Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October surgeries out there...

The 21st.

You're lucky. Only one week!

I start this coming money 14th. Have pre-op on Tuesday. Becoming so real now.

You're lucky. Only one week!

I start this coming money 14th. Have pre-op on Tuesday. Becoming so real now.

I know! I just got my approval yesterday!

Spent yesterday going through the final preop appointments. Met with the PA, nutritionist, hospital learning center and had labs. Today starts the 2-week liquid diet. This is getting real. :)

I was sitting in my surgeons office yesterday doing the usual preop stuff and just couldn't believe what I am in the process of doing....I got scared to death! I am a lapband revision scheduled for the 15th. I feel as if I failed the first time so why not this time! The self doubt is messing with me. I know that I can't do this without a tool but the fear still is there of failure...please send me positive thoughts as my surgery date draws closer!

Spent yesterday going through the final preop appointments. Met with the PA' date=' nutritionist, hospital learning center and had labs. Today starts the 2-week liquid diet. This is getting real. :)[/quote']

You've got this!

Today is my clear liquid day before surgery. What kinds of liquid did y'all drink? I bought beef, chicken and vegetable broth but wow the beef was so salty! I guess I'm not use to all the salt any more.

Making my 2 hr journey to Indy for my surgery :) wish me luck

You are going to be great! Good luck to you!

Today is my clear liquid day before surgery. What kinds of liquid did y'all drink? I bought beef' date=' chicken and vegetable broth but wow the beef was so salty! I guess I'm not use to all the salt any more.[/quote']

sugar free Jello, Decaf tea, restaurant broth (Chinese winton and Vietnamese Pho), my homemade turkey broth, crystal light and Water.

Molly 10/2/13

Good luck!

Good luck!

sugar free jello' date=' Decaf tea, restaurant broth (Chinese winton and Vietnamese Pho), my homemade turkey broth, crystal light and Water. Molly 10/2/13[/quote']

Thanks Molly. I may try the wonton.

I was sitting in my surgeons office yesterday doing the usual preop stuff and just couldn't believe what I am in the process of doing....I got scared to death! I am a lapband revision scheduled for the 15th. I feel as if I failed the first time so why not this time! The self doubt is messing with me. I know that I can't do this without a tool but the fear still is there of failure...please send me positive thoughts as my surgery date draws closer!

I feel your anxiety. I'll share what I am doing, mabye some will be useful. I have had the same doublts. I'm getting my revision on the 16th. I had the Band placed in 2008, released in 2010 (due to reflux), and then took until 2012 to get up the guts to explore a revision because I felt like such a failure. I decided to read as much as I could from success stories of others who have kept it off to learn what they did to succeed, and use them as my map. Then I reflected on my own life successes. the only thing I have consistently failed as is keeping off my wieght. Everything else in personal and professional life I feel I have been a moderate sucessess (I keep relationships, I love my job, etc.) So, I decided that I would use the skills that I have used to succeed in my other parts of life and transfer that capacity to my Bypass success. So, I am taking the best advice from others, and my own patterns from other life accomplishments - and with those two I believe I can succeed this time.

I am taking what I learned from what went wrong with the Band (in my case, when the Band didn't work I got pissy and petulant and slowly ate my way back to my heighest wieght, I will not not not let that happen again) and prepare myself for the bumps in the road that may come my way.

I know lot's of people who have been through AA (I am addicated to the pleasurable sensations of eating, sugar highs, the distraction of eating) and it took more than one attempt to remain sober. The real failure would not be in the falling down, but in staying down. They used the support system of the group and the one day at a time approach to cope. I look at at their wonderful history of successes and plan to apply that philosophy. I am being transparent (I figure I can't stay well if I lie) with those near to me so I can't BS myself if I slip. I am trying to prepare myself mentally for the permanence/ long termness of this surgery and choice, but also keep myself focused on doing the correct thing each day. I'll deal with tomorrow's challenge tomorrow and just deal with making the right choices today.

I don't know that I will succeed, but I do know I'm trying with all that I know at this point, and that is giving me some peace of mind.