Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We are one week away from our date!

We should all be on some sort of pre-op liquid plan, so let's hear how it's going from y'all.

I am on sugar-free/ low-fat liquids. I am still experimenting with different Protein powders, but I have pretty much settled on a brand. After surgery I plan on going organic and GMO-free. I figured that there is no excuse not to since I will eat so little.

Are y'all exercising? I have been off of exercise since about two weeks before my last surgery, which was three weeks ago. I really look forward to exercising again once I am able. I have a friend who used to be a trainer for the Baltimore Ravens; he was telling me that cardio is important, but strength training is more important. We will need to build/ maintain our muscles in order to keep our basal metabolism high.

Are you nervous? I am. Not because I think I will regret my decision, but because I can't wait for next year! I have been obese since I was 7. It's high time I looked as good as I feel. Dealing with the reason I am obese was hard. As a child it was a protection issue. I tried to make myself ugly. As a teen and young adult I struggled with depression, and I ate out of sheer desperation to feel something besides pain. Now that I can look back and see the pattern, it makes me know that I don't need food to be my best friend anymore. I know that I can go forward and use food as fuel and not comfort. I pray we all keep working on our food issues, because they never truly go away if we don't do the work. We don't want to be back here in the pre-op area in a few years.

I'm August 22nd too and I'm SO EXCITED!! I am only required to do a 1400 calorie diet for 2 weeks (which I'm on now), but I have done liquids most days and use Protein Shakes as Meal Replacements often. I too have used food in the past to numb my emotions but since I started this process it's been almost 2 years before I could finally have the surgery and I am proud to say the way I view food has changed already. Never in my life would I have thought McDonald's would not appeal to me, but surprisingly now (with my normal size stomach) I think it's disgusting and hate the sight of the Golden Arches. Lol.

I am having surgery on the 22nd also. I am excited and a little nervous. I am on a veggie, salad and shake diet until saturday then I am full on shakes provided by the hospital. Can we all communicate with each other and see how we are doing? I wasnt obese all my life I am 53 and started gaining weight at 40. I had lap band in 2009, lost 75 pounds then it slipped and I had it removed last summer. So this has been a long journey. I gained all the weight back when they removed the band. I almost knew I would, I didnt even try, really. No one to blame but me. I did purchase a magic bullet and looking at some of the recipes in the book, they look very tastey. I live in Cincinnati and I would like to lose 100 pounds. How about you? So glad we found each other

I live in Florida for another month but then the Army is moving us. I'm not sure where yet.

I want to lose 200 lbs. My highest weight was 385, my goal weight is around 160. I would love to keep in contact with you ladies so we can hold each other's hand through this. I think having someone who's going through the exact same thing you're going through, as you're going through it, really helps.

Hey! I'm the 22nd too! So glad to have people to go through this with! I'm soo excited! I think ill start to feel nervous next week but I'm good right now :). I've been on the pre op diet for a week now and doing pretty well, lost 10 lbs, it's a start :).

I've been overweight my entire life, literally I have never been thin so I'm extremely excited to do this! I think my metabolism is really bad, plus obesity runs in my family and on top of that I'm a pastry Chef so I've always had a love for food, and way too much of it! Can't wait to be thin! My doctor said my goal is to loose 168 but that brings me to 120 so I don't know if I want to aim for 140 or what the best weight is to be my goal. I am 5'5", any thoughts?

Wecome Katie. I will miss bread a little and of course pastries. We are in this journey all together, to cheer each other and to lift each other when one of us feels down. Good luck on your journey to anew you.

I live in Florida for another month but then the Army is moving us. I'm not sure where yet.

I want to lose 200 lbs. My highest weight was 385' date=' my goal weight is around 160. I would love to keep in contact with you ladies so we can hold each other's hand through this. I think having someone who's going through the exact same thing you're going through, as you're going through it, really helps.[/quote']

It would be amazing to keep in touch. I have several friends who have had either RNY, Sleeve, or Lapband but I'm the last one to get mine so there's no one going through this at the same

time as me.

Hey! I'm the 22nd too! So glad to have people to go through this with! I'm soo excited! I think ill start to feel nervous next week but I'm good right now :). I've been on the pre op diet for a week now and doing pretty well' date=' lost 10 lbs, it's a start :).

I've been overweight my entire life, literally I have never been thin so I'm extremely excited to do this! I think my metabolism is really bad, plus obesity runs in my family and on top of that I'm a pastry Chef so I've always had a love for food, and way too much of it! Can't wait to be thin! My doctor said my goal is to loose 168 but that brings me to 120 so I don't know if I want to aim for 140 or what the best weight is to be my goal. I am 5'5", any thoughts?[/quote']

I too like food, and plenty of it. Lol. I've been overweight just about my entire adult life also. I haven't set a goal yet. My highest known weight is 296 (I'm not a scale person) and I'm 5'4". I have no clue what size/weight I would like to be. Size healthy? Size I don't shop in Lane Bryant? Lol.

I am the 22nd as well. Start the liquid (all clear) on Monday. Nervous. Excited. So many emotions. I've been overweight for 16 years. I'm a single mom and want to get healthy for my little girl and myself. So glad we are in this together!

5 more days!!!

I'm doing good with food but I'm so excited I can't sleep. It's like Chanukah. It keeps going for 8 crazy nights then BOOM! I'm honestly just so excited. I can't wait to see my husband! He will be home three weeks after surgery and he left almost 20 lbs ago. I hope he can see a difference. If not, it won't dampen my excitement. He hasn't been home since April and I miss him tons.

3 days left! I'm trying to get everything done before surgery. Today I am mailing stuff, getting an oil change, taking lunch to the recruiters, getting my dog taken care of, getting my car washed and the windows tinted, and picking up pain meds so I don't have to get them filled post-op.

I have all the food I will need and tomorrow my day will be as busy as today. I will be unable to drive for two weeks after surgery so it's important I get stuff done now.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

mrs.katie you are on the ball! I think I am still thinking this is unreal, or maybe surreal. I started the clear liquid diet today. Thinking about packing my bag tonight. I am so nervous and excited, Been watching youtube videos all day at work, I cannot concentrate!

I am doing important things first: a manicure and a pedicure! :-) Actually I have all the food items and Vitamins. I am stopping on the way home from work to get a pill crusher the chapstick and I have to get G2. I have to drink one the night before and one 5 hours before surgery.

Do any of you have to do a cleanse?

Mine is Miralax and Gatorade the day before. It's MUCH better than the moviprep I had before my hysterectomy last month. That crap smelled like lemon pledge and tasted like hot seawater mixed with mucus. I gagged on every sip.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I also got a mani/pedi in preparation today! Haha but I've been doing a lot of cleaning and ill probably pack tomorrow! I ordered my Multivitamins but I didn't order the others yet because I was confused on amounts, like at my class they said 65mg of Iron and I thought that would be once a day but when I went to buy it from Bariatric Advantage it only came in small amounts like 25mg. Where did you guys buy your Vitamins? Also I've been on the pre op diet for almost 2 weeks which includes veggies and fruit to the Protein Shakes. So tomorrow I cut out all fruit and veggies, only Protein shakes and Water. I don't have to do any other cleanse that I know of.