Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Dates

I just got my date...wooohoooo!!!! April 22

We are surgery sisters! :) I will add you to our list!

I hear that I have 24 or 25 more days depending on whether you count today (the 15th of March or not) but I can't wait either, it feels like it has been forever waiting for the last 6 months to be over, but now that I'm down to the last couple of weeks they seem to be going by what feels like longer than the 6 months did... Just want to get the surgery part over already. I have a neice who just had it done on the 13th and they let her go home on the 14th, that was surprising but we are going to different hospitals too and mine says three days in counting the day of surgery.... I plan on bringing my Iphone (I don't go anywhere without that thing) and I have to bring some ID's for checking into the Hospital but other than that nothing else the hospital told me they will provide the toiletry stuff like tooth paste, tooth brush, etc.

t

I will be packing light as well! I think with the pain, sleeping from the pain meds, and just trying to walk and sip, there wont be much time for anything else!! Plan on using this time to rest up and enjoy the quiet!

Hi April Gang! Here is the updated April list! Did I get everyone?? :wacko:

April 1st

Deana Wright

April 4th

Jer-Z-Girl

April 5th

Karma_Hova

April 8th

wendilou

SKNYMEBY47

BabyGirl127

critty702

Lou:)

ialdridge

aprildiva22

April 9th

Lauri M

April 10th

Vanna

califmomto4

April 11th

hockeymumzie

April 16th

erikaloftin

April 18th

Paul MacKay

April 22nd

Kat23

Dorian

Ab1986

BethAnn

April 23th

Olivereindeer

April 24th

jannyb35

April 25th

mavourneen

April 29th

nnaddour

Pending dates

amcdowell779

skinnyjess2013

rongee2099

prittygirl214

Krystal7k

Hi Everyone!

New Here! Surgery date is April 10th! I'm scared out of my mind! I've never had surgery before!

So, let's see...this is my brief story:

I've been overweight for probably the last 18 years, since I had my 2nd child. I have tried many diets and even (in my mind) considered WLS but was never brave enough to look in to it.

So, I finally asked my PCP for a referral to the WLS orientation class (Kaiser). I attended that on 1/30. I went to a dr appt on 2/1 (ob) and weighed in at my heighest weight ever...318. :-( I honestly didnt know it had moved up that high. My highest before had been 299.

I went to the next class (4 hr orientation) and met with the surgeon on 2/12. He gave me my pre-surgery goal of 295. I then attended a nutrition class and had all my pre-op labs done. I went to my pysch eval on 3/11 and weighed in at 294.6 :-)

I was then able to schedule my surgery. My biggest dilemna right now is what to tell work...I don't want to say I am having WLS. Gall bladder? I don't know what to do!

By the way, I just looked at your profile hockeymumzie and we are similar profiles! Same age & height! I am always looking for people my height to compare too! LOL.

Welcome to the April group!! I will add you to the list!

You dont have to tell your work what you are having done if you dont want too. Just say that you are taking a medical leave. Even the HR department doesnt have to know. The doctor just has to complete the paperwork, and say it for a medical condition. They dont have to put on the form that it is WLS. I am only choosing to tell a few people at work, but you know how that goes! Before long it will probably be all over the department. :huh: I am not embarassed, but feel I only want to share my journey with a select few. I cant believe how lucky some of you are with having such a short time from start of the journey to surgery! Dang I wish mine went that fast. Anyway, welcome and I look foward to sharing this with you! :)

Here is my brief story! I'm 37 years old and went on my first diet (Medical Weight Loss Clinic) at age 11. I was probably only 10-15 lbs overweight but that stigma stuck with me my entire life.

I weight 248.5 right now - the highest non-pregnant weight I have ever been. My BMI is 42. I actually got down to 210 on my own over a 6 month period, quit smoking in August and put it all back on and then some. My only regret thus far is not looking into WLS earlier in my life. When I got up the courage to discuss with my PCP and have my first appt with the surgeon, they both said I was an excellent candidate given my history (up and down so much over 25 years).

My surgery date is set for April 25th. I've had 2 c-sections and gall bladder surgery so I know I will feel pain afterwards which makes me a little nervous, but I'm eager to push through it all and start seeing some lasting results. I just don't want to fail again.

