Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey~ I'm new to this site and just had my 2/3 visit today. I am hoping to be having surgery in June. Anyone from NC on here?

Hey~ I'm new to this site and just had my 2/3 visit today. I am hoping to be having surgery in June. Anyone from NC on here?

I'm in Gastonia NC - where are you at?

I am in Louisburg, 25 min north of Raleigh. Are you having your surgery done there?

Im in Eastern NC. 45 mins from the beach

I'm in Winston-Salem. Surgery 2/20/13.

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 291.1 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I'm in winston and also hoping for a June surgery!

I am in Louisburg' date=' 25 min north of Raleigh. Are you having your surgery done there?[/quote']

I had my surgery done in Charlotte - Dr. Carl Lowe from Carolina Surgical Associates did it.

Awesome! It is great to have some local peeps to chat with. Winston is not too far from here .W106fox, thats great, how long ago was your surgery and do you have any personal pointers for us newbies? Kwagner01, I went to college at UNC-W in mid 90's and as a child spent every summer in Emerald Ilse We are huge beach goers, but now we mostly go up to Corolla and Carova.I am looking forward to being not only healthy enough to fully enjoying the beach again but also not being the largest woman on the beach. I always said it didn't bother me but being honest with myself it really did.

I'm in Charlotte, surgery was in Rock Hill SC on 11/27/12. I've lost 76 lbs & go for my bloodwork tomorrow. Kind of anxious to see if I have any Vitamin deficiencies. Best advice I can give is to plan your food & always have a backup plan & something good in Protein in your purse or backpack. I use My Fitness Pal to track protein, etc. I miss a good hot dog but it's worth how I feel now to give them up (the pouch hates them). Glad to see so many Carolina gals on here. :)

I am in Louisburg' date=' 25 min north of Raleigh. Are you having your surgery done there?[/quote']

I have family & friends in Raleigh and get up that way about every 6 weeks.

I am in Raleigh, NC. My surgery date is June 4th with Dr. Sudan at Duke

Awesome! It is great to have some local peeps to chat with. Winston is not too far from here .W106fox' date=' thats great, how long ago was your surgery and do you have any personal pointers for us newbies? Kwagner01, I went to college at UNC-W in mid 90's and as a child spent every summer in Emerald Ilse We are huge beach goers, but now we mostly go up to Corolla and Carova.I am looking forward to being not only healthy enough to fully enjoying the beach again but also not being the largest woman on the beach. I always said it didn't bother me but being honest with myself it really did.[/quote']

My surgery was this past Friday 4/12 :-) and I've had a great experience so far!! Follow you drs orders though!! Don't worry if you don't poop right away after surgery- I finally had to use Miralax and had my first poop today since surgery! Rest, walk, sip, walk, sip, rest :-) a pillow on the ride home helped me a lot. You most likely will gain wait right after surgery- because all the anesthesia and stuff they pump into you. But don't worry, it will come off quickly :-) a heating pad and gas ex strips have been my best friends :-)

Hi, I am in Raleigh. I had my surgery on saturday, 4/13, so I'm home resting, or trying to! Its hard to be still when you are so used to doing several things in order to avoid being social. I had the best experience, my doctor is Dr. Bruce, with Bariatrics of NC, and I was at Rex Hospital. I haven't had too much pain, and now that I'm moving around, the gas is finally appearing. I'm glad I'm home! Follow the doctor's orders, I did to the tee, and I found it to be very helpful. The surgery was less than 2 hours, my family said, and the doctor updated them when I was finished. In Cary, there is a nutrition center on the bottom floor of my doctor's office and I picked up all my meals for week 1 and 2 post surgery, so I am set! Good luck! Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing or feeling. :)