Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Nine months was the 11th :)

Wow! Looking great!

My spirits are up I finally went back to work today after be off for two months had emergency surgery in December I also had a scope and a colonascopy I got super sick and super weak my weight dropped down to 110lbs my intestines stopped working and scarred shut was in and out of the hospital well I think it is happening again starting vomiting and super nauseous so im going in for another scope im getting so sick of this im about to tell them to reverse it

Wow...maybe time for a new doc...or have you tried that? Hope you feel beter.

My spirits are up I finally went back to work today after be off for two months had emergency surgery in December I also had a scope and a colonascopy I got super sick and super weak my weight dropped down to 110lbs my intestines stopped working and scarred shut was in and out of the hospital well I think it is happening again starting vomiting and super nauseous so im going in for another scope im getting so sick of this im about to tell them to reverse it

Wow sorry you are having complications! :( Hope they can get you feeling better. Can be depressing not to feel good; this I know all too well. Hang in there and keep us posted so we can support you! ♥

Ok so here is my update. I had told u guys we were moving and getting sent from FL to CO. Ok so we sold our house but weren't set to leave til Jan cause that's when the military was sending us. We spent 6 weeks in a tiny rental condo as we sold our house and had to get out and we spent the holidays between family. We left FL about 2 weeks ago and went to see my family and came to KY to see his kids and take em on a ski trip. Tomorrow we leave and head to CO. It's been totally exhausting for the last 2 months and although we weren't truly homeless we were transients and I can't wait til we find a house in CO and I can have the movers deliver all of our things! I want my bed!! Right now I think I'm struggling with a bit of depression from all that's been going on and the reality of the life change. I've not checked my weight on the scales in awhile so no idea how I am weight wise even tho I feel I might be ok. I'm usually kinda upbeat but I'm struggling. I'm going bald! I have my bald patch I try to hide and I'm down to about a 1/3 of my hair. Over all I think it's all gonna be ok. Gotta get settled and the stress outta life and find a new job when we get into where ever we will live. I did my challenge of skiing and I can say I hated it. Learned a lot about a lot also!

Hope y'all are doing well. Love u guys all!!

Here's my bald beauty

It's tough to feel 'homeless'. This time of year doesn't help either. My brother lives in Breckenridge CO and loves it. He said they're having their snowiest winter in years - and they are no stranger to snow! They measure it in feet, not inches! It may be different where you're going. My brother's town is WAY up there around 10,000ft. When my son visited him a couple years ago he had to use oxygen canisters for a few days till his body adjusted to the high elevation. :-)

Beautiful state w/excellent Mexican food! :-)

My 8 month was on the 21st. Still at 132lbs total lost. Stuck at 208 for a long time now. Have been also having some back and leg pain again lately which doesn't help. Am laying around more. Can't wait to feel at least 80% and for the weather to get better so I can get out and walk! Hope everyone is doing well!! Hugs!

I'm feeling the cold so much more this year and it doesn't help that we're having a colder than normal winter. :-p. I can't wait till Spring so I can walk outside! I usually hate the summer but maybe this year will be different. I'm looking forward to feeling the warmth of the sun again! :-)

I know what you mean about the cold weather. I usually don't like the heat, but since surgery I'm always cold. I'm in NC and it will finally be over 25 today. That is cold here. Maybe I can get out to walk today.

I'm feeling the cold so much more this year and it doesn't help that we're having a colder than normal winter. :-p. I can't wait till Spring so I can walk outside! I usually hate the summer but maybe this year will be different. I'm looking forward to feeling the warmth of the sun again! :-)

I'm with ya! I used to love winter and hate summer. Now i am always freezing and think summer may be nice this year! NEVER thought I'd say that! LOL

Wow sorry you are having complications! :( Hope they can get you feeling better. Can be depressing not to feel good; this I know all too well. Hang in there and keep us posted so we can support you! ♥

Well here's my update I haven't changed doctors yet but been looking around last night was a horrible night I started feeling sick and started vomiting next thing I know im puking blood and either pass out in the bathroom or fall asleep my husband found me around 4am I didn't go to the hospital because they will just say its Constipation I hate the hospital in my town and lack of doctors who know about gastric bypass

