Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week from today I will be on the losers bench. This last week of my 3 week pre-op diet is brutal!! I am hungrier this week than the previous two. It is taking more willpower the closer I get and I thought it would be the opposite!

HW 370 CW 327 (1 week pre-op)

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! Woo hoo I'm scared! But I'm more scared NOT to do it. I have everything on deck, blender, food scale, baby spoons, sippy cups, plastic shot glasses ( not for actual shots tho!), liquid Tylenol, liquid colace, papaya enzyme, sugar free breath spray and mouthwash, blistex...what did I forget? SO EXCITED!

Hey all - My date is June 26th. I have had to start a 9 day liquid only diet before the surgery. Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm only on day two and I so want to eat!! I didn't realize how hard it would be with my family still eating as normal. What made it even harder today...I made dinner for the family! Any suggestions to get through the next 7 days? Thanks in advance!!

we share surgery dates :) I don't have to do any pre diet before though…. can't believe a week from now I'll be in recovery ! :)

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! Woo hoo I'm scared! But I'm more scared NOT to do it. I have everything on deck, blender, food scale, baby spoons, sippy cups, plastic shot glasses ( not for actual shots tho!), liquid Tylenol, liquid colace, papaya enzyme, sugar free breath spray and mouthwash, blistex...what did I forget? SO EXCITED!

I need to make a shopping list and go this weekend.

I am the exact say way. I am two weeks out and lost about 18 as well. I have hit a stall. I try not to get on the scale' date=' but it just screams at me to get on and check. I have been at the same weight since Friday. It is so frustrating! I know in my head that I shouldn't worry that it will come off, but I feel like the little girl on the Willy Wonka and chocolate factory..... "I want it all and I want it now!!!!"[/quote']

Hahahahaha!!!! So true!! "But daddy, I want to lose all my weight nooowwww!!" Lol. I've been weighing myself every morning and night. I gotta stop. I have noticed that my jewelry is a lot bigger. I might need to find new fingers for my rings. I'm going to up my exercise and tomorrow I can start on soft food so hopefully the extra calories will jump start something.

Hahahahaha!!!! So true!! "But daddy' date=' I want to lose all my weight nooowwww!!" Lol. I've been weighing myself every morning and night. I gotta stop. I have noticed that my jewelry is a lot bigger. I might need to find new fingers for my rings. I'm going to up my exercise and tomorrow I can start on soft food so hopefully the extra calories will jump start something.[/quote']

A couple days post-op one of my fellow February RNYers posted 'just got home from the hospital and dammit I'm still fat, shouldn't I be skinny now?!?!?' I think she summed up how we all feel!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210

A couple days post-op one of my fellow February RNYers posted 'just got home from the hospital and dammit I'm still fat' date=' shouldn't I be skinny now?!?!?' I think she summed up how we all feel!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 210[/quote']

That is so true! I weighed myself for the first time this morning and was a grand total of 2.5 lbs down from pre- surgery weight a week ago. I sure hope I have 5-10 lbs of Water and gas still in me! I won't weigh again until next Wednesday now. I knew I was probably pushing it doing it this soon but it had been a week. Lol

Yes! I am currently on day 7 of my liquid diet and still have 6 more to go! Yes it is difficult because I am hungry for the most part of the day. But I try to keep busy and still try to get in a walk or bike ride to burn even more calories. I am following the diet suggested meals pretty closely and have lost 8lbs so far. Did your doc give you a suggested list of meals to eat? I find it to be tolerable. I am cooking for my family too and it is not easy!! But I just keep thinking if I don't lose enough weight it will decrease the likelihood of me being able to have laparoscopic surgery. I also remind myself to make this happen because I have worked hard to get to this point and I'm sure you have too. I'm hoping it will help with the post surgery liquid diet too. It gets easier after day 3!!! Stick to it!! Get a good Protein shake! And keep a variety of Soups too! It will all make you savor and appreciate it once we get to reintroduce other foods in just a few more weeks!! Small changes, big differences!

There isn't much of a choice with this diet they have given me. I am to have 3 or 4 shakes (depending on how much protein they have). And any sugar free beverage I want as much as I want. I am allowed one cup of low fat yogurt a day or a 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese. This is it for the "diet". I understand they are trying to get my liver to shrink to make the surgery easier to do for them...I am just having a hard time adjusting to it I guess. Today was a bit easier - but I must admit...I wanted to cheat in the worst way! I am hoping that with working for the rest of this week and right up to the day of surgery will help with the wanting to eat. Thank you for your support!!

One week from today I will be on the losers bench. This last week of my 3 week pre-op diet is brutal!! I am hungrier this week than the previous two. It is taking more willpower the closer I get and I thought it would be the opposite!

HW 370 CW 327 (1 week pre-op)

Me too me too!! Mine is Tuesday!! IDK why the 3rd week is so hard!! I'm ready to eat my FACE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Me too me too!! Mine is Tuesday!! IDK why the 3rd week is so hard!! I'm ready to eat my FACE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

The last week was the hardest for sure!

Getting a little nervous/excited, my surgery is scheduled for this Friday, the 21st. It has been so informative and inspiring reading everyone's journeys. Thanks so much for sharing your stories :) Wishing everyone luck on their upcoming surgeries and see you "on the loser's bench"!

Getting a little nervous/excited' date=' my surgery is scheduled for this Friday, the 21st. It has been so informative and inspiring reading everyone's journeys. Thanks so much for sharing your stories :) Wishing everyone luck on their upcoming surgeries and see you "on the loser's bench"![/quote']

Horseperson,

Best of luck on the 21st. stay positive! and walk as much as you can post-op it makes such a huge diffrence!

RJ

Hey all - My date is June 26th. I have had to start a 9 day liquid only diet before the surgery. Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm only on day two and I so want to eat!! I didn't realize how hard it would be with my family still eating as normal. What made it even harder today...I made dinner for the family! Any suggestions to get through the next 7 days? Thanks in advance!!

Drink a Protein Shake before preparing their dinner. If your not hungry it won't bother you near as much.

Hi all, came home Wednesday night had my upper gi yesterday morning no leaks! That blue barium stuff is hella nasty!!!!!!!!! Thought I was going to hack it up! But didn't! Pain is gone just sore . Did a lot of walking! WALK WALK WALK!,,, I truly believe that's what made the pain go away faster. After my upper gi I was ok'd to start Clear Liquids , have had no problems getting it all in ,,, sip,sip,sip! No nausea ! Can totally feel a difference with no band ! My tummy doesn't feel strangled anymore! I can breath so much more deeply too!! Oh and no nausea! This feels so much better than the band I can't believe I suffered for 3 1/2 years with it ! This was the right choice for me !! I wish everyone has much success in there new journeys , to everyone getting ready to have surgery soon I send prayers prayers your way you will have a swift and easy recovery as I did! Much love, RNYCHICA <3

So hoping I can go home today! Still really sore, a lot of gas pains, but ready to get out of this hospital!! Will keep everyone posted. Was everybody is a good amount of pain?