Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

it’s free entertainment...

hysterical FREE ENTERTAINMENT

well not totally free - i have to pay internet fees - but if I go the the McDonalds they have free wifi.

lol

thought bubble - do they have free wifi at the buffet? chinese or golden corral - i’ll go chinese because thats like practically diet food

Support isn't all about blowing sunshine up people's azz all the time. There are times when questions should be asked about choices. If I wrote that I went to the fried food eat everything buffet, I would hope someone would question my choice & not applaud it. If i wrote that i skipped my postop appts, please call me out. We're going to lose weight regardless of choices during the honeymoon period. That's why it is a good idea to make healthy choices now & create a habit of it from the beginning. The several year post bypass people I work with that have gained back lots of weight are drinking sodas, eating high carb foods & grazing all day. They went back to bad habits. One of them told me she wished someone would have questioned her choices directly rather than talk behind her back as she found out through the grapevine. The other is talking about having a revision surgery to make her lose weight again when she could just alter her choices. some people are very alone in their choices and don't have any source of feedback other than here. We all learn from each other. I believe this thread is about sharing food ideas so we can develop some (healthy) variety in our dietary choices. I know I've seen things I want to try & some I wouldn't eat & make me shake my head but I look forward to seeing what people are eating.

Perdue short cut chicken burger with low fmarinara & an ultra thin slice of Sargento provolone. 3 minute meal & moist & yummy!

Perdue short cut chicken burger with low fmarinara & an ultra thin slice of Sargento provolone. 3 minute meal & moist & yummy!

Support isn't all about blowing sunshine up people's azz all the time. There are times when questions should be asked about choices. If I wrote that I went to the fried food eat everything buffet, I would hope someone would question my choice & not applaud it. If i wrote that i skipped my postop appts, please call me out. We're going to lose weight regardless of choices during the honeymoon period. That's why it is a good idea to make healthy choices now & create a habit of it from the beginning. The several year post bypass people I work with that have gained back lots of weight are drinking sodas, eating high carb foods & grazing all day. They went back to bad habits. One of them told me she wished someone would have questioned her choices directly rather than talk behind her back as she found out through the grapevine. The other is talking about having a revision surgery to make her lose weight again when she could just alter her choices. some people are very alone in their choices and don't have any source of feedback other than here. We all learn from each other. I believe this thread is about sharing food ideas so we can develop some (healthy) variety in our dietary choices. I know I've seen things I want to try & some I wouldn't eat & make me shake my head but I look forward to seeing what people are eating.

AMEN!

It’s like seeing crap habits desensitizes us and makes us think well that might be ok -

I’m pre-op and I look here to load my freezer with the RIGHT stuff...

Thank you for so eloquently saying what so many of us are obviously thinking.

I also look forward to seeing what you've eaten' date=' because you're eating real food!!! I'm thrilled so many people can get bypass then never eat carbs again, or never eat anything bad for then again, yeah for them but for me this took is on help me decrease the amount I eat. Yes I eat healthier and plan to continue that, but yes I do plan to have a slice of pizza or a chicken wing once in a while. Do what you need to do for yourself and keep up the good work!!![/quote']

I agree... My sister is few years out and I have seen her eat pizza and wings. she is doing great. Kept her weight off. We are all human.

You can criticize all you want it doesn't bother me. I totally get you. First of all I am 56 yrs old. I have been a diabetic for 10 years. I am almost 3 months out. I am not able to eat much when I do eat. I do not eat creamy foods like I have seen alot do with the Alfredo ewww can't stand it. I don't eat the refried Beans so many eat because there is no nutrition in them except high carbs. I am being honest. If you read my post every day you will see it is only for dinner that I comment. Yes I did have pizza 2 small slices that were thin very little cheese with mushrooms. Will I again no. Have no desire to eat pizza again because not only did it not taste good but the texture was horrid. I don't have cream Soups ever like I have seen folks eat' date=' there is nothing wrong with KFC grilled chicken I never eat the skin on the birds. Very high Protein I don't eat much fried foods at all. I don't eat potatoes I eat some salads with a light vinergrette. I eat veggies but getting away from peas and beans high in carbs. I eat baked fish. It's very hard to not eat alot of things I can not a cook at all. Yes I had the chocolate eggs they were very small like a gum drop. Nope chocolate and I are not the best of friends anymore . And found out tonight. That means my tool is working for me. I have lost 53 lbs since January 1st my AC 1 has went from a 7. To 5 . 6 which is really good. I don't eat the Greek yogurts or any yogurts for that matter because the texture and taste is groce. So yea I do on occasion eat something bad or not and just not on the plan. But it's in a small amount to see how it taste and usually I can't eat it again. And yes I have had 2 bouts with dumping.

Oh tonight was the first for corn. 1 spoonful didn't like it, wings. What is wrong with wings if you pull the skin off. It's chicken and had no sauce on them and they were not fried but baked in the oven.

