Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Here we go! Today is my 1 year anniversary! I was so excited to have my first sips of wine. I tried to be cautious and only had a little, and it was wonderful! Congratulations to us, April Crew! We continue to make our way. I would not have been able to get through this without your posts, especially Dorian, Alanna, Krystal and others. You guys really kept us together. Love you all!! I am going to try to attach a before/after pic, we'll see how it goes! LOL

post-190635-0-48007100-1397442729_thumb.jpg

My surgiversary is on the 17th and I realllllly wanted to make a 100 lb loss by then. But, alas, I don't think it is meant to be. Been holding at 98 lbs for a while now, but that's still something to be proud of. The weight had been barely coming off for six months now. I run, lift weights, generally do what I'm supposed to. I eat too many carbs, so that's my only downfall. Currently 176 lbs at 5'3".

So what is everyone's anniversary and what has your loss been?

Let's celebrate!

SD 4/29/13

HW 297

CW 164

Loss: 133 lbs

I was a size 22/24, and now I'm a size 10/12

My bra went from a 48 f to a 38 d, albeit a VERY saggy 38 d.

SD 4-17-13

HW 310

SW 274.8

CW 176

GW 155 (surgeon), 135 (personal)

Loss 98, 99 lbs (fluctuating)

24/3XL clothes to 14/16/large bottoms and 14/medium tops.

Bra went from 44DDD to 38 DD. My girls are noticeably smaller but I guess the loose skin is taking up the old space in my bras. Lol. No more demi cups for me!

Here we go! Today is my 1 year anniversary! I was so excited to have my first sips of wine. I tried to be cautious and only had a little, and it was wonderful! Congratulations to us, April Crew! We continue to make our way. I would not have been able to get through this without your posts, especially Dorian, Alanna, Krystal and others. You guys really kept us together. Love you all!! I am going to try to attach a before/after pic, we'll see how it goes! LOL

Your looking great

Awe my friend!! You look beautiful! Congrats on you surgiversary, and all that you have accomplished! Doesn't seem real that it has been that long already! I so wish we could have a reunion and all meet. Maybe someday! Keep up the awesome work and don't be a stranger.

My surgiversary is on the 17th and I realllllly wanted to make a 100 lb loss by then. But, alas, I don't think it is meant to be. Been holding at 98 lbs for a while now, but that's still something to be proud of. The weight had been barely coming off for six months now. I run, lift weights, generally do what I'm supposed to. I eat too many carbs, so that's my only downfall. Currently 176 lbs at 5'3".

98 pounds is nothing to be ashamed of! Awesome job! Those last two pounds will come off, just keep at it. It took me FOREVER AND A DAY to reach 199! LOL

And the 17th is a few days away yet so don't give up! ;)

Edited by Dorian

Well today is my surgeraversery

Well today is my surgeraversery I'm down about 110lbs not much else to report

Well today is my surgeraversery I'm down about 110lbs not much else to report

Awesome job Krystal!! ☺

You guys are doing great! My date was the 8th and it was 110 by then also.. I've been quite discouraged myself because I've been at a stall for a few months and it's been driving me nuts! But I'm not going to let it get me down. I have abt 50 - 60 lbs to go to get to my absolute goal and I want to do that by July or August because I want to do skin surgery by next winter! We can do it guys!

My dearest friends.

Today is my 1 year surgevarsary.

I day i was looking forward to, but one which came with so much mixed emotions!

So let me just spill it. I found out I am pregnant!

This is my first pregnancy. ???? It is unplanned. Only told my partner yet, nobody else. And noe you guys.

I am both happy and scared and a bit upset. And worried. Because it is not a good time now.

We just bought our first house, moving in a month's time. But we're not married. But we have been planning it (our plan was exactly this easter weekend next year!). Although nothing concrete as we have to save up, this house is a big thing.

And now the pregnancy. Honestly i dont know what to do. I cant speak with my mum about it, because if we decide not to keep it (a reality, unfortunately, due to financial circumstances), they will be devastated. I cannot do that to them. I cannot do that to us. But also, the reality of it happening.

What a crazy day!

I was looking so forward to the day i would get pregnant. And now, this day of all days, it's not as i envisioned.

I am also worried whether it would be fair to a child seeing that i am mentally not at my best - although i am much better than 6 months ago.

On the other hand, if i end the pregnancy, i am so mortified that it will have a dire effect on my emotional state especially with regards to my partner. What if i come to loathe him for it?

We love each other very much. And i know i would be a great mum. And i know people say a lot of the times "it is never the right time", but now is honestly not a good time!

Friends I dont know what to do!

I am like a deer caught in headlights.

Please give me some sound advice. And dont be too harsh on me, i am very emotional right now, and well, yeah.

What an anniversary, hey?

(Plus I am not yet at goal weight, have lost about 115 pounds if i'm not mistaken, need to lose about 40 more - but this wont have an effect on my decision, i am quite relaxed about the weight issue now).

My dearest friends.

Today is my 1 year surgevarsary.

I day i was looking forward to, but one which came with so much mixed emotions!

So let me just spill it. I found out I am pregnant!

This is my first pregnancy. ?de33 It is unplanned. Only told my partner yet, nobody else. And noe you guys.

I am both happy and scared and a bit upset. And worried. Because it is not a good time now.

