Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2013 Post Op "A New Life 2013"

Hey kids, just checking in. Surgery in march 26, 2013 and feeling great!! Lost 68 Pds. Hope all of you marchies are doing well, and are healthy and loving yourself!!!!! Xoxoxo

post-32519-13813813114513_thumb.jpg

Just checking in its been awhile. Down from 378 to 269. Woooo hoooo and from a size 28/30 to a size 18/20. I'm loving this new life and my hubby is too.

I had surgery March 4 and have lost 101lbs since surgery and a total of 165..... About 40 more lbs to reach my goal weight .....

Just wanted to check in with my March surgery family. I'm doing great....feeling healthy. I work out a lot, but I'm at an almost 2 month stall. I'm down to 158 and started at 228, so no complaints here. I'd like to get to 130 at some point. I hope everyone else is doing well and happy and healthy.

I everyone! Had surgery March 5th and today's weigh in....100lbs lost! I feel great!

I'm at a stall. I've only lost 1/2 a pound this last month. Since surgery date march 22 have lost 68 pounds. 29 pounds away from my goal weight.

So how is everyone doing? I am now in a very slow decline on the scale. Which is fine cause down is down. Sometimes I'm a little to eager but losing 90 plus pounds is nothing to be ashamed of. Looking forward to my anniversary, and seeing the results and recapping on how far I have come.

I'm moving real slow. I seem to gain 1 - 3 lbs then By my day anniversary of the month I manage to be down 3 lbs from the previous month. Very confusing and I can't seem to stop weighing almost every day! I'm walking, jogging and even some running, doing zumba and Yoga. I'm around 800 - 900 calories a day about twice a month I'm at 1100. Carbs I'm usually under 30 but some times I get up to 70. I get all my Water in about 98% of the time as well as my Protein. Having a harder time loosing weight. Having lots of cravings for the wrong foods and this scares me!! My 6 month check up came back great not low on any Vitamins and still no diabetes or high blood pressure.

I average 2-5 miles of exercise a day. Not sure if I'm gaining muscle and maybe that is Tigre reason why I'm slowing down on the weight loss and why on some days or weeks I gain weight? Any one else having issues with this??

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe it's been 7 months. I love losing weight! I too have slowed down, but I'm so happy about how far I've come! We still have 5 more months before our anniversary so I'm gonna make them count.

Just like some of u I crave bad stuff too, it sucks. More than anything I'm afraid of gaining the weight back so I have long talks with myself. :) this will be a life long struggle for me, but my doc says if I give in one day a week the other six must be perfect. I'm scared to start that.

Wishing u all the best!!!!

Hello to everyone... Been along time since I stopped in... This new thin life is the bomb.... Always full of energy and doing something! Hope everyone is doing great.... Loving my New life..

Hi all! It's been a couple months since I've checked in. Still doing well. Not having too many problems with foods. Hamburger still bothers me a lot, but everything else is good. Weight loss is slowing, but still happy to have the loss. Down 87lbs now. Sw 229 on March 14, now at 142. Never thought I'd be at this weight. What a journey it has been. I was talking to my mom the other day about when I ended up in the hospital for complications from the surgery. I really think I blocked a lot of it out because she was telling me they thought it was touch and go for awhile. That my infection was so bad I was on iv antibiotics for over two weeks. I really didn't remember that. Glad I am past all that! Thankful for the success I've had since then! Happy holidays to everyone!

I started this journey on march 8th at 282 and as of today's I am 158.2

I am still glad that I made the choice , although I miss some foods ..I am still limited on what my pouch can handle but I went from a size 22 to a size 10 in pants ...and a size 2x to a medium in shirts....

I finally am starting to feel energy since I have been taking Iron supplements along with all the other supplements ... The only downfall is that I have lots of extra skin and my boobs remind me of flapjacks

Hi guys!!

It's been a long time since I've posted here and just wanted to share my progress with all of you. I had my surgery on 3/11, my starting weight was 275 and I now weigh 167 lbs. I am beyond happy with the decision I made in having this surgery, it has with no doubt changed my life. I had dieted my whole life but this time it is definitely different, not only because I cannot over eat, but because of the support I have from my surgeon's team, it is like they are holding my hand the whole time. I have gotten into running and I feel great. Attached is a before/after pic, the one on the left is me last year (nov 2012) and the one on the right is exactly one year later. My first appointment with my surgeon was Nov 26, so it'll be a year next week since I began this journey. I hope everyone is doing great.

post-189817-0-45859800-1384963467_thumb.jpg