Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been in the mood for dill pickle spears. How long after surgery did anyone eat pickles?

My NUT said nothing with seeds for 6 weeks.

I had a few rounds but a spear was after 2 months because of the skin.

Good question. My daughter and I love making homemade pickles. Glad they are ok after the recovery period though.

I eat pickles all the time. I think I was 6 months out when I started crunching on them

Glad to hear pickels are ok, I love pickels ;)

Might sound really weird but I would de-seed the spear and then chew on the pickle and spit out the skin and whatever was left....just so I could get the flavor haha

I have 2 questions for anyone out there.

#1 can we drink the Cherry berry Chiller from Mc Donalds? its suppose to b all natural juices with 0 calories and less than 20 grams of sugar. I use to drink them before my surgery, However I am affraid to drink them now unless they are ok to drink. I am 6 months post op.

#2. I have a friend who is going to get the Gastric Sleeve. She was approved by her insurance, she completed her stress test, blood test, Psych test and her class. Her surgery date was scheduled for May. Her doctor refused to do the surgery because she did not lose the 10 lbs. Has anyone encountered this problem? my doctor didn't even mention the 10lbs. I thought we were having weight loss surgery because we tried everything else HELLO....... WTH :( I don't understand this, my doctor was very thorough with everything , but this was not an issue.Wouldn't this cause a problem with her insurance co. the second go around? because now she has to wait until she can lose the 10lbs. and she will more than likley have to do all of her test again, blood test, psych. test stress test etc. which will cost her insurance and they may deny her the 2nd time around.This has made her very very sad and her doctor knows she has problems with her legs and knees which makes it very difficult for her to exercise. I just think her doctor is being rediculous. What do you all think? very interested in hearing your thoughts.Thanks :rolleyes:

I used to LOVE Cherry berry Chillers so I just checked their website for nutrition facts... the small one is 200 calories, 49g sugar and 49 carbs... for me that's no go

I used to LOVE Cherry berry Chillers so I just checked their website for nutrition facts... the small one is 200 calories' date=' 49g sugar and 49 carbs... for me that's no go[/quote']

Def a no go. We should not have any more than 15g of sugar per meal...

I have 2 questions for anyone out there.

#1 can we drink the Cherry Berry Chiller from Mc Donalds? its suppose to b all natural juices with 0 calories and less than 20 grams of sugar. I use to drink them before my surgery' date=' However I am affraid to drink them now unless they are ok to drink. I am 6 months post op.

#2. I have a friend who is going to get the Gastric Sleeve. She was approved by her insurance, she completed her stress test, blood test, Psych test and her class. Her surgery date was scheduled for May. Her doctor refused to do the surgery because she did not lose the 10 lbs. Has anyone encountered this problem? my doctor didn't even mention the 10lbs. I thought we were having weight loss surgery because we tried everything else HELLO....... WTH :( I don't understand this, my doctor was very thorough with everything , but this was not an issue.Wouldn't this cause a problem with her insurance co. the second go around? because now she has to wait until she can lose the 10lbs. and she will more than likley have to do all of her test again, blood test, psych. test stress test etc. which will cost her insurance and they may deny her the 2nd time around.This has made her very very sad and her doctor knows she has problems with her legs and knees which makes it very difficult for her to exercise. I just think her doctor is being rediculous. What do you all think? very interested in hearing your thoughts.Thanks :rolleyes:[/quote']

I would ask another surgeon to give her case a look but just so you she can lose that and maybe more on the liquid pre op diet