Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Dates

Hospital stay: What do i need to bring?

Grocery Shopping: What do i need to stock up on?

So many questions...my mind is going 100 miles an hour!!!

I'm April 23! Just need a phone chat with both docs a nut next week (I live out of state). Have already ordered some samples from Bariatric Pantryalthough my nut says to always go for a Meal Replacement shake rather than just Protein. States average female needs 40g protein daily. I've also been told olive needing 3 monthly B12 injections and will only need one Multivitamin daily if I am eating properly. Everyone seems to get different advice! I will be stocking up on some gel baby food, shakes and broths. I'm scared but wish my date was tomorrow. I dreamed last night. I was in he hospital and was worried cos no one wore gloves, he male nurse couldn't get my catheter in and I had to get it in myself. Then another nurse was trying to get an arterial line in while I was at a restaurant. Im an RN! Obviously it is all playing on my mind.

Did u get ur plan at ur pre-admisaion testing

No. Will get it all during my pre op meeting which is 3 hours long!

I'm April 23! Just need a phone chat with both docs a nut next week (I live out of state). Have already ordered some samples from Bariatric Pantryalthough my nut says to always go for a meal replacement shake rather than just Protein. States average female needs 40g protein daily. I've also been told olive needing 3 monthly B12 injections and will only need one multivitamin daily if I am eating properly. Everyone seems to get different advice! I will be stocking up on some gel baby food' date=' shakes and broths. I'm scared but wish my date was tomorrow. I dreamed last night. I was in he hospital and was worried cos no one wore gloves, he male nurse couldn't get my catheter in and I had to get it in myself. Then another nurse was trying to get an arterial line in while I was at a restaurant. Im an RN! Obviously it is all playing on my mind.[/quote']

Wow! Having to put in your own catheter! Sounds like a nightmare to me! I am also stocking up when I have extra money. I want to be ready to go!

I'm April 23! Just need a phone chat with both docs a nut next week (I live out of state). Have already ordered some samples from Bariatric Pantryalthough my nut says to always go for a meal replacement shake rather than just Protein. States average female needs 40g protein daily. I've also been told olive needing 3 monthly B12 injections and will only need one multivitamin daily if I am eating properly. Everyone seems to get different advice! I will be stocking up on some gel baby food, shakes and broths. I'm scared but wish my date was tomorrow. I dreamed last night. I was in he hospital and was worried cos no one wore gloves, he male nurse couldn't get my catheter in and I had to get it in myself. Then another nurse was trying to get an arterial line in while I was at a restaurant. Im an RN! Obviously it is all playing on my mind.

Ug I'm dreading that catheter! I hope I don't get a UTI.

Hospital stay: What do i need to bring?

Grocery Shopping: What do i need to stock up on?

So many questions...my mind is going 100 miles an hour!!!

People say the things to bring to the hospital are:

A Pillow to hold your tummy on the way home

Chapstick

Cell Phone and charger (i'm gonna bring ear buds too)

Comfy change of clothes for the ride home--loose waistband.

I think the hospital will provide toothbrush, Shampoo, soap, towels, etc. I might bring my own toothbrush and toothpaste though. Oh! and my special blanket that I cannot sleep without.

Stuff I've put in my cupboards: chicken & beef broth, a variety of Protein shake powders, tons of crystal light and sugar free hawaiian punch drink mixes, no sugar added Applesauce, a bunch of different Soups like cream of mushroom, celery, and chicken.< /p>

No. Will get it all during my pre op meeting which is 3 hours long!

K i have two on same day ine history other testing like 4 hours

Thanks WendiLou....I can't internet on my phone so i wonder if it's OK to bring a laptop?

Thanks WendiLou....I can't internet on my phone so i wonder if it's OK to bring a laptop?

I dont' see why you wouldn't be able to! You can always call the hospital and ask if it's okay. ;)

25 more days so excited it cant come soon enough

25 more days so excited it cant come soon enough

I hear that I have 24 or 25 more days depending on whether you count today (the 15th of March or not) but I can't wait either, it feels like it has been forever waiting for the last 6 months to be over, but now that I'm down to the last couple of weeks they seem to be going by what feels like longer than the 6 months did... Just want to get the surgery part over already. I have a neice who just had it done on the 13th and they let her go home on the 14th, that was surprising but we are going to different hospitals too and mine says three days in counting the day of surgery.... I plan on bringing my Iphone (I don't go anywhere without that thing) and I have to bring some ID's for checking into the Hospital but other than that nothing else the hospital told me they will provide the toiletry stuff like tooth paste, tooth brush, etc.

Hi Everyone!

