Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone noticing changes in their vision?

I'm almost 50, and have been wearing cheaters for quite some time now. However, since the surgery, I feel like my vision has gotten (is getting?) worse. The distance at which I need to put things on to read is getting farther and farther from my nose.

Has anyone had this happen? I wonder if I should see my eye doctor when this is all done...

Yes I have noticed a difference and it's quite annoying. I think it is due to my diabetes becoming under control. I am going to wait till about 3 months and then get a new prescription. I'll ask my dr today at my appointment.

I sure hope this doesn't affect my vision, I got Lasik surgery less than a year ago. My eyes are perfect right now. AHHHHHH!!!! that would be horrible.

Wishing you two the best :)

I had surgery on Feb 1

I took my contacts out on Jan 31 and wore my glasses to the hospital. When I put my contacts back in a few days later I needed to use cheaters to read! I made an eye appointment it is driving me crazy!

I had cataract surgery when I was 55 with implants. My vision changed after the surgery. I've lost 80 lbs in 10 months. What changed for me was the astigmatism. Not better or worse, just changed so the prescription for the computer glasses changed. The eye Dr. couldn't explain it. Maybe from the diabetes going away or losing weight. Who knows?

Wow. How interesting! It's good to know I'm not alone!

I had lasik in 2000. When I was 40.

I did mono vision because I know my eyes would change I started wearing reading glasses 3 years ago for close up. I'm looking far away. Yes I noticed a slight difference after surgery maybe its all the meds we were on?! Lol

After I had surgery, I noticed my vision decreased. Thankfully, this was only temporary. It lasted about a week and then went back to normal.

I sure hope this doesn't affect my vision, I got Lasik surgery less than a year ago. My eyes are perfect right now. AHHHHHH!!!! that would be horrible.

Wishing you two the best :)

I'm 6 weeks post op and my eyes are driving me crazy one is clear the other is blurry it's so annoying. I really hope this is temp. Just an update :)

Hope you all are doing better!

Have you had your Vitamins checked? Some deficiencies can affect your vision.

Yes two weeks ago and I was okay. I really hope it stops because I had lasik surgery 1 year ago this month I want my eyes to be fine we have enough body parts to worry about LOL

Yes, my eye doctor determined the shape of my left eye changed and I needed different contacts.

I'm 6 weeks post op and my eyes are driving me crazy one is clear the other is blurry it's so annoying. I really hope this is temp. Just an update :)

Hope you all are doing better!

Yes mine got worse dr said lack of Protein

I had lasik in 2000 no vision changes until RNY. Just slight change. Going for fist set of labs this month . Its month three and my md rruns a comprehensive malabsorbtion panel. Cross my fingers and toes that the Vitamins ice been on are doing there job. ...

SD 2/6/13

SW 232

CW 192

GW 150

40 pounds gone Whoo who