Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

I can't eat anything reheated unless it's something moist like meatballs in sauce. I usually toss out any leftovers my husband won't eat - it's not worth the misery.

I have officially learned my lesson with eggs. I made one scrambled egg with cheese tonight. About half way through it I had to run to the bathroom. It didn't get stuck, it almost left like a stomach flu. Made me super nauseous. Anyone else have issues with eggs?

Ditto on reheated meat. It just tastes yuck most of the time to me. Hopefully repurposed will be different though, since I just made a couple turkey Soups. Turkey congee (without the rice), and turkey and chorizo.

I have officially learned my lesson with eggs. I made one scrambled egg with cheese tonight. About half way through it I had to run to the bathroom. It didn't get stuck, it almost left like a stomach flu. Made me super nauseous. Anyone else have issues with eggs?

This began to happen to me after my soft food stage. I ate so many eggs that my body rejects them now. Even making them for my family for Breakfast makes me sick.

I haven't had eggs since before my surgery. For Some reason, just the thought of eggs makes me go "yuck!"

I haven't had eggs since before my surgery. For Some reason, just the thought of eggs makes me go "yuck!"

I feel the same way about Italian food. I used to love it, since my surgery, August 6th I may have made any kind of Italian food twice. Once for my daughters birthday, she loves spaghetti, and I made a chicken lasagna for my brothers party. And on another note I have never really liked sea food but now I want it all the time.

<br>

I have yet to hear a reason why eggs are hard for us to handle. Even Google doesn't provide a good answer! ;)<br>

I had a hard time at first but now am able to eat them although I don't eat them very often. I am 7 months post op and still cant handle chicken which sucks cuz it's awesome Protein !

Edited by Dorian

When you stop and think about it, eggs are used to bind up recipes. Maybe with the smaller pouches we have for stomachs now, that's why we seem to react to eggs the way we do. Having said that, I can eat small amounts of egg when I put it in a fried rice. Anyone who has difficulties with egg, try this idea and see if it helps.

I can eat eggs. Every Saturday at work we order breakfast. I usually get one egg, scrambled w/veggies and cheese. Yum!

Pan seared pork center chop and sweet potatoes. Didn't take a lot of it to fill me up

I am still eating turkey and dressing lol with a bit of cranberry sauce. Think tonight may be the last night of it. Getting old now

What type of vegetables is everyone eating? I need some options other than salad.< /p>

I like steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus. I like cheese on the broccoli and a little sea salt and cracked pepper on the others. Grilled summer squash and zucchini are good too. :-)

I'm loving cherry tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini, butternut squash, sweet potatoes. I've grown fonder of veggies and have to make sure I still get my Protein in or I would do straight veggies.