Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay.... I'm freaking out because you all are losing great amounts of weight on your liquid diet! I'm on day 5 and all I've lost is 3 lbs!!! What am I doing wrong???? I'm even exercising daily... Very discouraged right now...

Okay.... I'm freaking out because you all are losing great amounts of weight on your liquid diet! I'm on day 5 and all I've lost is 3 lbs!!! What am I doing wrong???? I'm even exercising daily... Very discouraged right now...

Don't be discouraged...3lbs is still a lose. What does your diet consist of and when do you eat each meal? This might be the issue cause it was for me in the beginning.

Are everyone's Dr's requiring them to lose weight BEFORE surgery?

my dr is requiring me to lose weight before to make the surgery safer... I carry ALL of my weight in my belly so it's the size of someone who weights much more than I, plus I've had some other abdomen surgeries which also makes it a bit harder. Mostly I'm a bag full of risks... one of the reasons I want the surgery tho too!

I was doing the 3 shakes a day and was just having a hard time just like you mentioned before. This should help you and if you are still having issues come here and I'm sure we'll help you figure it out :)

thanks so much... it's a huge help having people here! my mom and husband are great but have no idea how to help sometimes.

i think my biggest obstacle now is going to be the stuff in the fridge... I visited my mom last weekend and have leftovers in the fridge and I also went to a store I don't have around home and got some not so good for you stuff... I feel terrible trowing it away because it cost so much... but at the same time... I don't really need to eat it... I wish I hadn't bought it!! I think I can get over throwing away the leftovers but the other stuff is much harder... I haven't eaten much of it.... if only my husband wasn't so picky, he'd eat it! I guess if I leave it in there a day or two more it won't be good any more anyway...

I threw tons of stuff away that I didn't need but once it's done you don't feel as guilty. You realize that you are doing this to be healthy. I really do hate the frig during this part. I live alone so I guess it's easier for me but my frig has only 3 things in it - chicken broth, jell-o, and bottled Water. I've pretty much have isolated myself during this part of the journey. Work has been challenging because of the candy drawer we have but I will walk around it to avoid it.

Heck, my mom had the surgery on Feb 5th and she has done everything so wrong. She wasn't as restricted as I was on my pre-op diet. This place has helped more than I realized until this last week because I am so close. We're here to help and I know that it's been a life saver ;)

Also, you might want to try using myfitnesspal.com. It helps you keep track of what you are eating and how much. It has helped me a bunch during this time.

Ok... I am starting to freak out. I am on day five of the liquid diet and have only lost three pounds! I'm seriously sticking to the diet.. Except that instead of five shakes a day I have only had four cuz I wasn't thirsty any more... If I'm failing now, what's gonna happen after the surgery. Discouraged :(

Right!! Me too...I'm going to cry on the day of surgery...I know it! Only in the car on the way to the hospital. My hubby has been my rock through all of this. I can't ask for a better husband. He will make sure I have my composure before I get there.

Surgery date: May 14' date=' 2013[/quote']

I'm afraid I'll do that too!!! I start the liquid diet on May 3. Next Frday!!!

I just received all my"food" that I purchased for my 2 week pre opt diet. It doesn't seem as bad as I thought it was going to be. My husband is doing the preopt diet with me as support. I start it on Wednesday. Even though some of you may not be losing weight on your diet you may be losing fat which will also help with surgery.

surgery date: May 14

I've been on my preop diet for 8 days. Feeling amazing!! Down 10.8lbs weighing in under 300! 297.4 to be exact. Can't believe surgery is on Thursday!! Ahhhhhh

42372118.png

I got the call yesterday that I need to be at the hospital at 830 Wednesday morning I can't believe it's this close having some issues with anxiety right now I haven't told many people I'm doing this bcz I didn't want the negative feedback and now I am feeling guilty .. Ugh

I got the call yesterday that I need to be at the hospital at 830 Wednesday morning I can't believe it's this close having some issues with anxiety right now I haven't told many people I'm doing this bcz I didn't want the negative feedback and now I am feeling guilty .. Ugh

Keep breathing! :). You are so close, and you have to keep us updated as you are the leader for May!!!!! Almost there. Normal to be anxious. Just keep remembering why u made this decision to begin with!! :)

HELP! I am getting negative responses from several people who know I'm surgery bound. One of my co-workers has been pulling all of her tricks out of the bag, almost trying to scare me out of moving forward. She keeps telling me that I am mutilating God's design, I will never be or look healthy again, I will never be able to eat more than two bites of anything, I'm going to have diarrhea for the rest of my life, I'll likely gain back all the weight, & so on. She frustrates me beyond belief & of course, is someone who has NEVER struggled a day in her life with her weight! I wish I hadn't mentioned it. I get so caught up in her shocking statements that I can't even focus at work. What are you all doing to cope with the negative ninnies in your life?

HELP! I am getting negative responses from several people who know I'm surgery bound. One of my co-workers has been pulling all of her tricks out of the bag' date=' almost trying to scare me out of moving forward. She keeps telling me that I am mutilating God's design, I will never be or look healthy again, I will never be able to eat more than two bites of anything, I'm going to have diarrhea for the rest of my life, I'll likely gain back all the weight, & so on. She frustrates me beyond belief & of course, is someone who has NEVER struggled a day in her life with her weight! I wish I hadn't mentioned it. I get so caught up in her shocking statements that I can't even focus at work. What are you all doing to cope with the negative ninnies in your life?[/quote']

I had the surgery 10 days ago my family kept trying to talk me out of it and telling me all the horror stories I don't have no regrets the first week is the hardest but i did it for me don't worry about what anybody else tell you do it for you it's not their life it will be ok