surgery was worth all this.[/quote']

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this! I hope they find out what's wrong with you! As for that job did you fill out FMLA papers? If you did then your job is supposed to be protected! I hope everything works out for you!

I have tried the core power chocolate and vanilla along with the light strawberry banana one. The chocolate made me throw up. :/ and so did the vanilla :/ the vanilla one tasted like melted I've cream ewww lol the only one I tolerated ok was the strawberry banana one and that was still gross :/
my hair is falling out as well, I bought biotene and will start taking that daily... Or maybe twice a day... Did you try it before?

That's crazy! U should have a nutritionist. my dr. wants.... Multi chewable vit. 2X a day D3 B12 B C Cal' date='D,K... Its viative chewable. You really need ur Vitamins. Abd I finally found a drink that taste like choc. Milk w/o three after taste. Its core power. Its 26g of Protein. I get one every now n then at Walmart. I don't get as much protein as I should but I try to get it at least to 60g. My problem is watching the carbs :( I. Keep calories down n like I said protein. But carbs is hard. Their in just about everything. :( Hope this has helped.[/quote']

One thing I want to mention on the vitamins post above is some specifics on types and dosages that I've learned from my own nutritionist, nurse and research...

D3 - at least 2000 iu per day

B12 - 1000 iu per day or a 5000 once per week, but it needs to be the drops, shot or melt under your tongue kind (sublingual)... We can't digest well

Calcium - while the viactive are easy to find we really need calcium citrate, not carbonate found in those kinds. You're looking for upwards of 1500mg per day.

Multi Vitamin - should really look into one formulated for bariatric patients as most if the over the counter don't contain everything we need and it's crazy how much the "completes" vary from brand to brand - One a Day and the Centrum Performance from what I've read seem to be the closest.

Not a doc, but figuring out the right vitamin cocktail has been a bit of a challenge. My girlfriend also takes Biotin and says it helps with the hair and nails...

True. I forgot to put dosages. N I take the Centrum 2x a day.. Which is Wat my dr. otdeted. N dr. also ordered viative because it has Cal,d,n k but I no all drs. Are different. To b honest I don't take most like I should, :( shame on me.

Kinsse I also don't take mine as I should shame on me also but just got to really work towards it!!! Anyways hope all is good with everyone. Today I weigh 250lbs!! I'm so happy :) my goal was to be at 250lbs by Halloween may have not made my goal by then but passed it by 2 days :) so not too far off... Hopefully I keep losing this way!! So happy

Kinsse I also don't take mine as I should shame on me also but just got to really work towards it!!! Anyways hope all is good with everyone. Today I weigh 250lbs!! I'm so happy :) my goal was to be at 250lbs by Halloween may have not made my goal by then but passed it by 2 days :) so not too far off... Hopefully I keep losing this way!! So happy

I got me a 7 day med box n I still forget. Lol but I am doing better than before it.:)

I'm happy for ur lost. I've finally been losing almost 3#a week. Dr. wanted me at 250 last week so I cancels my appt untiil this coming Monday. Lol i'm at 268. Now. I'm 2# away from losing 50# so I hope i'm at that wen.I go to the dr. i. jus don't want him fussing at me again. :(.

I got me a 7 day med box n I still forget. Lol but I am doing better than before it.:) I'm happy for ur lost. I've finally been losing almost 3#a week. Dr. wanted me at 250 last week so I cancels my appt untiil this coming Monday. Lol i'm at 268. Now. I'm 2# away from losing 50# so I hope i'm at that wen.I go to the dr. i. jus don't want him fussing at me again. :(.
well you are doing amazing yourself and don't let the dr discourage you. I guess I got lucky my dr said that there is no specific weight I should be at, but I only see my dr every 3 months for labs for 2 yrs my dr said there are some people that don't lose anything then 3 months later lost 40+ lbs so don't be discouraged by what your doc says. I would take it with a grain of salt and keep doing what your doing!! :)

Ty. :))

No problem :)

Happy to report my 2 week stall has ended! I got on the scale yesterday and I'm down 8 pounds! I'm so excited! I can feel the difference!

Happy to report my 2 week stall has ended! I got on the scale yesterday and I'm down 8 pounds! I'm so excited! I can feel the difference!

Mine to down 10 in so excited

CW-290

It's been a rough 3 weeks but yeah under three hope every one is doing good sorry for missing,have not been feeling well lots of tummy pain but thank God am doing ok

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Glad ur back Cynthia n doing good.

I'm good. After all the bumpy rides i'm goad to be back to normal. :)

I'm down 48# 12 Weeks post op. Wish it wss more but i'm thankful for it.