We just bought our first house, moving in a month's time. But we're not married. But we have been planning it (our plan was exactly this easter weekend next year!). Although nothing concrete as we have to save up, this house is a big thing.

And now the pregnancy. Honestly i dont know what to do. I cant speak with my mum about it, because if we decide not to keep it (a reality, unfortunately, due to financial circumstances), they will be devastated. I cannot do that to them. I cannot do that to us. But also, the reality of it happening.

What a crazy day!

I was looking so forward to the day i would get pregnant. And now, this day of all days, it's not as i envisioned.

I am also worried whether it would be fair to a child seeing that i am mentally not at my best - although i am much better than 6 months ago.

On the other hand, if i end the pregnancy, i am so mortified that it will have a dire effect on my emotional state especially with regards to my partner. What if i come to loathe him for it?

We love each other very much. And i know i would be a great mum. And i know people say a lot of the times "it is never the right time", but now is honestly not a good time!

Friends I dont know what to do!

I am like a deer caught in headlights.

Please give me some sound advice. And dont be too harsh on me, i am very emotional right now, and well, yeah.

What an anniversary, hey?

(Plus I am not yet at goal weight, have lost about 115 pounds if i'm not mistaken, need to lose about 40 more - but this wont have an effect on my decision, i am quite relaxed about the weight issue now).

First of all, congrats on the weight loss. I am like you; I need to loose more but am OK where I'm at. Great job!

Second of all, I am very sorry you are having conflicting feeling about your pregnancy. I wasn't married with either of my first two children. We were together as a couple but didn't get married until after I had our second child. We didn't have our own home either, we rented. We lived paycheck to paycheck. I would NEVER use this as a reason to not have a child. You have said you would be a great mom and that you and your partner love each other. THAT is what matters! Take a chance! A baby is a gift from God or whoever you believe in!! You can do it; people do it all the time, and with much less than you have! As for your mental state; your conflicting feeling show that you are thinking this through, both for yourself and your unborn child. That is a sign of mental stability if you ask me. ;)

Good luck to you and keep us posted! I wish you the best as always.

Edited by Dorian

My dearest friends. Today is my 1 year surgevarsary. I day i was looking forward to, but one which came with so much mixed emotions! So let me just spill it. I found out I am pregnant! This is my first pregnancy. dde33 It is unplanned. Only told my partner yet, nobody else. And noe you guys. I am both happy and scared and a bit upset. And worried. Because it is not a good time now. We just bought our first house, moving in a month's time. But we're not married. But we have been planning it (our plan was exactly this easter weekend next year!). Although nothing concrete as we have to save up, this house is a big thing. And now the pregnancy. Honestly i dont know what to do. I cant speak with my mum about it, because if we decide not to keep it (a reality, unfortunately, due to financial circumstances), they will be devastated. I cannot do that to them. I cannot do that to us. But also, the reality of it happening. What a crazy day! I was looking so forward to the day i would get pregnant. And now, this day of all days, it's not as i envisioned. I am also worried whether it would be fair to a child seeing that i am mentally not at my best - although i am much better than 6 months ago. On the other hand, if i end the pregnancy, i am so mortified that it will have a dire effect on my emotional state especially with regards to my partner. What if i come to loathe him for it? We love each other very much. And i know i would be a great mum. And i know people say a lot of the times "it is never the right time", but now is honestly not a good time! Friends I dont know what to do! I am like a deer caught in headlights. Please give me some sound advice. And dont be too harsh on me, i am very emotional right now, and well, yeah. What an anniversary, hey? (Plus I am not yet at goal weight, have lost about 115 pounds if i'm not mistaken, need to lose about 40 more - but this wont have an effect on my decision, i am quite relaxed about the weight issue now).

I have lost twins! A total of 4 babies all together in my lifetime and you are talking about abortion!? I'm sorry my normal opinion of a woman's right to chose doesn't apply here. You were blessed with something I can't apparently be blessed with and you wanna throw it away!? I lost not 1 but 2 babies in Oct and I was in a wonderful place and my mental health has suffered ever sense. I have no words.

First of all, congrats on the weight loss. I am like you; I need to loose more but am OK where I'm at. Great job!

Second of all, I am very sorry you are having conflicting feeling about your pregnancy. I wasn't married with either of my first two children. We were together as a couple but didn't get married until after I had our second child. We didn't have our own home either, we rented. We lived paycheck to paycheck. I would NEVER use this as a reason to not have a child. You have said you would be a great mom and that you and your partner love each other. THAT is what matters! Take a chance! A baby is a gift from God or whoever you believe in!! You can do it; people do it all the time, and with much less than you have! As for your mental state; your conflicting feeling show that you are thinking this through, both for yourself and your unborn child. That is a sign of mental stability if you ask me. ;)

Good luck to you and keep us posted! I wish you the best as always.

I'm a junie but want to agree with Dorian! I am so proud of you Obeasta for sharing your true feelings and reaching out for support. If that isn't mental stabiliry what is? Babies are a treasure. Having never been able to conceive and always wanting to be a mom more than anything, don't throw your gift away. There is always adoption to consider. My two siblings are adopted and I adore them. There are so many people who would love to have a child and can't so please consider that option too.

I again am very proud of you for reaching out to your friends.

Prayers being sent up for you that you get peace whatever you decide.

Oh no

Edited by Krystal7k