Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Sigh. 11 months, 11 days post-op and I just got stuck on chicken and threw up real food for the first time ever. Picky darn pouches.

Sigh. 11 months, 11 days post-op and I just got stuck on chicken and threw up real food for the first time ever. Picky darn pouches.

Aww feel better! Chicken is my kryptonite. I almost always get stuck unless it is in Soup or crock pot so I rarely eat it. Steak is no problem. Go figure. :)

I threw up a Lactaid pill the other day :-/

Lol, glad I'm not the only one slow to this :)

Hi everyone

Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm a February 2014 surgery (2/3) and I'm wondering from you all, what 3 things you would tell yourself 11 months ago now that you've BTDT.

Thanks

I am 2-11-2013 I have lost 108 pounds. I am 2 pounds until goal is met. I weigh 136. I would tell all in the beginning the surgery does all the work but at about the 6 month point it's time for you to get busy and do the work. Exercise is the key. I do 60 minutes a day. The hunger is back. I also log my food daily thru Loseit app on my phone. The challenging part is now. Just remember the surgery is only a tool the rest is up to you.

Hi everyone Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm a February 2014 surgery (2/3) and I'm wondering from you all, what 3 things you would tell yourself 11 months ago now that you've BTDT. Thanks

1. The hunger feeling doesn't always go away, it's just a different feeling. Don't count on not feeling hunger. Some people don't, and that's awesome. But you might. I do.

2. The hardest thing for me is my eyes are bigger than my stomach. I almost always think I can eat more than I can. I usually just eat until I feel full, but I wish I had actually measured everything for the first months so I could get used to seeing how much I should eat.

3. I wish I would've worked out more. I have worked out, but not as much as I should. I've done great with weight loss, but I could've done even better if I had stepped it up.

4. I thought I'd feel different after losing so much. Don't get me wrong, I feel great. More energy, less pain. But psychologically I don't feel different. I think I always saw myself in my mind as a lot smaller than I saw myself physically, if that makes sense. Now, I feel like the picture in my head matches the mirror.

Hi everyone Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm a February 2014 surgery (2/3) and I'm wondering from you all, what 3 things you would tell yourself 11 months ago now that you've BTDT. Thanks

1-enjoy the journey. Keep a goal in mind but Celebrate your day to day success. This is the journey of a lifetime. Enjoy the ride!!!

2-be realistic with yourself-have realistic goals and expectations. Not everyone Loses 10 pounds a week, you can't compare yourself to others (well, you can, but shouldn't) individual loss varies HUGELY

3-just breathe. This will eat you up and drive you crazy if you let it. Change your life, change your lifestyle, change your choices, change it all. Create a new you. Do whatever you want on the journey of a healthier you. But don't let it consume you. Enjoy your family, enjoy your friends, enjoy your life. But work your new lifestyle into all of that. Don't forget everything around you and focus entirely on your weight loss. Don't forget to live.

Another thing....sometimes not being 'normal' can get a bit overwhelming, especially when you're around people that are eating all the things YOU want. When I have one of these days, I throw the rules out the window (within reason) and have whatever I want. These days don't come often, but they do come.

Saw my Gyn today for the first time since last January. She made me feel like a rock star :)

Had my incisional hernia surgery and back to work and started Jazzercise. I am a slow slow loser at 62 lbs after one year but still working it and happy with results. I am down to an 8-10 and med, and feel good. Hoping for my last 20 lbs before June!!

post-189550-0-88669700-1392816630_thumb.jpg

New hair cut

I promise you this will pass. I was in so much pain for the first 3 wks that I had to sleep sitting up in a chair, I regretted my decision so much and wished I could take it back. I am now 8 wks out and 100% normal. I am down almost 60 pounds, I have learned how to eat and don't feel like I am missing out on anything. I went through an emotional breakdown as well when I was a couple weeks out. Things will get better.....

I'm so glad you said that I had my surgery on 02/10 and all I do is sit here in regrets. I cry half of the day and all I want to do is feel better. I'm down 30 lbs since 02/27 that when everything all started s I that's the only thing that keeps me going. But I'm glad to know that you are feeling good and I cannot wait until I feel the same

Babs, you and your hair are beautiful.

post-190319-0-31078400-1393019778_thumb.jpg

post-190319-0-96837700-1393019799_thumb.jpg

post-190319-0-50068500-1393019809_thumb.jpg

post-190319-0-88080400-1393019846_thumb.jpg

post-190319-0-77372700-1393019854_thumb.jpg

post-190319-0-28730300-1393019862_thumb.jpg

1 year! (Yesterday) surgery February 20, 3013

Wt: 287 1 week post op

Wt:130 TODAY!!

Finally feel like I have pretty much learned my new body and way of life. There have FOR SURE been ups and downs. Days I hated myself for getting surgery , and days I just wanted to give up. It's been a long year, but I made and today I am happy. Everyday is a new day and I enjoy living life now. The ONE thing that still drives me nuts though: I want to be ME.. I DO NOT want to spend my life being consumed with that fact that I had surgery! It does NOT need to be the topic of every conversation. I don't care to have everyone I know or meet ,know about my surgery. I really feel that people don't understand this. I changed positions within my work place and I avoid the people I worked with for 2+ years. Because if I see any of them the ONLY thing they can talk about is my surgery. Now don't get me wrong, it's very kind of them when they say nice things about how good I look. However, I just want it to be normal. Ya know?!? Chit chat about work and life. Things like that. I mean when a girl gets breast implants, you obviously notice. But that isn't the topic you typically talk about. Does anyone else have this issue? Or am I just too sensitive? I never say anything. I just avoid contact. I guess it's my issue with the fact that most people who have not had this surgery think it's the lazy persons way out . When WE ALL know that is just a load of crap! LoL. I think we ALL deserve a huge pat on the back for surviving this procedure and dealing with all that goes with it. ????