Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days post op(left hospital (yesterday) and I'm suppose to drink a minimum of 64 oz of liquids and I have not been able drink a lot only 2 jellos, about 10 small sips of diet tea and a few sips of chicken broth. I feel awful.

Tomorrow is full liquids(yogurt, pudding, 1% or or fat free milk, blended soups) and I don't know what I'm going to do. I have not gotten any Protein.< /p>

Is this normal the first few days?

3 days post op(left hospital (yesterday) and I'm suppose to drink a minimum of 64 oz of liquids and I have not been able drink a lot only 2 jellos' date=' about 10 small sips of diet tea and a few sips of chicken broth. I feel awful.

Tomorrow is full liquids(yogurt, pudding, 1% or or fat free milk, blended soups) and I don't know what I'm going to do. I have not gotten any Protein.

Is this normal the first few days?[/quote']

I was told not to worry about Protein the first week or two. You've GOT to get in more fluids though....that's not enough to keep you hydrated and we don't want you getting sick!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

Guest cyban88

Yea its normal. Nothing to worry about, the Protein will come later when you can drink more. We all go thru this. Do try to drink as much as you can though so you stay hydrated.

Yes, totally normal. But hydration is first priority. I've been keeping a food diary, and every day it seems my Protein improves just a little bit. Try Popsicles, hot tea, or Soups. I added Protein powder to instant pudding, and that was pretty awesome. I have also been drinking a hot chocolate with 1/2 mug of chocolate Protein shake and 1/2 skim milk.

It's early days for you, but your appetite will increase a little each day. Just keep Water or whatever with u and sip. I find warm things much easier.

I am 9 days post-op and I am having so much problems with the full liquid diet. I know I am not consuming the adequate amount of intake. I feel so tired and icky. I hope starting on puree food next week will help. I've never wanted mashed potatoes so badly in my laugh! Haha. I got back to work at the end of the week if my surgeon releases me. I am so hoping that the upgrade in diet will make a difference!

It really does sound normal!! It hard to believe, I know. When you drink and and vomit, that's when u should worry. Do everything you can to avoid becoming dehydrated. I literally ate ice for weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I am 9 days post-op and I am having so much problems with the full liquid diet. I know I am not consuming the adequate amount of intake. I feel so tired and icky. I hope starting on puree food next week will help. I've never wanted mashed potatoes so badly in my laugh! Haha. I got back to work at the end of the week if my surgeon releases me. I am so hoping that the upgrade in diet will make a difference!

I feel the same way as you. next week cant come fast enough.

I started full liquid diet today and it includes pudding and blended Soups which has help me a lot today.

What can i blend into the Soups? Im 3 days post op and my guide was lost in transition, my surgeons office doesnt open till tuesday.

What can i blend into the Soups? Im 3 days post op and my guide was lost in transition' date=' my surgeons office doesnt open till tuesday.[/quote']

This is what I used per nut , I hope this helps ya .....

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

post-31158-13813811610279_thumb.png

post-31158-13813811610759_thumb.png

What can i blend into the Soups? Im 3 days post op and my guide was lost in transition' date=' my surgeons office doesnt open till tuesday.[/quote']

Blended just means puréed, no chunks....if its too thick you can add milk, Water, or broth to thin to desired consistency.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 226.6