Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

Salsa is okay to have to whoever asked that a few posts back haha.

When I was in the soft food stage one of my favorite foods was chicken salad made with low fat mayo spread on thin cucumber slices with a slice of cheese. mmm now I want to eat that now, I should make it again.

Even though I'm 12 weeks some of my favorite foods now are still the mushy stuff. The other night I made Hawaiian BBQ "pizzas" on low carb English Muffins and ended up picking all the toppings off the bread and just eating the mush lol

You can criticize all you want it doesn't bother me. I totally get you. First of all I am 56 yrs old. I have been a diabetic for 10 years. I am almost 3 months out. I am not able to eat much when I do eat. I do not eat creamy foods like I have seen alot do with the Alfredo ewww can't stand it. I don't eat the refried Beans so many eat because there is no nutrition in them except high carbs. I am being honest. If you read my post every day you will see it is only for dinner that I comment. Yes I did have pizza 2 small slices that were thin very little cheese with mushrooms. Will I again no. Have no desire to eat pizza again because not only did it not taste good but the texture was horrid. I don't have cream Soups ever like I have seen folks eat, there is nothing wrong with KFC grilled chicken I never eat the skin on the birds. Very high Protein I don't eat much fried foods at all. I don't eat potatoes I eat some salads with a light vinergrette. I eat veggies but getting away from peas and beans high in carbs. I eat baked fish. It's very hard to not eat alot of things I can not a cook at all. Yes I had the chocolate eggs they were very small like a gum drop. Nope chocolate and I are not the best of friends anymore . And found out tonight. That means my tool is working for me. I have lost 53 lbs since January 1st my AC 1 has went from a 7. To 5 . 6 which is really good. I don't eat the Greek yogurts or any yogurts for that matter because the texture and taste is groce. So yea I do on occasion eat something bad or not and just not on the plan. But it's in a small amount to see how it taste and usually I can't eat it again. And yes I have had 2 bouts with dumping.

Oh tonight was the first for corn. 1 spoonful didn't like it, wings. What is wrong with wings if you pull the skin off. It's chicken and had no sauce on them and they were not fried but baked in the oven.

I do tell the truth I am not going to cheat myself or lie on this thread to make me sound like I am perfect. Because I am not perfect. One of the reasons I had the surgery was because I was having huge health issues. Not to land a man because aim married. Not to get pregnant because well I am too old. Lol it's just to get healthy I need to lose another 60 lbs and I will be good. So anyway thanks for pointing out my flaws. But be sure you look in the mirror to see if you have any my friend

I agree with others on here that I am also sorry you were judged. I do not think anyone should be on here and be degrading other people. This is meant to support one another, offer help and advice, and be honest. Lets all face it this is not an easy thing to do and I admire everyone person who decides to have this surgery done. It takes a strong person to go through this so we should all pat ourselves on the back. I applaud you Hippy girl for your honesty and admitting your faults to everyone on here. Keep up your efforts and know that you have the support from many of us on here.

Navigated a buffet tonight at 2 weeks post op. I ate mashed potatoes and took a chance on some white fish, which I hadn't experimented with before. Both were fine. I did throw some applesauce and a Protein Shake in my bag just in case. Didn't need to use them.

Navigated a buffet tonight at 2 weeks post op. I ate mashed potatoes and took a chance on some white fish' date=' which I hadn't experimented with before. Both were fine. I did throw some applesauce and a Protein Shake in my bag just in case. Didn't need to use them.[/quote']

Good for you! That had to make you feel semi-normal again!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

I agree with others on here that I am also sorry you were judged. I do not think anyone should be on here and be degrading other people. This is meant to support one another' date=' offer help and advice, and be honest. Lets all face it this is not an easy thing to do and I admire everyone person who decides to have this surgery done. It takes a strong person to go through this so we should all pat ourselves on the back. I applaud you Hippy girl for your honesty and admitting your faults to everyone on here. Keep up your efforts and know that you have the support from many of us on here.[/quote']

Thank you, the comments are appreciated. Of course the one who sounded off to start with hasn't said anything else nor post what they had to eat for dinner. Some times I think there are people on certain forums who are just haters and hasn't had the surgery. The same people who we have all seen passing by snickering and pointing at the fat people. They haven't got a clue.

But that's ok I am a success I no longer take cholesterol or high blood pressure pills and about to be taken off my diabetes pills. So I think I have done very well. Just like so many of you gaining back your life. Good for us!!

What is Perdue chicken' date=' and how do you fix it?[/quote']

It is pre-cooked, shaped like a hamburger & you can nuke it or heat it in the oven or on the stove in a pan. I had never seen it before this week. I nuked it, added the sauce & cheese, nuked it a little bit more to melt cheese & ate it. Patty is 3 oz& 15 gms of Protein. I saw 2 flavors - lightly seasoned & spinach something. I have been working late so to come and make something quick is what appeals to me. Before surgery I never made things at home - ate out almost every meal - so learning how to cook & eat at home has been rewarding & challenging. I need to try Lisa's method with boneless uncooked breasts cause mine are like dry as toast lol. I bought the patties at Harris-Teeter, an east coast chain. On Eggface, she used precooked chicken similar to Perdue from Hillshire Farms but they aren't sold around here.

Black eyed peas with smoked turkey tails' date=' canbage and lean marinaded pork chops[/quote']

Where do you buy the turkey tails? I love em but can't find em.

Black eyed peas with smoked turkey tails' date=' canbage and lean marinaded pork chops[/quote']

Petite filet, about 3oz. Soo good, little bit of salad. Steak isn't good for us all the time, but this was a very yummy treat!

I modified the chicken Parmesan cupcakes from EmilyBites.com so I could use what I had on hand... ended up with Spinach and Turkey Parmesan cupcakes and they were DELICIOUS! Even the hubby thought they were great. Even better, 9.8 grams of Protein in each and they were the perfect size

In my Sam's Club I found chicken patties that have grilled onions and Swiss cheese in them. They are fully cooked...just brown and eat. They are delicious and have 180cal, 10gfat, and 20g Protein in a patty

In my Sam's Club I found chicken patties that have grilled onions and Swiss cheese in them. They are fully cooked...just brown and eat. They are delicious and have 180cal' date=' 10gfat, and 20g Protein in a patty

[/quote']

I eat it with no bread, a little ketchup and a little mayo...I wasn't able to eat the whole patty, but I did get down more than half of it.

I bought them at a local grocery store here called giant eagle in the meat dept.

Sam's club has pre cooked mesquite chicken breast. I love them!! I either dice it up and add to salad or just eat it with different veggies

I modified the chicken Parmesan cupcakes from EmilyBites.com so I could use what I had on hand... ended up with Spinach and Turkey Parmesan cupcakes and they were DELICIOUS! Even the hubby thought they were great. Even better, 9.8 grams of Protein in each and they were the perfect size

i am obsessed with her website