I have opted NOT to tell my work what surgery I'm having. I will be out for probably around a month (I'm guessing - I will go on short term disability), but I do not want my co-workers to know why. There are only about 15 of us at my company and 12 of them are runners - yes TWELVE. So I've always felt "less than" when it comes to their physical health and abilities vs mine. I have talked to my HR person about needing time off for medical reasons and she said that she (or anyone) does not need to know why - but just needs a note from the doctor with the time off he recommends.

I'm curious to know:

what are the highest Protein shakes/best tasting people have tried (anything similiar to SlimFast - I don't mind that taste). I like sweet things!

also, how much time are people taking off work? I have a sedentary desk job but with all the diet changes, emotional changes, I think I was going to look at a month off to heal and get on the right track b4 jumping back into work.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Welcome mavourneen!

I know what you mean about co-workers! I work in a physical therapy department and EVERYONE, including the boss and front desk people are into exercise and they are ALL fit! I am the only overweight person! They are all fairly nice, with exceptions ;) , and have never made me feel as the odd man out. It is embarrassing to work there with all of them at times tho. I have had severe issues with my back and meet with a surgeon a few weeks ago. He said I do need surgery to fix the problem, but thought having the WLS first would be the best way to go. I will then have my back "fixed" this summer.

As for the shakes, have your tried any?? I have ordered ALOT of samples, and tried several different brands. I HATE Muscle Milk! I LOVE Atkins Advantage Mocha Latte. I am also fond of CHIKE brand coffee drinks. They taste so good and are loaded with protein.

Several websites allow you to order samples, such as MyBariatricPanty.com, and unjury.com. I really like nasuanutrition.com because they have alot of different brands and flavors you can choose from for $1.95 each. Very good service as well.

I am planning on taking a month off as well, providing that is what my Dr says. I keep forgetting to ask him this! I too work at a desk, but I want to get a routine down, and feel good before I try to go back. As long as Short term will pay, why not!!

Best of luck!

Here is my brief story! I'm 37 years old and went on my first diet (Medical Weight Loss Clinic) at age 11. I was probably only 10-15 lbs overweight but that stigma stuck with me my entire life.

I weight 248.5 right now - the highest non-pregnant weight I have ever been. My BMI is 42. I actually got down to 210 on my own over a 6 month period' date=' quit smoking in August and put it all back on and then some. My only regret thus far is not looking into WLS earlier in my life. When I got up the courage to discuss with my PCP and have my first appt with the surgeon, they both said I was an excellent candidate given my history (up and down so much over 25 years).

My surgery date is set for April 25th. I've had 2 c-sections and gall bladder surgery so I know I will feel pain afterwards which makes me a little nervous, but I'm eager to push through it all and start seeing some lasting results. I just don't want to fail again.

I have opted NOT to tell my work what surgery I'm having. I will be out for probably around a month (I'm guessing - I will go on short term disability), but I do not want my co-workers to know why. There are only about 15 of us at my company and 12 of them are runners - yes TWELVE. So I've always felt "less than" when it comes to their physical health and abilities vs mine. I have talked to my HR person about needing time off for medical reasons and she said that she (or anyone) does not need to know why - but just needs a note from the doctor with the time off he recommends.

I'm curious to know:

what are the highest Protein shakes/best tasting people have tried (anything similiar to SlimFast - I don't mind that taste). I like sweet things!

also, how much time are people taking off work? I have a sedentary desk job but with all the diet changes, emotional changes, I think I was going to look at a month off to heal and get on the right track b4 jumping back into work.

I wish everyone the best of luck![/quote']

My favorite Protein Shake is Syntrax Matrix strawberry Cream. it reminds me of Strawberry Quik. I also like Click vanilla latte, but I won't be able to have that after surgery, at least for a while, since it has caffeine. drinks I've tried that I'm not crazy about--EAS, designer whey. Atkins ready to drink vanilla is not too bad and the cafe caramel one is okay for a change of pace.

I'm only taking 2 weeks off work and I hope I'm not sorry. I'm a dental hygienist and I do a lot of sitting, but I hope the twisting and reaching I do won't cause problems....

Hi Everyone!

New Here! Surgery date is April 10th! I'm scared out of my mind! I've never had surgery before!

