Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgeries!?!?!?

December here! Shooting for maybe the second week - I will have completed my 6 month medically monitored diet on 11/25 so / crossing my fingers!!

Hoping for a December surgery date. Fingers crossed.

(Pre op) Journey Starting Weight: 341, Current Weight: 319, Goal weight: 140 (After GB) Hoping for December surgery date!!!

Glad there is lots of you! Nice to meet some folks on the same part of the journey - Any of you have the medically monitored diet your doing ?

Im in month 3 of my diet. Its takung so long.

Same here. It's going by so slow. I had hoped for a December date but now I'm thinking it will be more like February. Ugh!!

(Pre op) sw 341~cw 319~gw 140

It is taking a while! Seems like the longest process and I don't know about how it normally works but feel like its just something insurance can make you do to make the process longer and I'm sure lots of people end up not following through - I do however like the time to spend preparing myself - in many ways! But if its something you could get approved overnight - I would not have been ready! Lol!

It is taking a while! Seems like the longest process and I don't know about how it normally works but feel like its just something insurance can make you do to make the process longer and I'm sure lots of people end up not following through - I do however like the time to spend preparing myself - in many ways! But if its something you could get approved overnight - I would not have been ready! Lol!

Im sure you are absolutely right. I'm sure many back out. The impatient side of me wants it done NOW but in reality, the wait is for the best for most being it is a life long change to our God given bodies. For me, I've been wanting and researching the surgery for years. I made the final decision to follow through when life just became not fun anymore, everyday normal things became difficult to do, and I realized that for at least the past 5 years, I've sat in my house/bedroom rotting and getting larger, while most of the world was enjoying their lives. I want to enjoy life. I want to smile. I don't want to hide in my bedroom anymore.

I totally get it! I have always been fun and outgoing - never cared that I can bigger - of course I did but no one ever knew that but when I started having to not participate in certain things , ask for a table not a booth when going out to dinner and then.... my princess! 20 months ago I was blessed with a child I was told I'd never have and SHE was the reason I said - ok Enough - I refuse to miss out or die early for being overweight. During the spring I also hit 300lbs - I had always stayed around 280- still very high but I realized why would I stop at 300- - I needed a change and I'm so glad to be doing this process! Excited - yet scared! I know end result will be great though!! And happy to finally find people to chat with it about!!

I totally get it! I have always been fun and outgoing - never cared that I can bigger - of course I did but no one ever knew that but when I started having to not participate in certain things ' date=' ask for a table not a booth when going out to dinner and then.... my princess! 20 months ago I was blessed with a child I was told I'd never have and SHE was the reason I said - ok Enough - I refuse to miss out or die early for being overweight. During the spring I also hit 300lbs - I had always stayed around 280- still very high but I realized why would I stop at 300- - I needed a change and I'm so glad to be doing this process! Excited - yet scared! I know end result will be great though!! And happy to finally find people to chat with it about!![/quote']

"Asking for tables instead of booths"...I hate going out to eat for this reason. In my head, I use to think, geez, the seater sees my size, why would they seat us a booth??? But I guess the reality is, unless they are living large, they just don't understand. So yeah, I had to start asking for a table and then feel embarrassed because they have to know why. Who likes tables over booths?? I'm guessing only those of us that leave a booth with bruised tummies from having to stuff ourselves in them. I NEVER discussed my weight or the many things that come along with obesity until I joined here. Obviously the majority of the members here, understand bcuz they live it themselves. We sure wouldn't alter our bodies in such a permanent way if living large was fun....ha, and people think that Wls is the easy way out.

I wish I had done this much sooner for my kids. They are 15 and 20 now. I was smaller when they were younger but I feel my daughter missed out on some things because of my weight. I'll be 40 this year. It's time. It's definitely time. By the time your little girl is old enough to enjoy Disney, you'll be healthy enough to take her and enjoy it too :-)

Hey everyone! Wanted to check in and see how everyone's progress is going! I had the first half of my psych evaluation last week. Second half next week but he said thus far he sees no issues. Next week is also my 4th PCP appointment for my medically monitored diet. Only 2 more! Last one 11/25 then we submit to insurance! Only other thing I have is the sleep study - boo!! But I will do that during October. This month is packed! Talked to my surgeons office yesterday and he said surgery 12/11 or 12/18! Its starting to feel real finally! Keep me posted! How are things with yall??