Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you start your protein drinks

I came home yesterday from the hospital

Now confused on how much to take in and what

Can someone give me some help

RNY buddies

Hope all is well

I came home yesterday from the hospital

Now confused on how much to take in and what

Can someone give me some help

RNY buddies

Hope all is well

I did 2 oz every 15 mins. First 15 min was Protein (shake or powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury soup) then next 3 15 mins was hydrating liquid (crystal light, watered down juice, etc). Then repeat...all day :)

I did 2 oz every 15 mins. First 15 min was Protein (shake or unjury soup) then next 3 15 mins was hydrating liquid (crystal light' date=' watered down juice, etc). Then repeat...all day :)[/quote']

My secret to success in all liquids was a kitchen timer--I kept it with me ALL the time to keep my 15 mins in target. I always got my Protein and liquids and I think that was big reason why--good luck!

My doc said the first couple of weeks he only wanted me to focus on Fluid intake. He said he did not care about my Protein.< /p>

Im not allowed to start Protein shakes or my Vitamins till im two weeks out which is this coming Monday. Thank goodness!

Question though... When you start your Protein Shakes initially can you only add milk, or will it hurt to add other things like fruits etc. To liven it up a bit??

I don't see my nut till next Thurs.

I started Protein shakes week two but all drs. are different so check. During the clear liquid phase I was doing unjury chicken broth & strawberry drink for Protein & liquid.

TLP: Most Dr. don't recommend fruit for a while. I think I could add it at the pureed/soft phase. I went really slow because of the sugar and dumping risk. I still eat very little of it.

Good luck

I used my Protein shake as a 10 a.m. snack (64 gram) I could not gulp it..it took about 45 minutes to get the whole thing down. I siped, siped, siped all day and night. At the beginning of each day I would put crystal light or what ever powder flavor i was using into 4 16.9 oz bottles, all I had to do was make sure I drank all 4 bottles by the time i went to bed.

My surgeon/nutritionist gave me all written instructions before the surgery and then sent me home from the hospital with more written instructions on exactly what I should be eating/drinking and when.. They game me the 3 day post op instuctions, 1 wk, 2 wk, 3 wk, 4 wk, etc. etc. I would contact your surgeon because each one is different in their post op instructions.

I just came home tonight and had surgery on wed. My dr said fluids and either carnation instant Breakfast or low sugar Protein to get my Protein in. Nothing else until I see the nut at three

Weeks. I have the unjury Soup but not sure if I can have that now so will email nut on Monday.

Good luck.

Shannon