Wow, it's been forever it seems since I've had the the time to come out to check on my fellow April surgery mates it has been 9 months for me on Jan 8 and so far only have lost between 105-110 lbs, my life schedule as well as the winter weather here in the Northeast has put a huge dent in my exercising. I work a full time job (9-5) and now am going back to school nights (online so that's from 6pm-12 or 1am sometimes) and then as many of you guys mentioned it has been colder than usual this winter, and I thought I was the only one experiencing this but I too am always freezing now since my surgery (people don't understand how drastic a change that is for me) as like several of you mentioned that you use to love the cold or winter, for me it wasn't about loving it, it was I was always hot and sweating really bad I use to turn on my a/c in the winter or a fan that's how bad it was for me but now I'm always so cold and the worse part is we can't turn the heat on in the house because we put a new roof on the house (mobile home I should say) and we haven't found the right pipe to extend furnace/chimney pipe up above the new roof so we can't turn the furnace on or we will cause a fire or cause the exhaust to backup into he house so we have been trying to survive with small heaters but those are no match for literally an ice box. But I of have an electric blanket that my best friend told me to buy and that has been my saving grace a lot so far when it gets so bad I can't take it, but through all that crap the thing I hate the most is I am stuck bouncing around up and down the same weight for several weeks to months now and it's making me crazy, I had to quit the gym because I didn't have the time with work and school but I just found something that I want to try out and see if it might help me, it's called Daily Burn, I don't know if anyone has seen those commercials but you can do the video workouts anywhere, cause you can stream them on your TV, game consoles, iPhone, etc. so I thought I might try that so maybe I can squeeze some kind of exercising in my routine somewhere. I just can't wait for warmer weather to get here....

Well here's my update I haven't changed doctors yet but been looking around last night was a horrible night I started feeling sick and started vomiting next thing I know im puking blood and either pass out in the bathroom or fall asleep my husband found me around 4am I didn't go to the hospital because they will just say its Constipation I hate the hospital in my town and lack of doctors who know about gastric bypass

Krystal, you need to keep after the dr until they take care of you! Obviously something is wrong and needs to be taken care of! Keep pursuing it and don't give up. Thinking of you!

Wow, it's been forever it seems since I've had the the time to come out to check on my fellow April surgery mates it has been 9 months for me on Jan 8 and so far only have lost between 105-110 lbs, my life schedule as well as the winter weather here in the Northeast has put a huge dent in my exercising. I work a full time job (9-5) and now am going back to school nights (online so that's from 6pm-12 or 1am sometimes) and then as many of you guys mentioned it has been colder than usual this winter, and I thought I was the only one experiencing this but I too am always freezing now since my surgery (people don't understand how drastic a change that is for me) as like several of you mentioned that you use to love the cold or winter, for me it wasn't about loving it, it was I was always hot and sweating really bad I use to turn on my a/c in the winter or a fan that's how bad it was for me but now I'm always so cold and the worse part is we can't turn the heat on in the house because we put a new roof on the house (mobile home I should say) and we haven't found the right pipe to extend furnace/chimney pipe up above the new roof so we can't turn the furnace on or we will cause a fire or cause the exhaust to backup into he house so we have been trying to survive with small heaters but those are no match for literally an ice box. But I of have an electric blanket that my best friend told me to buy and that has been my saving grace a lot so far when it gets so bad I can't take it, but through all that crap the thing I hate the most is I am stuck bouncing around up and down the same weight for several weeks to months now and it's making me crazy, I had to quit the gym because I didn't have the time with work and school but I just found something that I want to try out and see if it might help me, it's called Daily Burn, I don't know if anyone has seen those commercials but you can do the video workouts anywhere, cause you can stream them on your TV, game consoles, iPhone, etc. so I thought I might try that so maybe I can squeeze some kind of exercising in my routine somewhere. I just can't wait for warmer weather to get here....

You are not alone in the freezing for sure. I think we are all kinda stuck and fluctuating between a few pounds but once this frigid weather leaves I plan to be walking ALOT! Hang in there; we have time to lose more and we can do it! ;)

It's tough to feel 'homeless'. This time of year doesn't help either. My brother lives in Breckenridge CO and loves it. He said they're having their snowiest winter in years - and they are no stranger to snow! They measure it in feet, not inches! It may be different where you're going. My brother's town is WAY up there around 10,000ft. When my son visited him a couple years ago he had to use oxygen canisters for a few days till his body adjusted to the high elevation. :-) Beautiful state w/excellent Mexican food! :-)

We got here yesterday thank The Lord! Very pretty but yes the altitude is a big rough. We are all having headaches. Some nose bleeds for me and occasionally feeling like I struggle to take a full deep breath. Looking for a home. We have 10 days to get a place cause we are in temp lodging. So far so good. My husband is excited about the Mexican food! We have had any in forever and another snow storm tonight lol

I'm so sorry u are going through this. I hope they can get you fixed up soon. Prayers and hugs for u!!

I'm so sorry u are going through this. I hope they can get you fixed up soon. Prayers and hugs for u!!

I hope so too I really feel like im slowly dieing from the inside

I hope so too I really feel like im slowly dieing from the inside

Find someone that will help you my friend and do it quickly! Hugs and love to you!♥