Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I think it would be nice to do a one year get together...

The only problem would be where

8 weeks post op today! ^_^

I think we could do next April somewhere warm. I'm in Texas and it's pretty warm here at that time but I was thinking maybe somewhere by a beach. Gulf shores, Alabama is a pretty place...

Thanks for all the encouragement. I do think its cause I have a moment to look up with my kiddo gone. I'm still working alot between my 1 day with peds and working hospice. I just feel off kilter a bit. Tomorrow makes 8 weeks and I feel I should have done a bit better than I have.

Need some prayers today..in not sure if its pms or what but I'm seriously fighting moodiness and I wouldn't say depression but just feeling down. I'm missing my kiddo who has been gone 2 weeks now and has a few more weeks to go. I've hit this wall weight wise and I've done it all right. Idk but I just feel like I need some me time. Having just feelings like I'm stretched thin and I'm not totally sure why cause things are actually a tad slower since my kiddo went out to visit his grandparents. Hoping the husband gets his bandages and stitches out tomorrow and back to mobility. It's kinda no fun feeling like I'm doing it all.

Awe hang in there! We all go thru it so it is great we have each other. ((((Hugs))))

Bad day. In the er with my son. He will be having emergency gallbladder removal shortly. Please send prayers our way.

Bad day. In the er with my son. He will be having emergency gallbladder removal shortly. Please send prayers our way.

Prayers going out, everything will be ok! I had mine out Dec 18 2009 and cooked Christmas dinner, baked six cheesecakes, decorated Cookies and made five candies. So he will be up and running in no time.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 292 RNY 4/11/13<br />

Prayers going out' date=' everything will be ok! I had mine out Dec 18 2009 and cooked Christmas dinner, baked six cheesecakes, decorated Cookies and made five candies. So he will be up and running in no time.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 292 RNY 4/11/13<br />[/quote']

I had mine out last year too. It sucks because he was to start work today. Figures huh!

Sorry I'm a little late.

My name is Nicole. I am 30 years old been married 5 years. Our anniversary was Saturday which was the reason for the delay. I have had 5 miscarriages and after the third was diagnosed with diabetes and sent straight to insulin. After the 4th we decided to look into the surgery. My mother passed away 21 months ago of cancer and all she asked was I take care of my body. Hell or high Water I will make this work for me.

I am from middle eastern decent and my husband is a 5 year freshy in the us. So I'm having a little trouble making our ethnic foods fit. But one day at a time.

We had a small kitchen fire a month prior to surgery. We won't be back home til September. Lots of trials and tribulations. But I'm strong ill make it thru!!

I am glad to know each and everyone of you although my husband is super supportive, it's different when you talk to someone who's been thru it.

Thanks for being here for me.

STILL in the er!. They had to another ultrasound, and then he will be transferred to a Madison hospital. He needs another test of his pancreas and all the ducts. This is because his liver function test came back way out of whack. What a long day. Its hard watching a child in pain, even though he is 22, and 6'4". He is still my little boy!

STILL in the er!. They had to another ultrasound' date=' and then he will be transferred to a Madison hospital. He needs another test of his pancreas and all the ducts. This is because his liver function test came back way out of whack. What a long day. Its hard watching a child in pain, even though he is 22, and 6'4". He is still my little boy![/quote']

I hope there is nothing more serious than his gallbladder. Gallbladder removal is so routine and young people recover pretty quickly. It doesn't matter how old your baby is - he is still your baby and it's hard to see them suffering. And moms worry about them so! I hope all goes well and he's feeling better soon... and you, too!

Both my girls had their gallbladders out. Dawn two years ago an Heather last summer. Dawn's was definitely more severe. She was having two bad attacks (and sometimes more) per week but didn't want to schedule surgery because she was also in the middle of rare cataract removal and lens replacement (complete with lazik) on both eyes. (Thank you O'Bama for letting them stay on my insurance until 26yrs!). Heather had the same thing a year later - both the rare cataract development and the gallbladder removal. Twins!!!!

STILL in the er!. They had to another ultrasound' date=' and then he will be transferred to a Madison hospital. He needs another test of his pancreas and all the ducts. This is because his liver function test came back way out of whack. What a long day. Its hard watching a child in pain, even though he is 22, and 6'4". He is still my little boy![/quote']

Prayers for your son. I hope he gets some relief and they have the answers to help him soon.

Prayers to you all and for a speedy recovery. Mine came out with my rny and I have felt much Much MUCH better!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Need some prayers today..in not sure if its pms or what but I'm seriously fighting moodiness and I wouldn't say depression but just feeling down. I'm missing my kiddo who has been gone 2 weeks now and has a few more weeks to go. I've hit this wall weight wise and I've done it all right. Idk but I just feel like I need some me time. Having just feelings like I'm stretched thin and I'm not totally sure why cause things are actually a tad slower since my kiddo went out to visit his grandparents. Hoping the husband gets his bandages and stitches out tomorrow and back to mobility. It's kinda no fun feeling like I'm doing it all.

Well, hang in there, you are tough. Take care of yourself first, so you will be ready when your child comes back and while hubby is on the mend.

Prayers go out for your son, Dorian, and the family as well.