New Here! Surgery date is April 10th! I'm scared out of my mind! I've never had surgery before!

So, let's see...this is my brief story:

I've been overweight for probably the last 18 years, since I had my 2nd child. I have tried many diets and even (in my mind) considered WLS but was never brave enough to look in to it.

So, I finally asked my PCP for a referral to the WLS orientation class (Kaiser). I attended that on 1/30. I went to a dr appt on 2/1 (ob) and weighed in at my heighest weight ever...318. :-( I honestly didnt know it had moved up that high. My highest before had been 299.

I went to the next class (4 hr orientation) and met with the surgeon on 2/12. He gave me my pre-surgery goal of 295. I then attended a nutrition class and had all my pre-op labs done. I went to my pysch eval on 3/11 and weighed in at 294.6 :-)

I was then able to schedule my surgery. My biggest dilemna right now is what to tell work...I don't want to say I am having WLS. Gall bladder? I don't know what to do!

By the way, I just looked at your profile hockeymumzie and we are similar profiles! Same age & height! I am always looking for people my height to compare too! LOL.

Here is my brief story! I'm 37 years old and went on my first diet (Medical Weight Loss Clinic) at age 11. I was probably only 10-15 lbs overweight but that stigma stuck with me my entire life.

I weight 248.5 right now - the highest non-pregnant weight I have ever been. My BMI is 42. I actually got down to 210 on my own over a 6 month period, quit smoking in August and put it all back on and then some. My only regret thus far is not looking into WLS earlier in my life. When I got up the courage to discuss with my PCP and have my first appt with the surgeon, they both said I was an excellent candidate given my history (up and down so much over 25 years).

My surgery date is set for April 25th. I've had 2 c-sections and gall bladder surgery so I know I will feel pain afterwards which makes me a little nervous, but I'm eager to push through it all and start seeing some lasting results. I just don't want to fail again.

I have opted NOT to tell my work what surgery I'm having. I will be out for probably around a month (I'm guessing - I will go on short term disability), but I do not want my co-workers to know why. There are only about 15 of us at my company and 12 of them are runners - yes TWELVE. So I've always felt "less than" when it comes to their physical health and abilities vs mine. I have talked to my HR person about needing time off for medical reasons and she said that she (or anyone) does not need to know why - but just needs a note from the doctor with the time off he recommends.

I'm curious to know:

what are the highest Protein shakes/best tasting people have tried (anything similiar to SlimFast - I don't mind that taste). I like sweet things!

also, how much time are people taking off work? I have a sedentary desk job but with all the diet changes, emotional changes, I think I was going to look at a month off to heal and get on the right track b4 jumping back into work.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Here is my brief story! I'm 37 years old and went on my first diet (Medical Weight Loss Clinic) at age 11. I was probably only 10-15 lbs overweight but that stigma stuck with me my entire life.

I weight 248.5 right now - the highest non-pregnant weight I have ever been. My BMI is 42. I actually got down to 210 on my own over a 6 month period' date=' quit smoking in August and put it all back on and then some. My only regret thus far is not looking into WLS earlier in my life. When I got up the courage to discuss with my PCP and have my first appt with the surgeon, they both said I was an excellent candidate given my history (up and down so much over 25 years).

My surgery date is set for April 25th. I've had 2 c-sections and gall bladder surgery so I know I will feel pain afterwards which makes me a little nervous, but I'm eager to push through it all and start seeing some lasting results. I just don't want to fail again.

I have opted NOT to tell my work what surgery I'm having. I will be out for probably around a month (I'm guessing - I will go on short term disability), but I do not want my co-workers to know why. There are only about 15 of us at my company and 12 of them are runners - yes TWELVE. So I've always felt "less than" when it comes to their physical health and abilities vs mine. I have talked to my HR person about needing time off for medical reasons and she said that she (or anyone) does not need to know why - but just needs a note from the doctor with the time off he recommends.

I'm curious to know:

what are the highest Protein shakes/best tasting people have tried (anything similiar to SlimFast - I don't mind that taste). I like sweet things!

also, how much time are people taking off work? I have a sedentary desk job but with all the diet changes, emotional changes, I think I was going to look at a month off to heal and get on the right track b4 jumping back into work.

I wish everyone the best of luck![/quote']

I will just be taking one week off and then working the next week from home. After that they will let me work from home as needed since I will be going to work from home full time on 5/6/13 anyways.

Hi all my date is April 8 I have flu at the moment i read somewhere Its not a good idea to proceed If. U have flu 4 weeks prior is it true?

I havent heard or seen this and Ive read just about every book I could find?? What does the surgeon say? I have you added to the list for April!!