So' date=' let's see...this is my brief story:

I've been overweight for probably the last 18 years, since I had my 2nd child. I have tried many diets and even (in my mind) considered WLS but was never brave enough to look in to it.

So, I finally asked my PCP for a referral to the WLS orientation class (Kaiser). I attended that on 1/30. I went to a dr appt on 2/1 (ob) and weighed in at my heighest weight ever...318. :-( I honestly didnt know it had moved up that high. My highest before had been 299.

I went to the next class (4 hr orientation) and met with the surgeon on 2/12. He gave me my pre-surgery goal of 295. I then attended a nutrition class and had all my pre-op labs done. I went to my pysch eval on 3/11 and weighed in at 294.6 :-)

I was then able to schedule my surgery. My biggest dilemna right now is what to tell work...I don't want to say I am having WLS. Gall bladder? I don't know what to do!

By the way, I just looked at your profile hockeymumzie and we are similar profiles! Same age & height! I am always looking for people my height to compare too! LOL.[/quote']

Were date pals lol gl and congrats

My favorite Protein Shake is Syntrax Matrix strawberry Cream. it reminds me of Strawberry Quik. I also like Click vanilla latte' date=' but I won't be able to have that after surgery, at least for a while, since it has caffeine. drinks I've tried that I'm not crazy about--EAS, designer whey. Atkins ready to drink vanilla is not too bad and the cafe caramel one is okay for a change of pace.

I'm only taking 2 weeks off work and I hope I'm not sorry. I'm a dental hygienist and I do a lot of sitting, but I hope the twisting and reaching I do won't cause problems....[/quote']

I didn't like the EAS either! Yucky

I havent heard or seen this and Ive read just about every book I could find?? What does the surgeon say? I have you added to the list for April!!

I actually just had the flu and sinusitis really bad. I saw my surgeon on Wednesday and actually asked him. He said there is no problem at all. They get concerned if its a stomach thing in which case they would do a blood test and/or scope to check the stomach. No worries.

I never thought it would move so fast for me. Started this process Feb 18, got approved March 6 and got scheduled today for April 11.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RNYTalk

I'm hoping I'll get an April date but I don't know yet. I fast-tracked ALL my appts for the next three weeks, then I can get my supposrt group meetings in, then surgery. My doctor said it could be as soon as end of April or early May. My insurance is not an issue (according to my doc), but I am really hoping to get it all done before the training starts in late May, early June for our August system conversion.

Has anyone had a stress test yet? I have to have one because I'm over fifty. TWO THREE HOUR appoinments? What in the world do they do? That's the only thing I'm dreading...

New here!!! I was called this week with a surgery date of April 4!! It is so close and the closer it gets the more nervous I become!

Hi April Gang! Here is the updated April list! Did I get everyone?? :wacko:

April 1st

dunwithfat

Deana Wright

April 4th

Jer-Z-Girl

April 5th

Karma_Hova

April 8th

wendilou

SKNYMEBY47

BabyGirl127

critty702

Lou:)

ialdridge

aprildiva22

April 9th

Lauri M

April 10th

Vanna

califmomto4

April 11th

hockeymumzie

April 16th

erikaloftin

April 18th

Paul MacKay

April 22nd

Kat23

Dorian

Ab1986

BethAnn

April 23th

Olivereindeer

April 24th

jannyb35

April 25th

mavourneen

April 29th

nnaddour

Pending dates

amcdowell779

skinnyjess2013

rongee2099

prittygirl214

Krystal7k

Can you add me for a Pending April date? Got my approval from Insurance company last week. I sign the surgery consent paperwork on April 4...should be in April! Yaaaaay :). Thanks

I'm jealous of everyone. You all have dates and I don't yet: (

Jessica. can't wait to start this journey. Approved, waiting on a date!!!

I'm jealous of everyone. You all have dates and I don't yet: (

Jessica. can't wait to start this journey. Approved' date=' waiting on a date!!![/quote']

I'm pending a date too! :( it stinks to wait! We will both get it in no time. At least we got approved! :))

Hello everyone I'm new to this. I've been on the list for almost a year (here on Canada its a min two year wait). My surgery is scheduled for April 5th and I juat started my liquid diet on friday :)