Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So confused sbout birth control!

My PCP said my best options would be the Nuca Ring or Depo shots, or tubiligation. I chose Depo. He sent a prescription to the pharmacy and wants me to start tomorrow.

I called my surgeons office to make sure it's ok with the upcoming surgery, they said they don't really recommend anything but Norplant for me. She said Depo can cause decreased Calcium.< /p>

She didn't say I couldn't take it, and I don't see why I can't just take extra calcium supplements, since I'll be taking them anyway. I don't want Norplant. She just confused me more than ever.

Please, tell me positive things about Depo. I don't care about the issue with having kids after, we probably won't want children anyway. I just need to know this is ok to do.

I have a Marina iud its amazing!! no worry about when to take it or this or that. Its in and your good for 5 years!

plus no weight gain or other side affects that go along with other birth control

Not an option for me, I've never been pregnant.

I started the depo shot 2 weeks ago. My surgeon said that its ok to take it but he doesn't recommend it for longer than two years. Just make sure that you are taking all of your Calcium suppliments. It's very important not to get pregnant in the first two years post op, so the dr. Said that the benefits outweigh the cons.

my daughter has the marina iud and has not had children. She had discomfort for about a day and thats it. It's doable

Not an option for me' date=' I've never been pregnant.[/quote']

You don't have to have been pregnant before to get the Mirena IUD. It's awesome.

You don't have to have been pregnant before to get the Mirena IUD. It's awesome.

I have used Depo and it made me soooooo depressed. It also tends to make you crave carbs, hence the weight gain. If neither is an issue for you, it was effective. I currently have Mirena, and it is great!

Going to try the Depo, just have to wait until after surgery. Still not comfortable with the idea of something implanted in me, including Norplant. If the Depo doesn't go well I'll consider other options. He didn't say the IUD would be impossible, just difficult and a higher risk for scar tissue.

I've heard a lot of stories about them slipping or coming loose. My dr also said they can cause scar tissue. I just hate the idea of a foreign object stuck in me. The same goes with the Norplant.

My boyfriend and I need to discuss this this weekend. Maybe I should just get my tubes tied. Or he could get a snip job lol

I got the copper iud after having my baby and had to have it removed two months later because it slipped and was growing into my uterus. Soooo painful but others say they loved it

I've heard a lot of stories about them slipping or coming loose. My dr also said they can cause scar tissue. I just hate the idea of a foreign object stuck in me. The same goes with the Norplant.

My boyfriend and I need to discuss this this weekend. Maybe I should just get my tubes tied. Or he could get a snip job lol

It is possible they can slip, but its pretty uncommon. My big complaint (and the bfs) is that it pokes him-- but if he didn't poke me, it wouldn't poke him! Lol.

Whatever way you decide to go, make sure u stick to it. The last thing any one of us needs is the momentum of our new super-charged bodies being interrupted by a bambino. :)

Just be sure you don't ever want children! Don't maker the mistake by one of you getting snipped and there being no chance even if in 10 years you may want a child just be sure before you decide anything like that. DePO is a good choose just be careful because alot of women do gain weight on it. I have the nuva ring and love it for the most part. The only negative for me is my cervics is super low and i'm not quite "deep" enough for it so it tends to slip out some but its not even noticeable and its comfortable also easier than pills daily. But try the Depo my sis loves it. But think long and hard before deciding never to have a child. Good luck!

Mirena killed my orgasms....seriously!!!! Made it SUPER easy to have one but they so lost their intensity, it was like huh, oh well, that's it huh???? Gyn thought I was nuts. Kept it in for a year and as soon as it was gone the orgasmic intensity returned....

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 251, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 248