Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unjury Chix Broth? or Cheese Sauce?

Getting close to the big day!!! I'm wondering if anyone has tried the powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth or the cheese sauce??? I don't like the taste of most shakes because of the sweetness or chemical taste. Wondering how these stack up!

Thanks-

chicken Soup is my back up...I usually do it for lunch, not sweet, a little salty, not great but a good change from the sickeningly sweet shakes. Just watch the sodium, it's pretty high which is why I limit myself to 1 per day.

I am on my second bag of the cheese sauce. It is pretty good stirred into things. I make a couple ounces of mashed pot with skim milk and a scoop of the cheese Unjury, very good, I have the chicken flavor and I don't love it but don't hate it. They both are a good way to change it up from all sweet. Their website has recipes and they usually mail you some recipes with your order. The cheese they don't have in individual size, so you could order the whole one of that and a couple of the chicken flavored in the individual size and see how you like them. I just put the cheese into some mashed cauliflower and it was pretty darn good.

Great info.. I loved the Atkins Protein Shakes prior to surgery and in the first two weeks. Then all of a sudden something changed and some days I can drink them and some days I get nauseous and need Zofran. I have tried a few other Protein Drinks but they are so milky and sweet and I just don't like them they make me sick. I have been looking into the Unjury brand thinking I could try chicken broth, unflavored and the cheese. I really wish I could find a more juice based Protein Drink that was good... Any suggestions??

Great info.. I loved the Atkins Protein shakes prior to surgery and in the first two weeks. Then all of a sudden something changed and some days I can drink them and some days I get nauseous and need Zofran. I have tried a few other Protein drinks but they are so milky and sweet and I just don't like them they make me sick. I have been looking into the unjury brand thinking I could try chicken broth' date=' unflavored and the cheese. I really wish I could find a more juice based protein drink that was good... Any suggestions??[/quote']

Unjury has a strawberry sorbet one when blended with Water or crystal lite lemonade and ice is real good and a change from the milky shakes. Or unjury unflavored to make a fruit smoothie. I use frozen strawberry or mango.

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 DOS:338 CW:310

Great info.. I loved the Atkins Protein shakes prior to surgery and in the first two weeks. Then all of a sudden something changed and some days I can drink them and some days I get nauseous and need Zofran. I have tried a few other Protein drinks but they are so milky and sweet and I just don't like them they make me sick. I have been looking into the unjury brand thinking I could try chicken broth' date=' unflavored and the cheese. I really wish I could find a more juice based protein drink that was good... Any suggestions??[/quote']

Isopure is one people recommend for a nice clear juice. I have heard the two flavors people like are Grape and Mango/Peach. You can find these at GNC.

The second brand is Syntrax nectar. I've tried a bunch of flavors from the sample pack at mybariatricpantry.com. I thought the lemonade and green apple were good and others rave about the peach nectar.< /p>

Isopure is one people recommend for a nice clear juice. I have heard the two flavors people like are Grape and Mango/Peach. You can find these at GNC.

The second brand is Syntrax nectar. I've tried a bunch of flavors from the sample pack at mybariatricpantry.com. I thought the lemonade and green apple were good and others rave about the peach nectar.< /p>

I like the Isopure zero carb mango peach and alpine punch. I bought them pre made, I do Water it down 1/2 Water, 1/2 the Isopure. Those seem to be the only ones I like. I just bought a canister of the peach mango to see how that goes. I also plan on using the canister Isopure for smoothies by adding frozen strawberries.

I recently ordered syntax nectar fuzzy navel and am waiting on it. I've read alot of good reviews about it, not much negative. i will also try this as a smoothie. I have a very difficult time w the milky, thick shakes now. So I have an extreme difficult time w chocolates and those flavored now.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I seriously LOVE the Unjury chicken. It tastes like the lipton powdered Soup, or kind of like top ramen. YUM :wub: Not a huge fan of the strawberry sorbet. I just ordered a nectar sample pack so I'll let you know what I think.

Here's where personal preferences come in...I tried the Isopure mango peach once. It smelled to me like a bottle of formula my kid once left in a car in the summer. I still gag at the thought of drinking the clear Proteins.

chicken Soup is my back up...I usually do it for lunch' date=' not sweet, a little salty, not great but a good change from the sickeningly sweet shakes. Just watch the sodium, it's pretty high which is why I limit myself to 1 per day.[/quote']

try low sodium

Ugh, I now hate the Unjury chicken broth. I was hoping it would be the magic to keep me from having to drink these nasty sweet shakes. But I can't tolerate it. I'm going to mix some in Soup and see what happens.