Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries!?!?!?

Thank you for your help & well wishes!

How did u sleep? Left side right side back

When I got home I slept in the recliner for two nights. Afterwards it varied to whichever way was comfy.

Buff I tell you I feel awesome. I hope yours goes as smooth as mine went. I am battling gas and still a little left side pain but other than that I am loving the new me

Im glad your doing Bobby, I'll let you know how mine goes tomorrow as soon as im up to it. Good luck to all you other Dec. surgeries!

Yes straight out of can and nuke them for a minute. I put a little cheese and mild sauce on and its really good.

Are they just normal refried Beans or are they some low fat kind?

Are they just normal refried Beans or are they some low fat kind?

I got both and really can't tell difference. They are the easiest thing for me to eat. I was worried about adding beans to an already gas filled mid section but taking my gas x really not made a big difference

Thanks for the info

This is what i just posted to my peeps on Facebook........Good morning folks! This is the "stellar patient" (was just called that), checking in. I am doing fabulous! Have a mild headache, but no actual belly pain...just really sore is all. I just did a quick kitty bath, got my morning labs drawn & all vitals taken. My BP is perfect @ 113/68. I rested off & on from midnight until 4:30AM, but am wide awake now. Haven't used any of my handy dandy pain meds since about midnight (dilaudid). Sometime after 7:30 I will go for a barium follow test. All is good in Seattle! Happy hump day!

Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill

, Seattle

Well I had my gastric bypass surgery at approximately 2 o'clock on Tuesday the 17th. I stayed 2 nights in the hospital and came home this afternoon at 1 p.m. I'm doing really good I'm a little flash in the face but I'm not the very I'm doing my breathing exercises and I'm just resting in my oversize recliner with the fireplace on and the Christmas tree live next to me. I would not say that I have had any pain at all, just really tender and sore especially on the right side where there is a drain tube that wasn't me until this afternoon. I am taking into ounces of Protein Shake every hour on the hour and I'm supplementing with lots of Water Sobe drinks and Vitamin water drinks in between just a good and hydrated. I gained about 11 pounds from the time I checked into surgery and of course all of that is the gases from the laparoscopic procedure and all the fluids I have had many many many bags of Fluid in my IV in the last 48 hours. So far so good all is well and I will update as the days go on.

I got permission to start puréed food toda and other than some oatmeal blended in the blended or an veggie omelet recipe I am at a loss as what to eat! My food CANNOT have any lumps and has to be the consistency that would go through a straw? The retried Beans are not making any of you really gassy?

Need some ideas for good puréed food!!!!

So I'm getting ready to head to the hospital. So scared. Please send positive thoughts and prayers my way. See you on the other side. I will let you know how it goes.

Its 6 am here in DC and I have 3 hrs before I'm due to be at the hospital..... did anyone have to take antibiotics the night before? If so did you have one or two different types to take

So I'm getting ready to head to the hospital. So scared. Please send positive thoughts and prayers my way. See you on the other side. I will let you know how it goes.

Best of wishes to you!!!

Hi everyone! Surgery was 12/17 @ 8am. The surgeon said everything went fantastic and he was impressed with my liver! Now that made me happy bc I worked really hard on my diet. The 17th was rough. Almost had to let the nurses see my other not so nice side because they took WAY to long to give me my medicine. But the quoth was better. Still in this odd scrambled guts pain..Very weird. I had had a hard time feeling full or if anything going down hurt bc I was already in pain! But I woke up about 5am Thursday and was in no pain! Minus getting up and down or standing at first but that was nothing. I have had no problem getting Water or broth down. Had my first shake yesterday. ..actually got 2 down! So total of 58 grams Protein and about 25 ozs water yesterday. Pretty good for first day home I'd say! I can had pureed but right now I'm concentrating on the fluids. I did have 1 oz banana yesterday that set well and I was FULL. Super strange but glad. I have yet to have the remorse feeling or miss food or crave anything. Just praying that continues for a while!!

Rdc glad to hear all went well! I am still having problems feeling like my lungs are squished when I lay down but I think it a lot of gas pushing around!

Its 6 am here in DC and I have 3 hrs before I'm due to be at the hospital..... did anyone have to take antibiotics the night before? If so did you have one or two different types to take

Pretty close to you! Mine was in Fairfax! Best of luck!