Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe tmi but has anyone passed stool or something like it?

I was told my first bm would be 3 to 5 days. Last night I was passing gas pretty bad! I kept apologizing to my hubby. He thought it was pretty funny because I was so embarrassed!

I didn't gain any weight from being in the hospital. I've lost about 2 pounds since morning of surgery! My pain is minimal just having a hard time with getting liquids in. The nurse is going to call me tomorrow for an ounce amount! I need to be getting in at least 48 ounces a day. Yesterday I only got in 32ish :/ hoping today I get more!!

I got home today as well. Dr did a hand assist which comes with extra 2 1/2 incision at belly button. Liquids haven't been a problem. Finally broke wind and I celebrated it feels like if I could pass one 2 minute fart I would feel 200 % better. :-). I'm home now. Hubby is on way back home with pain meds and I am hurting. No BM but no food to create one so its not surprising. Good to be home. Will miss the wonderful Nurses at Good Sam and the handsome Drs :-)) I'm also a little worried about being home alone tomorrow when hubs leaves for work 6 till 6. Good to hear from all of you I was a little worried.

I almost forgot I didn't get any sugar free pudding just blan Decaf tea juice Jello chicken broth at lunch and dinner and sorbet once. I ate the sorbet with gusto but barely touched a anything else.

Home is quieter, but there are definitely downsides since I am alone. I am having a hard time getting up from bed or the sofa. It takes me around 5 minutes and it feels like my stomach may actually explode. My back muscles are also super sore from being in the hospital bed.

I am passing gas and my intestines sound like a thunderstorm is brewing. I am struggling, but I am making it. I haven't weighed myself yet. I will do that this Thursday.

Is anyone else having a hard time standing up straight?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I def had a sore back when I got home. It still is. It gets better when the gas gets moving too. Standing straight is difficult.

Mrs Katie what medicine did dr send you home with? I am asking because mine prescribed oxycodone which when I take 1 to 2 tsp every 4 hours makes you feel like you can do anything. Maybe your dr could phone in this same for you. Sorry you have to be alone. Me too hubs leaves for work about 6:30 and gets home at about 6:00.

My doctor told me I should be fine with Tylenol elixir. No joke.

I am hesitant to take stronger stuff because it stops the intestines. I was on the dilaudid and now I have a stash of Vicodin that I can crush if I need to but I just hate to have to worry about my intestines stopping completely.

Home is quieter' date=' but there are definitely downsides since I am alone. I am having a hard time getting up from bed or the sofa. It takes me around 5 minutes and it feels like my stomach may actually explode. My back muscles are also super sore from being in the hospital bed.

I am passing gas and my intestines sound like a thunderstorm is brewing. I am struggling, but I am making it. I haven't weighed myself yet. I will do that this Thursday.

Is anyone else having a hard time standing up straight?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Trying rolling onto your side so your facing the edge of the bed or couch, then you can use your hand and arms to push your torso up instead of trying to pull your torso up with your very owie abdominal muscles.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 200.6

Trying rolling onto your side so your facing the edge of the bed or couch' date=' then you can use your hand and arms to push your torso up instead of trying to pull your torso up with your very owie abdominal muscles.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 200.6[/quote']

Oh rolling, how I miss you! I remember when I used to roll effortlessly. Now I sort of rock like a boat on the ocean, never quite able to reach my side without crying out.

That technique worked great after my last abdominal surgery, this one is quite different. Every incision from last surgery had taken on a new role, that of making me miserable. The new ones hurt, but the old ones are killing me.

It's fun, in a sort of way that I never knew fun could be. This fun is mean and cruel. This fun is formally invited to go away and never come back.

Try to use arm and leg muscles as much as possible and stay far away from the furniture that is hardest to Get off of! Mrs Katie, I don't know about you but Tylenol liquid did not work for me in the hospital. The taste alone made me nauseas and afterwards I would get the sweats and feel terrible. One of the second year residents put me on a liquid Motrin which could be run through the IV, from that point on that's all I requested. The roxicet (oxycodone) they sent me home with seems much stronger but works longer than any meds from the hospital! I'm not sure what I will use in future for the occasional headache since I swore by aleve for years..any suggestions!

I am on roxicet as well and trying to ween off of it but it makes me feel sooo much better, takes the pain away and I can go right to sleep. I used extra strength Tylenol this morning and it helped but not nearly as much as the roxicet obviously. Can't wait for this pain to go away but I know it will all be worth it. Had trouble getting all my liquid and Protein in today, will have to start sipping earlier tomorrow! You are all in my thoughts and prayers during this recovery time and huge adjustment to our lives!

Idea! Since Thursday was our surgery day, lets all weigh in on Thursdays and post on here to keep each other going and motivated and see each others progress! What do you guys think?

I think weigh in Thursdays would be great!

Weigh-in Thursdays will be awesome. Don't be afraid to post a week with a gain or no loss! You may not have lost all of your surgery gain. My surgeon said that it takes some people longer than others to un-swell.

Did any of you have to have a hand assist or also have your gall bladder removed? This was my case. Dr said gallbladder was filled with stones. I wish I had asked to see some of them! Real sore tonight. Good night my fellow rny Aug 22's...