Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Oe, i want to say another thing. Let's do a group activity.

My challenge is this for us all: when you are on the exact date of your surgery this month, take a pic of yourself on that day and post it here.

Let us all see how far each have come in 9 months. Post a before pic as well.

I will do mine on the 17th, as i had my surgery on the 17th. If your date has already passed, please so it soon as you can!

Please please please ladies, join me in this???

xxxx

I'm also on the 17th

Yay so glad some of you gonna join in!!

What an improvement girl, wow!!

Would like to see you all's photos!

I am going to copy a question here i just asked on the main page. In case you miss it and you can perhaps help me out with advice, please.

Friends please help me. I've been seriously constipated the last week.

Only pooped once and it wasnt a lot. It was kind of like clay and greenish in colour.

I've been having a few stool softeners, but it isnt doing the trick. Is it safe for me to take a laxative like laxa? I am 9 months post op. never had a probem like this.

Please help!!!

Tried flaxseeds as well, nothing, feel so bloated!

They told me Miralax

Two weeks ago I had this same problem. Took miralax for 5 days and nothing happened! Tried mom too with nothing. Finally on day 8, yes day 8, I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate and 3 hours later it worked! It kept working and working for the entire day but at least I was cleaned out! LOL

Since then no trouble. I don't understand why that happens since I basically eat the same things everyday. Good luck cuz it's no fun!

Well I just have to tell you that I've the past few days the scales hv of been so nice. I have gained 3 pounds and then as of this morning back down 1. So as I have been really depressed over this someone just made my day. One of my customer (very nice looking I must add) just called me over to tell me how good I was looking and to congratulate me on my 110 pound loss. I was a little took by this because I am not use to the compliments but it sure made me feel good. So I guess I can get over the couple of pounds for today!!

Well I just have to tell you that I've the past few days the scales hv of been so nice. I have gained 3 pounds and then as of this morning back down 1. So as I have been really depressed over this someone just made my day. One of my customer (very nice looking I must add) just called me over to tell me how good I was looking and to congratulate me on my 110 pound loss. I was a little took by this because I am not use to the compliments but it sure made me feel good. So I guess I can get over the couple of pounds for today!!

It's always nice to get compliments. You do look great. When was your surgery?

Hey guys..most of you know I lost my niece on the 4th...she was 24. She was an incredibly creative soul, and she created a holiday calendar...365 days of funny, poignant, crazy holidays. I will post each days holiday..follow along!

Jan. 16th:

Don't be afraid of being afraid day.

Love all you!

Hey guys..most of you know I lost my niece on the 4th...she was 24. She was an incredibly creative soul, and she created a holiday calendar...365 days of funny, poignant, crazy holidays. I will post each days holiday..follow along!

Jan. 16th:

Don't be afraid of being afraid day.

Love all you!

Hope you are doing ok. That is a seriously special gift she left you all and I hope it gives you some peace my friend. Hugs and much love!♥

Two weeks ago I had this same problem. Took miralax for 5 days and nothing happened! Tried mom too with nothing. Finally on day 8, yes day 8, I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate and 3 hours later it worked! It kept working and working for the entire day but at least I was cleaned out! LOL

Since then no trouble. I don't understand why that happens since I basically eat the same things everyday. Good luck cuz it's no fun!

Good heavens! With all that cleaning out did you lose a couple pounds instantly? Lol

Good heavens! With all that cleaning out did you lose a couple pounds instantly? Lol

I thought for sure I would but nope. I keep fluctuating between 210 and 208. Can't seem to break it. Wish I could do more walking but we have too much snow and I don't need to fall!! Tried my walk away the pounds video and just did the walking and not all the other stuff. Did it 2 times this week and went good so maybe that will help! ;)

I haven't told people this but I'm so depressed it's crazy I hate everything I spend all my time in bed I have no will to do anything

I thought for sure I would but nope. I keep fluctuating between 210 and 208. Can't seem to break it. Wish I could do more walking but we have too much snow and I don't need to fall!! Tried my walk away the pounds video and just did the walking and not all the other stuff. Did it 2 times this week and went good so maybe that will help! ;)

I'm in limbo also. Seeing a dermatologist weds to see what we can do with my bald spots all over my head. If they keep getting any bigger I won't even be able to get hair extensions!

I haven't told people this but I'm so depressed it's crazy I hate everything I spend all my time in bed I have no will to do anything

I'm so sorry you are feeling down Krystal. :( I definitely understand your pain as I deal with this myself. Have you sought any professional help? I am on an antidepressant which really helps most of the time. You have just gotten your body healthy, now time for your mind to follow. Please talk to someone and know that I am here to listen and help in any way I can. Thinking of you girl; stay strong my friend. ♥