Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To log, or not to log

you must not have been privy to the what are you eating tonight thread where the brilliant ideas of whoppers and fries and pizza and wings are there for the non-judging.

check it out - it’s brilliant.

You crack me up! That thread makes me shake my head at times. We all lose no matter we eat for the first few months after surgery. It's the rest of your life where it really makes a difference in results. I use MFP to make sure I get my Protein & keeping my diary open helps me be accountable. It also helps me see where I can improve my carb & fat choices

Love that you're trying not to obsess. It worries me a bit how obsessive some people become post RNY and band. I am using MFP. You'll notice a day is occasionally skipped, like when I'm camping or something. Won't kill me I miss a day or meal here or there but I have discovered I tend to over guess my Protein and MFP keeps me honest with myself. But again, I'm trying not to obsess about it and be crazy.....

My issue with weight watchers in the past is that I would obsess over points and if I was under for the day, I would figure out what "fun" way I could spend those last 3 or 4 points. I think that's how I developed a night time eating habit, because I'd realize I had some point I could spend at 8pm and would snack in front of the tv. I *never* did that before.

I'm just afraid tracking food will lead to calorie counting, which will lead to me finding ways to sneak in bad stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

You crack me up! That thread makes me shake my head at times. We all lose no matter we eat for the first few months after surgery. It's the rest of your life where it really makes a difference in results. I use MFP to make sure I get my Protein & keeping my diary open helps me be accountable. It also helps me see where I can improve my carb & fat choices

what amazes me is the people that aren’t upset about it...

I know the first 18-24 months it’s my body doing all the work - and after that it’s ALL UP TO ME...

what amazes me is the people that aren’t upset about it...

I know the first 18-24 months it’s my body doing all the work - and after that it’s ALL UP TO ME...

They get more upset if you question the not too healthy choices than if you make them ...unbelievable

I'm early on as a post-op & use Lose It to keep track of nutrients & daily calories. I don't feel obsessive about what I'm eating, but I noticed I was getting obsessive about weighing myself, so I'm trying to curb that!

I don't log anything. I do write down on a board on my fridge the amount of Protein I eat a day and Fluid intake that's it. My nut doesn't want me counting calories. She said it could lead to bad habits again to meet the calorie goal. This is my personal choice to not log. I am 4 months post op and have lost 84 pounds.

Also just to throw in about what I hear about people eating....I think it's crazy that you would even want to try and see what you can get away with. I carry Protein Bars with me all the time. So if I'm hungry I can eat and eat something that's good for me. If I have to go into a fast food restaurant I don't order anything and I just eat my bar. Other people eating food in front of me doesn't bother me anymore. I just think to myself "if they only knew what that is doing to them".

Also just to throw in about what I hear about people eating....I think it's crazy that you would even want to try and see what you can get away with.

Your directly quoting my husband - he said why bother having surgery if your already trying to “trick” the system - this is the last stop for me - and I will give it everything I have - I already have my before picture - I sure as heck don’t want it to look just like the after (with a few laproscopic scars added)

Also just to throw in about what I hear about people eating....I think it's crazy that you would even want to try and see what you can get away with.

Your directly quoting my husband - he said why bother having surgery if your already trying to “trick” the system - this is the last stop for me - and I will give it everything I have - I already have my before picture - I sure as heck don’t want it to look just like the after (with a few laproscopic scars added)

I agree with you. I didn't do this to go back to my old ways. I did this to become healthy. If I wanted to eat fast food, pizza, wings, and all that I would have just stayed the way I was. Dealt with my high blood pressure, diabetes, and all that. Everyone has the choice to eat what they want but if you're not going to follow the plan that was given to you, don't complain about not losing weight. I'm happy with my decision to have my surgery and was ready to give up all the food that made me the way I was. I will never go back to that again. That's just my opinion and sorry if I offended anyone.