I do tell the truth I am not going to cheat myself or lie on this thread to make me sound like I am perfect. Because I am not perfect. One of the reasons I had the surgery was because I was having huge health issues. Not to land a man because aim married. Not to get pregnant because well I am too old. Lol it's just to get healthy I need to lose another 60 lbs and I will be good. So anyway thanks for pointing out my flaws. But be sure you look in the mirror to see if you have any my friend[/quote']

Good for you Hippie! Keep working hard girl. December group will back you. Keep on posting!

I do think there's a kind way to say 'hey, I'm concerned about what you're doing' and a not so kind way. However Madame Hippie is not concerned so I will not be either. Great day to all of you and good luck on your journeys. I am out of this discussion.

Changing the subject...

I picked up an idea from YouTube from someone who was on purees and mushy foods: hummus using Gerber Graduates as the vehicle. I got those long cynlinder puff things that kind of dissolve in your mouth, veggie dip flavor and dipped in plain hummus. Omg, it was like the greatest thing I ever tasted.

Changing the subject...

I picked up an idea from YouTube from someone who was on purees and mushy foods: hummus using Gerber Graduates as the vehicle. I got those long cynlinder puff things that kind of dissolve in your mouth, veggie dip flavor and dipped in plain hummus. Omg, it was like the greatest thing I ever tasted.

I tried those when I was in the mushy stage too. Great for a crunch factor. I think I still have the practically full container kickin' around the house somewhere.

You can criticize all you want it doesn't bother me. I totally get you. First of all I am 56 yrs old. I have been a diabetic for 10 years. I am almost 3 months out. I am not able to eat much when I do eat. I do not eat creamy foods like I have seen alot do with the Alfredo ewww can't stand it. I don't eat the refried Beans so many eat because there is no nutrition in them except high carbs. I am being honest. If you read my post every day you will see it is only for dinner that I comment. Yes I did have pizza 2 small slices that were thin very little cheese with mushrooms. Will I again no. Have no desire to eat pizza again because not only did it not taste good but the texture was horrid. I don't have cream Soups ever like I have seen folks eat' date=' there is nothing wrong with KFC grilled chicken I never eat the skin on the birds. Very high Protein I don't eat much fried foods at all. I don't eat potatoes I eat some salads with a light vinergrette. I eat veggies but getting away from peas and beans high in carbs. I eat baked fish. It's very hard to not eat alot of things I can not a cook at all. Yes I had the chocolate eggs they were very small like a gum drop. Nope chocolate and I are not the best of friends anymore . And found out tonight. That means my tool is working for me. I have lost 53 lbs since January 1st my AC 1 has went from a 7. To 5 . 6 which is really good. I don't eat the Greek yogurts or any yogurts for that matter because the texture and taste is groce. So yea I do on occasion eat something bad or not and just not on the plan. But it's in a small amount to see how it taste and usually I can't eat it again. And yes I have had 2 bouts with dumping.

Oh tonight was the first for corn. 1 spoonful didn't like it, wings. What is wrong with wings if you pull the skin off. It's chicken and had no sauce on them and they were not fried but baked in the oven.

I do tell the truth I am not going to cheat myself or lie on this thread to make me sound like I am perfect. Because I am not perfect. One of the reasons I had the surgery was because I was having huge health issues. Not to land a man because aim married. Not to get pregnant because well I am too old. Lol it's just to get healthy I need to lose another 60 lbs and I will be good. So anyway thanks for pointing out my flaws. But be sure you look in the mirror to see if you have any my friend[/quote']

Do you chop the salad? My doc won't let me have it yet

:( , wings haven't tried that due to not being able to hold down meat as well ....as long as you control what you need to and continue to control and lose weight ,more power to you ,KFC grilled chicken sounds good , is there any ideas to shred it ? When was your surgery ? I'm 52 days or 7 weeks now yay ive lost 58 lbs .....congrats on your lost

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

Changing the subject...

I picked up an idea from YouTube from someone who was on purees and mushy foods: hummus using Gerber Graduates as the vehicle. I got those long cynlinder puff things that kind of dissolve in your mouth' date=' veggie dip flavor and dipped in plain hummus. Omg, it was like the greatest thing I ever tasted.[/quote']

Those gerber puffs are so good. I love the veggie ones and the cheddar cheese ones, they taste like cheetos lol.

hw--295<br />sw--278<br />dos-- 12/12/12<br />cw-- 229

i personally think its mo one's business what we eat. no one has the right to judge another. Ive had pizza, a cookie, a bit of carrot cake, french fries, pieces of chocolate and probably other foods not on the "list". Im 7 weeks out and Im losing. i work full time and work out 2 to 3 hours a day. does eating junk make me bad no Im human. this forum is for positive reenforcement not judgement! if you cant be positive i dont have time for it! go hippy girl i look forward to reading more from you!