Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I guess I'm a slow loser....dang it! I was excited to lose 17 lbs@ 2 weeks but now it has been 4 weeks and I've lost 20. Anyone around that number?

Make me feel better! Haha

I had my surgery April 1 and I've definitely lost less than you have!

HW 296 - SW 266.3 (4/1/13) - CW 249

What did your Dr do? Mine opened once he took the staple out and he left it open to empty out and on its own and my hubby has to clean it once a day and make sure it stays open and i took cipro for a week and go back tomorrow to see what we are to do about the inch and half hole in my tummy lol im sure it will need ti be packed and changed daily with saline Water soaked sterile packing or something

Pebulz he numbed it locally slit open the incision site and drained it. Then he packed it and covered it up. I go back to see him Friday morning. And he just said if it soaks thru to change the top layer. I will have to do that tomorrow. I was wondering about that too and asked him if he sows me back up and he said no that it just kinda binds back together! Idk! I am very quesy so I just kinda want it to go away lol. Just glad I'm not leaking all over the place anymore. Good luck.

Pebulz he numbed it locally slit open the incision site and drained it. Then he packed it and covered it up. I go back to see him Friday morning. And he just said if it soaks thru to change the top layer. I will have to do that tomorrow. I was wondering about that too and asked him if he sows me back up and he said no that it just kinda binds back together! Idk! I am very quesy so I just kinda want it to go away lol. Just glad I'm not leaking all over the place anymore. Good luck.

Wow you leave the same gauze inside it until friday? What antibiotics did he put u on if any?

Post op appointment done. Down 18 lbs. Got scrips for B12' date=' Vitamin D3, and Iron. Also start calcium citrate. Is now ok to progress diet, so basically just about anything I want I can have. I just need to eat slow and chew well. And need to keep things healthy and lowfat of course. Can have no more than half a cup at meals, 3 times a day. Ready to move on and get back to eating normally. I'm alittle afraid, so I will be taking it slow.[/quote']

What did he say about the Water, ? Will it stretch your pouch

What did he say about the water' date='? Will it stretch your pouch[/quote']

I can take regular drinks as long as it doesn't cause discomfort, but should really try to remember to sip. Also don't take several gulps in a row. It won't stretech your pouch cuz it don't stay in there long. It kinda passes through.

In the first two weeks I lost almost 20 pounds. Now in my 3rd week - since I started eating puréed and soft food I am standing still. Not losing for a week now! Is that normal? I have bowel movements every second day and all seems fine in that department.

It must be the food I am having, but I am hardly eating though! So discouraging.

What is gonna happen when I start eating "normal" food again?? PICK up weight?? Oh man I am so freaked out!

10 days post op.

Still in regret. :(

Lost 24 pounds since surgery, doesn't make up for what I've been thru.

In the first two weeks I lost almost 20 pounds. Now in my 3rd week - since I started eating puréed and soft food I am standing still. Not losing for a week now! Is that normal? I have bowel movements every second day and all seems fine in that department.

It must be the food I am having' date=' but I am hardly eating though! So discouraging.

What is gonna happen when I start eating "normal" food again?? PICK up weight?? Oh man I am so freaked out!

[/quote']

It's normal to stall for a week or more during the first month. Don't worry it will pick up again, just keep doing what you're supposed to. ;)

Wow you leave the same gauze inside it until friday? What antibiotics did he put u on if any?

Yea he put me on levofloxacin. Idk I trust him so I just have to keep up with he knows best. I had an appt for today he had me change to tomorrow.

Salsa tastes good on a crap load of things lol. Also at a stall after losing 30 not including Water weight from hospital and sugar does not bother me i ran out if posicles so i had one of the kids ice pops gonna have to watch that

Hi There....My surgery was April 22....released to go home that Thursday and was back in the hospital for emergency surgery early Saturday morning. I developed a hernia through one of the larger incision sites. I could not even eat a ice chip or take a tiny sip of Water without having bad abdomen and back pain for hours until it could pass through. What does your pain feel like...is it constant after you eat or drink anything? If you feel like your Drs office is not listening to you or taking you serious....i would go to the ER and have them run test. My hernia was not visable in xray....but showed up in a Cat Scan. Good Luck and hope you get some relief soon. xoxoxo

I had a reversal may 3 sleeve to bypass and ice chips are a big no no for bypass causes spasms in yr stomach what surgery did u have

I had a reversal may 3 sleeve to bypass and ice chips are a big no no for bypass causes spasms in yr stomach what surgery did u have

I had ice chips in the hospital, and use ice all the time. Don't have any problems with it at all

I had ice chips in the hospital' date=' and use ice all the time. Don't have any problems with it at all[/quote']

I love ice

Yea he put me on levofloxacin. Idk I trust him so I just have to keep up with he knows best. I had an appt for today he had me change to tomorrow.

Thats me! i trust my dr and he knows whats best for me and thats great you trust yours im sure he knows what he is doing too! I am on the way to my drs now a little freaked cause i dont know what to expect my hubby says it looks good and isnt draining as much but it is closing a little so.im hoping he doesnt have to reopen it at all!

I had ice chips in the hospital' date=' and use ice all the time. Don't have any problems with it at all[/quote']

Excuse me when I had the sleeve yes I had ice chips best thing ever but just had bypass and my Dr. Who is top in my state said ice causes spasms and it makes sense , I was only sharing