Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Mama make sure u get some rest too. Glad your baby is doing well.

Going to sleep now while he is!

Dorian... So happy that your LTD is FINALLY approved and glad the worst for your son and family appears to be over.

Ajustice... What a difficult and emotional thing to deal with. It's amazing how the surgery really forces us to confront that part of our lives.

I appreciate the advice about the 3 month mark. I would be lying if I didn't say that I too have had a difficult couple of days. Today was so emotional for me I had to leave my office and sit outside for 15 minutes and just cry. On top of it all the week is not looking much better. tomorrow i have my uncles funeral (which my work would only give me two hours off for) and then counseling Thursday which is always VERY emotional for me. The crying helped me compose myself but I had a difficult time making good food choices. I didn't want to eat and when I decided I would all I wanted was junk. I did eat a lettuce wrap but then had a handful of huckleberry popcorn. I feel extremely guilty now and disappointed in myself because I have been stalled again for days... I'll never lose if that is how I eat... I don't know good days seem to far away to look forward to...

Dorian congrats about the LTD and your son doing well in surgery continued prayers!

We are on our first vacation since my surgery and so far are having a great time we went for a nice dinner at the lobster pot and they were great...they let me order a lobster tail on the side so it was much cheaper than a full meal that I wouldn't be able to eat and I ate my hubbies veggies it was soooo good and I felt good afterwards I ate just the right amount :) then we came back to the hotel and went for a night swim in their heated outdoor pool ....my daughter loved it and then she passed right out when we put her in her pack and play lol she keeps saying "I have so much fun" :) tomorrow is great escape and the Water park ...it feels good to be able to do so much more than I have in the past year or so ...def loving life right now !!!

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 317lbs

My son just got out of surgery and did well. He was massively infected and had alot of pus. There may be a blockage further down which the bloodwork tomorrow will show. Then it is off to madison for a special test and then ?? Forgot to ask. If not he can probably come home. Im so bone tired and ive eaten shit the last two days. Hope I lose some more pounds! Thanks all.

Glad everything was taken care of and good luck tomorrow.

Fighting a serious case of head hunger today !!! Wtf. Sorry just had to get that out

Thats enough to stress anyone out. Sorry that happened to you. We are all food addicts I think. Im glad you were able to move past it. Having a slim trim healthy you will be so much better than the 15 minutes of joy from having the chocolate. Keep it up girl!

I love u guys. I don't know what I would so without this outlet

Dorian... So happy that your LTD is FINALLY approved and glad the worst for your son and family appears to be over.

Ajustice... What a difficult and emotional thing to deal with. It's amazing how the surgery really forces us to confront that part of our lives.

I appreciate the advice about the 3 month mark. I would be lying if I didn't say that I too have had a difficult couple of days. Today was so emotional for me I had to leave my office and sit outside for 15 minutes and just cry. On top of it all the week is not looking much better. tomorrow i have my uncles funeral (which my work would only give me two hours off for) and then counseling Thursday which is always VERY emotional for me. The crying helped me compose myself but I had a difficult time making good food choices. I didn't want to eat and when I decided I would all I wanted was junk. I did eat a lettuce wrap but then had a handful of huckleberry popcorn. I feel extremely guilty now and disappointed in myself because I have been stalled again for days... I'll never lose if that is how I eat... I don't know good days seem to far away to look forward to...

I'm so sorry for your loss of your uncle. The crying does help tho..I was almost embarrassed to tell you guys on here how I was feeling cause I didn't want anyone to think I'm crazy and my husband would just worry and honestly I think he's half puzzled about me nowadays after surgery. I just want u to know I'm here if u need a ear. I'm thankful for the support all you guys have given me. Girl..I think if u just hand a bit of the popcorn u are gonna be totally fine..tomorrow is another day we all get to start anew. It is difficult on so many levels to follow the guide of our new food lifestyle with so many things around us. Commercials, signs, daily interactions with people around us that centered around meals in the past, emotional comfort seeking in our food,and convenience. I feel u on the stall and how it's hard to remain positive. Just know u aren't alone in it. Hope counseling helps I'm gonna start back myself.

Fighting a serious case of head hunger today !!! Wtf. Sorry just had to get that out

It's contagious lol yes maybe it's the phase we are hitting now in our ability to start in taking more/different foods. Idk but indeed I'm struggling too

It's contagious lol yes maybe it's the phase we are hitting now in our ability to start in taking more/different foods. Idk but indeed I'm struggling too

Yeah, I agree! It got the best of me today too, I was trolling websites for some new recipes. I tried eggplant lasagna, and now my family might not ever let me cook again! I am a very good cook but apparently not with eggplant. Lol!!!

Thanks Kelli for the support!

As for you my friend, dont be so hard on yourself! This is still new to all of us and it is a huge life change. We arent going to change the eating habits we had for years in just a few short months. One slip up doesn't define our success! Learning to deal with emotional eating changes I think is going to be the hardest. I wasnt a huge emotional eater so I dont have any personal advice. You need to find a substitute for food when you are down, something that makes you happy. Pick yourself up and smile. You WILL get used to this all and find ways to deal. I have faith in you Kelli! :) Hugs!

Dorian congrats about the LTD and your son doing well in surgery continued prayers!

We are on our first vacation since my surgery and so far are having a great time we went for a nice dinner at the lobster pot and they were great...they let me order a lobster tail on the side so it was much cheaper than a full meal that I wouldn't be able to eat and I ate my hubbies veggies it was soooo good and I felt good afterwards I ate just the right amount :) then we came back to the hotel and went for a night swim in their heated outdoor pool ....my daughter loved it and then she passed right out when we put her in her pack and play lol she keeps saying "I have so much fun" :) tomorrow is great escape and the Water park ...it feels good to be able to do so much more than I have in the past year or so ...def loving life right now !!!

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 317lbs

Thanks Pebulz! Glad you are feeling good and having a ball. ENJOY IT!

My son had a good night and is still snoring away. The lab came and drew blood so when the surgeon comes I will know what the plan is. I pray that he can go home. I DO NOT want to spend another day in a hospital! And im pretty sure he doesn't either. I miss my dogs! I called home and talked to my "Boo", one of the Yorkies. My daughter said he just ran around in circles wagging his tail at full speed. I think he misses me too. Thanks for being so great and giving me support. You are all awesome!

Yeah' date=' I agree! It got the best of me today too, I was trolling websites for some new recipes. I tried eggplant lasagna, and now my family might not ever let me cook again! I am a very good cook but apparently not with eggplant. Lol!!![/quote']

Wow and I was about to try the zucchini lasagna lol I will avoid the eggplant then :) I Think so much if this I'd like learning all over again how to cook..how to live..it's trial and error I think

Ong I feel so sick I had salad for dinner and it went down great and about 20 min later I started feeling nauseas I took zofran but it won't go away after...I alsi realized a few min ago last time I ate salad the same thing happened ...ugghh hate feeling sick anyone else have this happen with salad ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RNYTalk

if I put chicken in it does the same to me. made a grilled chicken salad for family had a small portion picked most of the chicken out and ate a few pieces and omg. but I have had this problem with chicken from day one.

if I put chicken in it does the same to me. made a grilled chicken salad for family had a small portion picked most of the chicken out and ate a few pieces and omg. but I have had this problem with chicken from day one.

Yep chicken is my number one no no food now. It hasn't settled good since surgery nor do I like the texture. It just tastes bland and dry no matter what I've done with it and it seems to hurt after eating it.