Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the surgery 10 days ago my family kept trying to talk me out of it and telling me all the horror stories I don't have no regrets the first week is the hardest but i did it for me don't worry about what anybody else tell you do it for you it's not their life it will be ok

Thanks. I am not doubting my decision at all. I have mostly positive & supportive people surrounding me, but I can't pick my co-workers! I haven't even told certain people, like my dad or my in-laws, because I have no clue how they'll react and if it's negative, I really don't want to deal with it. I will let them know once.surgery is scheduled, but until then, I feel like there's no point. I am most nervous about deciding when to tell my dad. I don't want to pull a last minute shocker, but I don't want weeks of crap from him either!

Thanks. I am not doubting my decision at all. I have mostly positive & supportive people surrounding me' date=' but I can't pick my co-workers! I haven't even told certain people, like my dad or my in-laws, because I have no clue how they'll react and if it's negative, I really don't want to deal with it. I will let them know once.surgery is scheduled, but until then, I feel like there's no point. I am most nervous about deciding when to tell my dad. I don't want to pull a last minute shocker, but I don't want weeks of crap from him either![/quote']

I wish I waited until the last minute to tell my husband all his neg.comments for 6 months not good

HELP! I am getting negative responses from several people who know I'm surgery bound. One of my co-workers has been pulling all of her tricks out of the bag' date=' almost trying to scare me out of moving forward. She keeps telling me that I am mutilating God's design, I will never be or look healthy again, I will never be able to eat more than two bites of anything, I'm going to have diarrhea for the rest of my life, I'll likely gain back all the weight, & so on. She frustrates me beyond belief & of course, is someone who has NEVER struggled a day in her life with her weight! I wish I hadn't mentioned it. I get so caught up in her shocking statements that I can't even focus at work. What are you all doing to cope with the negative ninnies in your life?[/quote']

Listen my best advice is to just plainly tell her to keep her negative two cents to her self cus there are not wanted I hate bitches that think they can fit every body's shoes she is what I call a hater because she know that you will look better then her that's all just think positive and remember why you chose this path in the first place you live for you not her some people a tell all I had a couple of those and I send them right to hell

Listen my best advice is to just plainly tell her to keep her negative two cents to her self cus there are not wanted I hate bitches that think they can fit every body's shoes she is what I call a hater because she know that you will look better then her that's all just think positive and remember why you chose this path in the first place you live for you not her some people a tell all I had a couple of those and I send them right to hell

Lol. I do need to keep my job! I already told her nicely last week that this topic is off limits at work, but she has kept it up this week, so it looks like it's time to get my boss involved. We have such a small & close knit staff that we usually talk about everything in our personal lives, but this has just gone too far.

I wish I waited until the last minute to tell my husband all his neg.comments for 6 months not good

I'm sorry to hear that. Is he supportive now? I don't think I could do this without my husband's support!

I got the call yesterday that I need to be at the hospital at 830 Wednesday morning I can't believe it's this close having some issues with anxiety right now I haven't told many people I'm doing this bcz I didn't want the negative feedback and now I am feeling guilty .. Ugh

That's what I'm worried about. To tell, or not to tell, that is the question.

Lol. I do need to keep my job! I already told her nicely last week that this topic is off limits at work' date=' but she has kept it up this week, so it looks like it's time to get my boss involved. We have such a small & close knit staff that we usually talk about everything in our personal lives, but this has just gone too far.[/quote']

Yes I know lol I really agree its time to kick up a notch speak to your boss and give him or her the heads up on that its just that some people just don't get it when you tell them to stop

Omg it 1 am and my 3 year old dose not want to go to bed now this little girl did not even take her nap today ether she has a lot of energy today or I am just getting really old lol

Omg it 1 am and my 3 year old dose not want to go to bed now this little girl did not even take her nap today ether she has a lot of energy today or I am just getting really old lol

I'm up with my 6 year old little girl lol

I'm up with my 6 year old little girl lol

Oh boy I really don't know where these kids get all this energy from its crazy lol

Oh boy I really don't know where these kids get all this energy from its crazy lol

my daughter should be exhausted we've been so busy today I know I'm tired

my daughter should be exhausted we've been so busy today I know I'm tired

Mines just fell asleep right now yes while watching Dora lol i can go to sleep now I am so tried I've been working on my car all day just to keep my mind of surgery

18 days I'm having surgery!!!!! I'm starting to get really nervous..... Start pre op diet on Tuesday....

Surgery date: May 14' date=' 2013[/quote']

I am one day after you!!!!

My husband goes for surgery tomorrow any tips for the day before? I'm very scared!

HELP! I am getting negative responses from several people who know I'm surgery bound. One of my co-workers has been pulling all of her tricks out of the bag' date=' almost trying to scare me out of moving forward. She keeps telling me that I am mutilating God's design, I will never be or look healthy again, I will never be able to eat more than two bites of anything, I'm going to have diarrhea for the rest of my life, I'll likely gain back all the weight, & so on. She frustrates me beyond belief & of course, is someone who has NEVER struggled a day in her life with her weight! I wish I hadn't mentioned it. I get so caught up in her shocking statements that I can't even focus at work. What are you all doing to cope with the negative ninnies in your life?[/quote']

Omg!! I've been hearing negative things too. No horror stories just comments like "I'm not sure I'm ok with you doing this" from a friend that I have known for along time. I just said tough I'm doing it.